Futures: Chargers to Win Super Bowl

TailBait

Pretty much a regular
Hey guys, I was at the Bellagio sports book watching the Bills/Broncos game a few weeks ago when I was in Vegas for the Las Vegas Bowl and I saw the Chargers were 500-1 to win the Super Bowl. So I through $10 to win $5,000 on the Chargers to win the Super Bowl. It looks a lot better now that the Chargers have made the playoffs; I saw San Diego at 10-1 to win the Super Bowl now. Great value in this one, now I have a team to root for in the playoffs now that the Texans season is over =)

San Diego Chargers $10 to win $5,000 to win Super Bowl
500-1 odds

good luck man, it's tough to see norv turner winning 3 playoff games, BUT i think they have a good path to get there if some things fall their way. they have a great first game against hte colts, a team they match up well against---then if balt beats the dolphins they don't have to play the titans they can go play the steelers who they coulda shoulda woulda beat in pitt not long ago, so they'll have the confidence there. then if balt beats the titans you have a home game to go to the superbowl. i don't think you want to see the titans if you are a charger fan, but if you have two home games and the away game is against a team you just played and played very well...i think there's a real chance there. i'd be rooting for baltimore if i were you---obviously

I wonder what kind of chase you could start now on a Charger loss that would hedge out a guaranteed profit?

I was thinking about throwing down like $1000 on the Charger's opponents in every playoff game as a hedge, since I think it is a stretch they win every game. But, Philip Rivers is very hot right now and LT is still a bad ass mother....The Chargers are playing great ball right now, so I love the value in 500-1....come on, the Dolphins were 150-1 to win the Super Bowl before the year started, how in the hell did I get 500-1? haha

Quoting Gandolf: "I wonder what kind of chase you could start now on a Charger loss that would hedge out a guaranteed profit?"

The same thing I hear today about Norv Turner I was hearing about Bill Cowher a few years ago "he'll never win a super bowl"

what do you guys think about throwing 1,000 against the Chargers in every game? Since I have 5,000 to work with (since it is is the payout of the futures bet) i could afford 4 losses right? tell me what you guys think, thanks in advance

Straight $1000 bets wouldn't work. If the Chargers win their first two you're down $2000 and even if they loss the AFC Championship you're down.

You'd need to chase a smaller amount, say $300. Then if SD wins you increase the next bet to still net $300, and so on. The only difficulty is that the Chargers will be considerable dogs after the Wildcard round, so you'll be betting on -250, -300 teams at quickly increasing amounts.

So with Indy at -120 you'd bet $360 to win $300. But if SD wins then at Pittsburgh the Steelers will probably be around -300, which means you need to bet $1980 to win $660, maintaining that $300 profit. Then if SD wins you're out $2340 and it really could get scary from there if its the Titans at -300 in the AFC Championship.

Looks like you need at least 1 or 2 more Charger wins in order to get a solid hedge in place.

The same thing I hear today about Norv Turner I was hearing about Bill Cowher a few years ago "he'll never win a super bowl"

I agree with the general premise that the 'never won a super bowl, never will' is lame but there is a reason people dog Norv Turner the head coach. He's fairly mediocre.

GL with the bet. Love the value on SD that you got and honestly you can't go wrong here.

Back