Friday NBA..Time to Step Up

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
33-27 +13.50 units(Lakers Pending Thursday)

The Cleveland Cavaliers head to the Meadowlands to face the New Jersey nets on Friday night. This will be the first "real" game with all the parts in place for Cleveland. Wednesday, Lebron came off the bench in his return to action and didn't look too rusty. Sideshow Bob got some action and was active as usual. They played a bad Indiana defense and were able to get out and get some points. Huges was brilliant from the floor shooting 13-17 in the double-digit victory.

A few weeks ago, Mr. James injured his finger in a game at Auburn Hills. Since that point, he has gained even more respect from myself as the front-runner for MVP this year. He exemplifies the "most valuable" part of the award. The team was simply awful while he was gone. They put up 29 second half points against the Stons. In the subsequent games they put up gargantuan numbers such as 82,70,79,86 and finally93 against the Bobcats. They have no identity without him. It shows. Just his threat back on Wednesday helped a guy like Huges get easier opportunities.

A lot of us railed on Cleveland in the off-season for not doing anything to improve. Their only improvments would be internally. Yes, Boston, Detroit and Orlndo to an extent have all improved. With that being said, Cleveland will still be in the hunt come playoff time. James is that good and they play excellent defense. No is a time for them to make a little run and get back into the thick of it.

The New Jersey Nets are doing what they have done for several years now. Underachieving. They have lost 4 straight and 6 of 8. They finished that West Coast trip so strong and since then have been iffy at best. They beat Philly in the overtime affair on a Saturday night and got trounced by Detroit the next night. Jason Kidds statements after the Detroit game were profound. I don't have the qoute available(been looking for 5 minutes), but I said it last week. Basically he knows that his team doesn't have it and won't have it even in the Eastern Confernce. Since then, he has had the migrain game and even though his season has been great the team is spiraling quickly. The only recent win was against...

you guessed it..

Cleveland..They won at the Q 100-79. Of course there was no LeBron James. J Picks has a great quote you guy will love and I am sure he will share it in his thread. Big revenge and statement game. Guys like LeBron James live for these games.

James and the Cavaliers will control this game from the start. New Jersey has no counter for him. The Cleveland confidence has to be on the rise with the whole team back and the big win on road the other night. New Jersey meanwhile has no identity and is falling apart. Shit, their best player in last years series is out in Sacto now. This will be a double-digit win and I put the max on it...

Cleveland -2 -110 5 units

Line opened PK at LVSC fwiw

And yes, some of the other games you guys have mentioned have my eye. I will work through those as we go through the Lakers game.

GL:tiphat:

A little worried if Gibson is out. Im not sure how the Cavs are gonna guard Kidd. I mean I know Boobie couldnt do it, but he could at least run the offense. My guess is Lebron will play point and they'll let Hughes play the 2.

A little worried if Gibson is out. Im not sure how the Cavs are gonna guard Kidd. I mean I know Boobie couldnt do it, but he could at least run the offense. My guess is Lebron will play point and they'll let Hughes play the 2.

I would rather that to be honest.

btw, looked in Covers Golf forum and your boy accventures is terribly upset you have been "let go"

Hes my boy, lives in St Simons, Ill probablly holla at him next time for the UGA/ UF game. A good dude to talk golf with.

I love being right....

Love the pick, thanks for opening up my eyes....

The gibson thing, if any of you have had your wisdom teeth taken out know that it can be painful for 2 maybe 3 days of course unless he has dry sockets.

You have to think this is a big time game, and he wants to play with his team.

I would venture to say he will play

I love this one. Had it marked since the Nets 20 point win @ CLE. Biggest play so far this season.

Was looking @ covers tonight before I left work, I noticed Dehoyas had a thread.

Guarenteed lock Mia/LAL ML parlay.....

nh, gg.

I saw he had like 5-6 threads on front page like yesterday or today. Nice guy, but maybe sniffed too much glue.

Gonan go stretch out for first bit of Lakers game..back later.

on this one BAR i remember the last time i took a big bet of yours and waited i got hosed by 1 point! not this time! GL to us!

I have the greek also but i have like 30 units pending with golf and nfl futures.

BAr did have some bigger bets last year in the playoffs . Game 3 of the suns series was one hmm

5 unit bet is consider a goy bet for you??...i was expecting something like 20 LOL
I bet on a 1-5 unit system. Now, once the season goes good I will increase my bets. At covers I would use dollars so it was easy to figure out. Last season I had a unit system in place for posting and went off that for year. So, as season went on, I was willing to risk more on bets because I was up a nice amount. This year I will simply re-evaluate my unit-size 3 times in regular season then reset for playoffs. That way a 5 unit play now equals out to say game 3 of playoffs last year..15 unit play..but in actuallity I liked play pretty much same but had more room to risk more. That has worked for me for several years so I stick to it for NBA.

I bet on a 1-5 unit system. Now, once the season goes good I will increase my bets. At covers I would use dollars so it was easy to figure out. Last season I had a unit system in place for posting and went off that for year. So, as season went on, I was willing to risk more on bets because I was up a nice amount. This year I will simply re-evaluate my unit-size 3 times in regular season then reset for playoffs. That way a 5 unit play now equals out to say game 3 of playoffs last year..15 unit play..but in actuallity I liked play pretty much same but had more room to risk more. That has worked for me for several years so I stick to it for NBA.

mmmk

thanks

ok 20 units it is

you are who we thought you are :36_11_6:

The GOY thing was not from B.A.R. I was the one that who modified his thread title for TNT

Yes, which is fine. This qualifies as the stereotypical GOY play in my mind. There could be 6-7 of these over course of year.

O/U # of additional views added by BAR adding the four words "Time to Step Up" in the thread title.

O1200 (-120)
U1200 (+100)

It's the little things that provide me with the most amusement in life.

Oh yeah, the play. If anybody cares, JPicks and I have been discussing and waiting for this exact game for 2 weeks. Actually meant to drop you a text about it BAR. Looks like I didn't have to. Equals biggest play of the season for me. Let's get this done.

O/U # of additional views added by BAR adding the four words "Time to Step Up" in the thread title.

O1200 (-120)
U1200 (+100)

It's the little things that provide me with the most amusement in life.

Oh yeah, the play. If anybody cares, JPicks and I have been discussing and waiting for this exact game for 2 weeks. Actually meant to drop you a text about it BAR. Looks like I didn't have to. Equals biggest play of the season for me. Let's get this done.

I already heard how much you guys love it. If I still had AIM this would be collabo-ish...no doubt..

In think the fact that 3 of the best situational cappers ever love it makes it a pretty solid play.

Plus..BDK gets sexy anytime a play involves "King James"

Yes, Killa looking for sympathy...lol

Its funny, cuz in my TNT Thursday thread I put I was on a road short-chalk huge..and was waiting for you to come out and "forewarn" but J Pm'ed me and told me how much you guys love it..and that made me feel even fuckin greater about the play.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ruckus- No, silly, that was opposite day! Read that entire thread, lol.

BAR- Yeah. Honestly I thought Jersey's loss to the Clipps would fuck us royally on the line. During this week, I was hoping for -2.5, but after Nets got beaten easily by Clipps, I figured a -4.5 was in the cards. Especially cuz Houston laid -4.5 and covered with ease. I have no idea why they made this line -2, but I'm right with you pounding it. I think it will be a replica of the Houston @ Nets game. Wire to wire lead. And if it is somehow close in the end, James will just drive to the basket and score or get fouled every time. The revival of L. Hughes' offensive game is a HUGE bonus for this game, totally unexpected when I circled the spot 2 weeks ago. I figure somewhere in the vicinity of 95-83 Cavs.

Last edited:
LMAO, the PM I just sent..said 97-82

Lne opened PK..and got pounded to 2 in Vegas..for obvious reasons

Imma forward you a PM..want your thoughts too since your online now

On it at 12.5, and on Cleveland -2, I wish you much luck. I really am struggling here with these tough losses, really need a good day. Thanks as always for the coattail.

'an_horse'

brewer/tru vs bar/steed +1.5

game to 11 and assuming god is god at basketball like he is arena football

brewer/tru vs bar/steed +1.5

game to 11 and assuming god is god at basketball like he is arena football
U picked Tru..your fucked..he'll be out after first 5 minutes too dehydrated to go much further...

I would have that line at -1 for SEMCON/C-bus

Back