Friday swingin' A's swingin' their nuts Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
love what they're doing and i'm very surprised. Seems like this will be the year...

leans from the BOL open:
CIN -108
MIL +165/u6.5
PIT o9
LAD u7
OAK u7
DET o8.5

on the radar:
CIN u7
NYM u7.5
LAA +100

leans
Rockies/Tigers FF over [5?]
Angels/game under 8/Rays TT under [4?]
Mets
Marlins/game under 7/Reds TT under [3'?]
Astros
Jays/Astros over 9
Rats/Dbacks over 9

Thinking about at least 1 game over that has not been mentioned. Will talk more about it tomorrow. Some damn favorites. Maybe a dog or too. I am a fan of being transparent but am going to take my time.
Concerning Houston---McHugh likes the night, does not play well at home and likes 5 days rest. He has 1. Houston is 5-12 on Friday their worst day. They have recently been playing very hard and I would like to bet on them. Toronto is 11-2 last 13 games and has failed to cover the RL twice. They are a very serious opponent
GL

Last edited:
Texas Over, Boston Over (capuano gets eaten alive me thinks), pitt over, TB ml, Balt ML

updated leans:
MIL +140/u7
PIT o9: L. Barrett (would love 8.5)
OAK u7
DET o9
NYM u7
CIN u7: Fletcher

Sale pitched against the Twins in his last start. The White Sox are 1-2 SU (0-2 SU home) when he goes B2B starts against the same team like that.

Cespedas will be in right and craig in left tonight for the sox (early report)

leans
Mets
Astros
Jays/Astros over 9
Rats/Dbacks over 9

played Rockies/Tigers FF over 5 (-110) --- Morales road starts: 5-2 FF OU; Verlander home starts: 8-2 FF OU

SP change in Miami may keep me off of Reds TT under. in Cosart's 4 July starts, opposition scored 7, 7, 7, 13 (MIA, @CWS, @TX, SEA). bah.

played Rockies/Tigers FF over 5 (-110) --- Morales road starts: 5-2 FF OU; Verlander home starts: 8-2 FF OU

SP change in Miami may keep me off of Reds TT under. in Cosart's 4 July starts, opposition scored 7, 7, 7, 13 (MIA, @CWS, @TX, SEA). bah.

think he has a good ump in Fletcher (no previous appearances with him) and CIN hasn't hit since the all-star break. Latos should be able to overpower the Fish and it's a huge park

Quick thoughts:

Looking at Cinncy. Don't see how Cosart should be a favorite here in his first game w/ Fish.

Looking at Cubs and Brewers. Both lines opened too high IMO but the significant value is no longer available.

Overall, not a pretty card

The KC/OAK total looks like the sucker bet of the day. I assumed a 7 or even a juiced 6.5. But 7.5? Guthrie has struggled mightily and could be in trouble tonight.

Stults and minor just got lit up be each team earlier in the week. Braves played hard against Dodgers. Padres are just a loose no care in the world bunch. Minor looks shot. He needs to pitch well tonight or move to long relief IMO.

Stults and minor just got lit up be each team earlier in the week. Braves played hard against Dodgers. Padres are just a loose no care in the world bunch. Minor looks shot. He needs to pitch well tonight or move to long relief IMO.

Agree. I hate Minor. Then I looked at Stults' numbers, and I just can't stomach a bet on him.

think he has a good ump in Fletcher (no previous appearances with him) and CIN hasn't hit since the all-star break. Latos should be able to overpower the Fish and it's a huge park

Thanks for your thoughts. i'm going back and forth on this one. Reds have only scored more than 3 runs once since the all-star break, and that required a 3-run homer from Mesoraco in the 9th. the pitchers who have held them down have generally been better than Cosart. Cosart's problems this season have been walks and relatively low strand rate. well, Fletcher should help with the walks (not to mention that call last night has to have the umps somewhat sympathetic to Fish in general), and Reds are batting just .145 with RISP since break (12-83) and have only one game with more than one hit with RISP. eh, i think that i've managed to talk myself into it.

leans
Mets
Astros
Jays/Astros over 9
Rats/Dbacks over 9

ultimately went with:
Rockies/Tigers FF over 5 (-110)
Rays TT under 3' (-115)
Reds TT under 3' (-115)
ML parlay: Nats + White Sox (-104)

Thanks for your thoughts. i'm going back and forth on this one. Reds have only scored more than 3 runs once since the all-star break, and that required a 3-run homer from Mesoraco in the 9th. the pitchers who have held them down have generally been better than Cosart. Cosart's problems this season have been walks and relatively low strand rate. well, Fletcher should help with the walks (not to mention that call last night has to have the umps somewhat sympathetic to Fish in general), and Reds are batting just .145 with RISP since break (12-83) and have only one game with more than one hit with RISP. eh, i think that i've managed to talk myself into it.

definitely not considering a Reds bet cuz all four umps will be looking to make calls for the home team, hence the under correlation there too

no cespedas tonight for bosox

SOX v NYY: Holt RF; Pedroia 2B; Ortiz H: Napoli 1B; Craig LF; Bogaerts SS; Middlebrooks 3B; Ross C; Betts CF; Ranaudo P

and Carp designated for assignment

updated leans:
MIL u7
PIT o9: L. Barrett (would love 8.5)
OAK u7
NYM u7
CIN u7: Fletcher

no cespedas tonight for bosox

SOX v NYY: Holt RF; Pedroia 2B; Ortiz H: Napoli 1B; Craig LF; Bogaerts SS; Middlebrooks 3B; Ross C; Betts CF; Ranaudo P

and Carp designated for assignment

Cespedas just landed in Boston -- will be available tonight---

looking forward to just watching the kids play,, plus some new guys... nothing to lose...and if they beat the Yankees it is even better...

How can you tell if a team is mad or sad. That seems like reaching for something that might not be there.

Got started only 5 hours late not sure if I will be of use. Major trend says under in Yankee game, Was thinking about Padres over on the theory that both sides get at least 3 and these teams do not get along. Wainwright's best rest is 4 days this year. 7-3 1.98 ERA. Will be on Washington somehow Will be back if I bet

In Haren's 7-inning home start on Jun 30, he held Cleveland to 0 runs and 1 hit. Angel Hernandez was the HPU. I hope that shit doesn't happen tonight. I took the Cubs o3. Aside from that start versus Cleveland, opposing teams have averaged 5.0 ±1.6 runs per game in Haren's home starts this year.

Just peaked at game hunters thread.. He has over 1200 guests looking right now.. Wow.,

Back