Futures for this year?

bluemyboy

CTG Player
anyone going to play any MLB futures?

I played 5 last year had det and stl actually, unfortunately it was at BOS, so never got paid out.

I dont bet much bases but I still like to root on some teams every year. I normally spread out my bets to different divisions, picking 5-6 teams depending on what odds I can get.

about 2 weeks from when most books close off their futures, so just trying to get a feel on what people are thinking this year.

I personally think that 2 teams I'll take will be Tex(45-1) and Ari(55-1).... also at about 12-1 I like stl. I think that KC will actually be decent this year, but dont think they will make the playoffs, still 125-1, I may toss a very small amount on that..... we'll see

will look some more, looking mainly for teams that will win their division, however I think the best odds are the mid-level teams as I am sure a couple will make the playoffs this year over some of the hyped odds on favorites..... always seems to happen.

any comments are appreciated.

good to discuss...too risky to play these days, imo.

i've played them every year, as far back as i've been gambling...but not any more.

anyways, i still got more work to do before i'm ready to put out my predictions.

Alright, I think I have thought this out enough. I do not bet on the majority of baseball games, just way too much of a grind and way too many games for me with school. So, instead these are my teams for the year, and here is what I will be playing:

Kansas City Royals
Odds: 500-1
Risk: 5$
To make: 2500$

Seattle Mariners
Odds: 100-1
Risk: 10$
To make: 1000$

Milwaukee Brewers
Odds: 60-1
Risk: 25$
To make: 1500$

Toronto Blue Jays
Odds: 25-1
Risk: 80$
To make: 2000$

NewYork Mets
Odds: 10-1
Risk: 200$

I did one prop.

Oakland +200 to win the A.L. West.

The Angels were the medium heavy favorite to take the division and while they are solid, I think the A's can take the West. First off, Seattle and Texas both are .500 teams to me.

The A's have a monster pitching staff. Rich Harden being healthy all year is never a given, but right now from what I've seen, I'm already thinking Cy Young. He's followed up by the deceptively good Dan Haren. Blanton also is a pretty decent number 3 pitcher. They have decent middle relief with guys like Calero and Duchscher. Hudson Street, when healthy, is a really good closer.

The offensive side there are guys like Crosby and Chavez who can possibly bounce back from injury riddled years. Swisher looks to be a monster this year. Old vets like Stewart and Bradley are in the outfield. They have a decent vereran catcher in Kendall and a vereran DH in Pop Em Up Piazza.

Just my 2 cents.

I did one prop.

Oakland +200 to win the A.L. West.

The Angels were the medium heavy favorite to take the division and while they are solid, I think the A's can take the West. First off, Seattle and Texas both are .500 teams to me.

The A's have a monster pitching staff. Rich Harden being healthy all year is never a given, but right now from what I've seen, I'm already thinking Cy Young. He's followed up by the deceptively good Dan Haren. Blanton also is a pretty decent number 3 pitcher. They have decent middle relief with guys like Calero and Duchscher. Hudson Street, when healthy, is a really good closer.

The offensive side there are guys like Crosby and Chavez who can possibly bounce back from injury riddled years. Swisher looks to be a monster this year. Old vets like Stewart and Bradley are in the outfield. They have a decent vereran catcher in Kendall and a vereran DH in Pop Em Up Piazza.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree, I do not like Anaheim to win the West. However I think that the west will be a power division this year. I think that both Texas and Seattle will play well enough to make this a four team race all the way down the line. good luck with that, I would not mind having Seattle with the wild card.

i like NY Yankees to win it all this year, they kind of have a chip on their shoulder.

they are always the fav, I almost took them last year. I just think that is a team you bet against to make money, The most optimistic teams every single year time and time again are the Cubbies and the Yanks. I think their lines are way over bet, it is hard enough for me to take a team that is less then 20-1. I also think that Toronto makes it click this year. They do not have as much presure to succeed as they did last year, when they were almost everyones "underdog" to win it all. That division always has some fireworks before it is all said and done.....

This is what I bet: I only played them for $25 each. Purely for fun. I just want to see if I'm going to be right come September and now I have a record of it.

Minnesota under 84 +105
Houston under 78.5 even money
Mets under 89.5 +110

I think under with the Twins is the best bet on the board and the Astros are a close second. These teams have no starting pitching. Where are they going to get the wins from. The Mets is simply a bet against their awful pitching staff but they could still hit their way.

This is what I bet: I only played them for $25 each. Purely for fun. I just want to see if I'm going to be right come September and now I have a record of it.

Minnesota under 84 +105
Houston under 78.5 even money
Mets under 89.5 +110

I think under with the Twins is the best bet on the board and the Astros are a close second. These teams have no starting pitching. Where are they going to get the wins from. The Mets is simply a bet against their awful pitching staff but they could still hit their way.

if you are going with the starting pitching aspect, I think that tossing the cards (as much as it pains me to say) in there is a must. They tore their SP up completely. With their dominance in general, King Pujols, the run they had last year and the fact that most people think all they need is carpenter. They are brining up looper and wainright to starting roles, which should take a little adjustment period. I think that line might be a good under. anyways good luck with your picks, I hope that the mets dont fold on me this year, but if they dont win it all, I hope at least they absolutely stink..... but if not Glavine for Cy Young in 2007!!!!!

update: about 1/3 through the season.

Kansas City Royals
Odds: 500-1
Risk: 5$
To make: 2500$

13.5 out of Central lead and 11 out of the WC. Barring a miracle this bet is done. I think they pick it up though and they are playing decent on the road, but it must suck to come home and see the support they have. Meche is better then I expected and I think his performance will boost the confidence of this team. As a long shot pick, I think they will fair better then both TB and Wash when it is all said and done, although it would be nice to see them win more at home.

Seattle Mariners
Odds: 100-1
Risk: 10$
To make: 1000$

3.5 back in the AL west and 2.5 back of the WC. This team is #1 hitting team in baseball and imo has more confidence then any other team right now. They took a huge game 1 yesterday from Anaheim and have Felix back pitching and Washburn is really stepping it up. I was convicned his performance so far was smoke and mirrors to the real JW. This is really looking like my best shot to have a AL team in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how this team tackles any aquisitions this year. SP please.

Milwaukee Brewers
Odds: 60-1
Risk: 25$
To make: 1500$

5 games up in the NL West and 1.5 back of the WC (if applic). Wow. They are playing really well, but need to get out of the rut they are currently in. The hitters are doing very well and pitching is also following the same course. It helps to have a weak central division this year as well.

Toronto Blue Jays
Odds: 25-1
Risk: 80$

12 games back of AL EAST and 6 games back of the WC. How fast they fell. They started out hot and was hit with the big injury. they have spent the last few weeks not playing so great while Boston has been. They still are not that bad in respects to the WC, but they need to go on some runs here and make up some distance before the All-star break. Not written off yet, but a lot of work.

NewYork Mets
Odds: 10-1
Risk: 200$

4 games up in the NL East and 3.5 up in the WC (if applic). This team is playing very quality ball right now. They have everything that it would take for them to win it all. They bring a dominant pressence whether at home or on the road. Atlanta is a strong division rival and will be there all year long to cause the Mets problems, but I like the possition I am in here.

Back