Friday, November 3rd, Plays and Analysis

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
29-11-1 +15.70 units

Cannot say I am happy with Thursday night. I will admit that TNT Thursday's get the best of me. Its too bad we didn't cash the Denver ML. Absolute phantom call on Denver for Cassell to get the winning FT's. Let the guys plays. Great effort by Denver indeed without Melo. Hit game under to preserve a bit. I can't really bitch being up almost 3200 in NBA far..its just my competitive nature. On to the next day.


Want to get this going right off the bat. Only a two card game tonight so lets dive right in. It looks like I will have 5 plays total. Two are locked in and the other three I think line will move my way a bit.

More write-ups and analysis later tonight and tomorrow.

Miami vs New Jersey

-The Heat looked like garbage the other night. It was a typical championship hangover game. Chicago was also firing on all cylinders at that point. Lets throw away a lot of that game. Ltes only focus on a few things. One, lack of motivation of Heat players. Two, O'Neal subpar performance. Well, I think both change on Friday night. No team wants to be embarrassed at home 2 games running to start season. Especially when they have just slipped rings on their fingers.

-This is a typical line overreaction. Much like the Chicago Orlando game

-New Jersey will be a damn good team this year but I think this is a bad spot for them. Krstic can draw the bigs out but thats all I see going for them on Friday night. Wade will cut them apart. O'Neal should have a much better game. The Miami role guys will shoot better.

Miami -5 -101

This line moved up intially but has come back down. A better number is available currently
 
Last edited:
Detroit vs Boston

Well, Seabass said it all and we had to fire away on the Over in this game.

Why you ask..?

-Detroit's interior defense is not there right now. They did block a lot of shots and made some plays but the principles of the defense and basic fundamentals are missing right now. Basketball is a game of inches and thats what is wrong with the DET defense. It is just a bit off. Milwaukke expose with all their inside buckets

-Boston surely will improve on game one's offensive output. New Orleans sorta bogged them down. Detroit will not do that. Last year they would have on road. This year I don't think so.

-Detroit will be much better offensively. Sheed should have more than the zero he put up game one. Prince will be more active and they should genuinly shoot better.

I think your see a much more crisp game than these two teams displayed in their openers. As for the side, it could go either way honestly. We'll say Rip duplicates his feat of one year ago in second game at Boston..

Detroit 100-99

Detroit Over 193 -101
 
Dan patrick was debating the o/u on sheed today.. it was pretty funny

I think after 17 he has to serve suspensions..
 
Captain,

that over went up 1.5 since open. Miami did intialy as well(1/2 point). I hope they move for yas.
 
Looking into these games right now BAR...Looks like the 2 games you bet on are going opposite directions (I see Heat -4.5 and Over 192 now)...

I'm thinking I'll hit the over while it's down and hope that Miami keeps getting pounded down to a -4 or -3.5

Tomorrow looks TASTY :drink:
 
I hate the Thursday night cards. I call it "made for TV basketball". That being said, I'm on DENVER as well. It popped as a fade.

good luck BAR.
 
I know the line isn't out right now but, im lookin to see what the cavs are gonna be friday.... last year the spurs were absolutely awful on day two of a b2b.. wanted to know what u guys thought of taht one
 
B.A.R. said:
Captain,

that over went up 1.5 since open. Miami did intialy as well(1/2 point). I hope they move for yas.

Ahh...alright, well I'm glad I hit Boston at 192 then...I'm thinking of maybe doing a Miami ML + another team ML parlay
 
jimmied my way up your ass and tailed ya again bra!!!!


however......LAW of averages says to start fading (sorry...and not yet)
 
Utah vs Phoenix

Here's my biggest thing here. The Jazz front line vs the Suns. Carlos Boozer showed everyone the other night he is back and he looks like his Cavalier days. Mehmet Okur and AK finish off what I consider one of the top frontcourts in the NBA. I think this is where this game is won and lost. Utah did that to PHX up in SLC last night.

Also, watching this Clippers team makes me devalue the Suns win Wednesday night. This will also be third in four days for the Suns. They are still the suns but will have to make a lot of jumpers to beat a tough Jazz interior.

This Jazz team is a certain sleeper this season. Do not sleep on them...This may even be a solid ML play..I'll take the points though

Utah +7 -105 2 units
 
Do you think Bulls -6 is a dumb play and/or a trap? Bulls should dominate the weak Kings in there home opener.
 
Coppsguy said:
Do you think Bulls -6 is a dumb play and/or a trap? Bulls should dominate the weak Kings in there home opener.

I really need to ee this Kings team more. I just don;t have a feel for them. That being said I think CHI is fire up for home opener and plays well. Chi or no play for me.
 
I think it was end of last season where utah was home doggies to the suns and they came back from a large halftime defecit by pounding away the suns inside
 
With you on Utah, Nets at Miami is probably a collision. The emotion cuts both ways in that game and at the moment I'm thinking the problems attached to being old, fat and out of shape do not go away in a couple of days. GL
 
Big Al....I like the Stons over as well as Utah +7....what do you think about the Lakers tonight?

FYI, I am about to just start to tailing you on everything like a little bitch, I know it's early, but I am .500 on the young season and swimming in juice. It sucks to see a beautiful cover in the Wiz game last night get wasted by a BS performance by the Clippers.:hairout:
 
agree with you on utah. a bit iffy about miami but will probably tail you on that one. im also feelin toronto, atlanta, portland, denver, detroit.
What you think of those man? aint locked nothin in yet.
 
Like the Utah game. You convinced me to take a chance with them on the ML. Good luck BAR.:cheers:
 
Added Seattle +4 +100 (2 units)

Back at 4 pmest with thoughts and answer any questions
 
I'm kinda disappointed with the Seattle line. Hard to take the 4 when we were expecting 7 or so. Still might be a SU win though, I still may join ya.
 
B.A.R. said:
Added Seattle +4 +100 (2 units)

Back at 4 pmest with thoughts and answer any questions

Let's do it.

If these are the kind of bitches we should expect from SemCon, I have lost all respect.
 
+4 against the Lakers without Kobe? What'd you expect... I would have thought PK if SEA had beaten Portland. Seattle should whip these guys... but anything more than 4 would scream trap. I mean LAL were 7 point dogs on the road vs. GS... -4 would say they were an 3 point dogg if they played this in Seattle if you assume SEA/GS are about the same in terms of book respect.
 
Inspekdah ~

Thats the logic I like to see...what was it Tuesday nite when they caught 8.5 at home to Phoenix and most of the free world was willing to lay it.......LAL sure is playing well but its still 2 games where they probably snuck up on there opponents..how do they adjust to the role of fav? GL
 
Who does SEA have avail to combat Odom and Bynum? I like SEA but Wilcox aint enough and the firecrackers done.
 
Seattle rolled in their as 8 point doggs last year in a must-win spot and this seems to be the same here... Phoenix never showed up and GS shot horrible. Kobe's missing defense hasn't been exposed but the range of SEA should finally slow down LAL. I'm playing just because I don't like losing twice on one team in a row and I'll fade em till I hit.
 
Hey BAR,
Don't like Jazz and Seattle +the points.
I like Jazz to score some points tonight and am considering the over 102,5 or even the whole total to go over, but Phoenix has done well vs Jazz on home floor recently. Looks like Jazz are learning how to score for wins...and Phoenix is no place to learn such things..
Don't like Seattle neither...this team has no soul...Allen does his stuff, Lewis choses his games, and Ridnour will be bothered by sticky Parker. LA is high flying...ride the train !!

I like the over on Detroit.

For myself, I went for the Sixers/Magic under 192.
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/15917756.htm
For the next couple games at least Philly will focuse on D. They will surely pay it on the offensive end, as none of these players is a natural D-player.
Magic, since the end of last season, don't care that much about scoring, and just take what they need, and give what's taken from them.
Webber is falling appart, Korver is on and off, I really picture a sluggish game here, with both teams under 96.

GL to you and to all
 
Killa said:
I'm kinda disappointed with the Seattle line. Hard to take the 4 when we were expecting 7 or so. Still might be a SU win though, I still may join ya.

BDK, I had the same thoughts but understood this could happen. I honestly think Sea wins SU so I had to make the play anyway. I was hoping for some line over reaction but alas, it didn't come to fruition. Sonics win a fun one.
 
rjurewitz said:
Let's do it.

If these are the kind of bitches we should expect from SemCon, I have lost all respect.

Lets get a 3-1 night outta here RJ. I really don't see anything else I like. Maybe an intriguing halftime will pop up. We'll see.
 
rjurewitz said:
Let's do it.

If these are the kind of bitches we should expect from SemCon, I have lost all respect.

You try finding the word SEMCON and any females better..lol
 
albyman32 said:
Seattle still climbing, you can get 4.5 at plus money now.

I figured it may go up a bit. I like the even juice thats why I played it then. Very good point though.
 
karlovie said:
Hey BAR,
Don't like Jazz and Seattle +the points.
I like Jazz to score some points tonight and am considering the over 102,5 or even the whole total to go over, but Phoenix has done well vs Jazz on home floor recently. Looks like Jazz are learning how to score for wins...and Phoenix is no place to learn such things..
Don't like Seattle neither...this team has no soul...Allen does his stuff, Lewis choses his games, and Ridnour will be bothered by sticky Parker. LA is high flying...ride the train !!

I like the over on Detroit.

For myself, I went for the Sixers/Magic under 192.
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/15917756.htm
For the next couple games at least Philly will focuse on D. They will surely pay it on the offensive end, as none of these players is a natural D-player.
Magic, since the end of last season, don't care that much about scoring, and just take what they need, and give what's taken from them.
Webber is falling appart, Korver is on and off, I really picture a sluggish game here, with both teams under 96.

GL to you and to all

Excellent research Karlovie. I may take this total into consideration. Appreciate the insights. GL on your plays.
 
BossUp said:
I think it was end of last season where utah was home doggies to the suns and they came back from a large halftime defecit by pounding away the suns inside

Yup, thats very true Boss. Now, that game was in SLC. Thats where they have the crooked balls that are over inflated. That hurts teams like Phx. Well, I have noticed the new ball hurting Phx at times with jumpers. A lot of rim outs and what not.
 
Inspekdah said:
Seattle rolled in their as 8 point doggs last year in a must-win spot and this seems to be the same here... Phoenix never showed up and GS shot horrible. Kobe's missing defense hasn't been exposed but the range of SEA should finally slow down LAL. I'm playing just because I don't like losing twice on one team in a row and I'll fade em till I hit.

Seattle always play LA tough at Staples it seems. Ray Ray, Ridnour and Rashard Lewsi all should have big ball games:cheers:
 
nba injury reports

i know we all LOVE the injury reports in the NBA. when we think a player is playing, he sits and vice a versa. i read some reports that Kobe may actually suit up tonight. also heard one on the radio that he may play. just fyi. damn i hate that. keep doin your thing big al

E
 
So who gets the chick on the far right? Or was she too ugly to include in the discussion?
 
esco said:
i know we all LOVE the injury reports in the NBA. when we think a player is playing, he sits and vice a versa. i read some reports that Kobe may actually suit up tonight. also heard one on the radio that he may play. just fyi. damn i hate that. keep doin your thing big al

E

If Kobe plays esco, I will prolly play one more unit on the game. I hope he plays.

Injury reports have been weird so far this season. I mean Bibby playing in first regular season game...jeez
 
LMAO Alby....hahaha

I don't know if you know a guy named "Ragone15"....well thats his um...'girl'...(i.e. chicks with dicks)
 
i hope he does play too. maybe that line will go to seattle +5 or +6. then i will hit it hard!!
 
Going to hit up Miami again now that its down to 3.5 BAR? I love that game.
 
Back
Top