Friday MLB Discussion

Why is the batting average of a team the barometer for being the "worst in the league in day games?" Maybe it's not, and the Cubs had the worst winning percentage in day games and were the worst, but do we have that info as well?

batting average is one factor.... just looking at winning percentage is silly... but i try my best to avoid playing sides in baseball

you have to incorporate everything together... if you want to look at pitching in day games then come to the conclusion, you can do that

I have watched the cubs for the past 2 seasons many times in friday day games and imo they just dont look as engaged in their at bats

might just be me

more likely scenario is that the players are looking forward to going out clubbing after the game

batting average is one factor.... but just looking at winning percentage is silly... but i try my best to avoid playing sides in baseball

you have to incorporate everything together... if you want to look at pitching in day games then come to the conclusion, you can do that

I have watched the cubs for the past 2 seasons many times in friday day games and imo they just dont look as engaged in their at bats

might just be me

Sure, winning percentage isn't everything either, but you made a statement they were the worst team in the league in day games. And then you posted their batting average as proof. Batting average would be pretty far down the list of things to look at to begin with, if we were judging who the best or worst team was.

Although in betting, winning percentage is what we're looking at along with money won/lost I'd imagine.

Sure, winning percentage isn't everything either, but you made a statement they were the worst team in the league in day games. And then you posted their batting average as proof.

Although in betting, winning percentage is what we're looking at along with money won/lost I'd imagine.

im not getting into this with you

good luck

im not getting into this with you

good luck

Why do you always do this? Getting into what? You made a statement that the Cubs were the worst team in the league in day games last year. Is it true? Didn't you just say you loved baseball because of facts and logic? And now we're throwing out opinions like they're facts and I'm starting something for asking a question as to how you came to that conclusion? Okay bub.

This is a baseball discussion forum, let's discuss it. Why were the Cubs the worst team in the league in day games last year?

He meant to say they were the worst at hitting safely when the sun is shining.

Why do you always do this? Getting into what? You made a statement that the Cubs were the worst team in the league in day games last year. Is it true? Didn't you just say you loved baseball because of facts and logic? And now we're throwing out opinions like they're facts and I'm starting something for asking a question as to how you came to that conclusion? Okay bub.

This is a baseball discussion forum, let's discuss it. Why were the Cubs the worst team in the league in day games last year?

I do this because you waste my time. That is putting it bluntly.

Everybody else got my point. Nothing against you.

You're correct it is a baseball forum. It's not a proofread everyone's posts and make corrections forum.

Wins/Losses are not what I look when capping. Too much goes into a mundane baseball season. I look for idiosyncrasies and spots where teams do not play as well as they normally do. And I bet 90-95% on totals/team totals.

Good luck.

I get your point, NBA. I thought the Cubs' BA during the day was interesting because it was, in fact, the worst in the league in that situation.

I do this because you waste my time. That is putting it bluntly.

Everybody else got my point. Nothing against you.

You're correct it is a baseball forum. It's not a proofread everyone's posts and make corrections forum.

Wins/Losses are not what I look when capping. Too much goes into a mundane baseball season. I look for idiosyncrasies and spots where teams do not play as well as they normally do. And I bet 90-95% on totals/team totals.

Good luck.

I don't think everyone else got your point though. Your point was the Cubs were the worst day team in the league. They weren't.

You both make good points. Their daytime BA is at least interesting (and they didn't hit much today). "Worst" was misleading in that context. Buzzing through, I took it as record. Which would have been a nice trick with the overall best record.

more likely scenario is that the players are looking forward to going out clubbing after the game

lol. dude, Arrieta has started 6 Saturday games at home, all day games, all second game of the series after playing a day game at home the day before. So there are six games that fit this situation you were asking about. The Cubs went 2-4 SU in those games with the opposing team scoring 5,0,6,6,5,0. I think that's reason enough to back the Rox tomorrow. And as it turns out, Saturday is the only day that Arrieta doesn't have a winning SU record since he's been with the Cubs. I'm probably going to play the ML as soon as I can get it, and then also hope a flat 3 comes out on the Rocks' team total I can back as well. The average line in those six Arrieta starts was -171 with a ROI of -38.4% so there's no way it makes sense to back the Cubs in that situation anyway.

The cubs are a very young team and they live in a very "happening" city... it's not really a joke when I said they are looking forward to going out at night... and when you're 8-1... those ridiculous fielding errors that happened today make some sense

lol. dude, Arrieta has started 6 Saturday games at home, all day games, all second game of the series after playing a day game at home the day before. So there are six games that fit this situation you were asking about. The Cubs went 2-4 SU in those games with the opposing team scoring 5,0,6,6,5,0. I think that's reason enough to back the Rox tomorrow. And as it turns out, Saturday is the only day that Arrieta doesn't have a winning SU record since he's been with the Cubs. I'm probably going to play the ML as soon as I can get it, and then also hope a flat 3 comes out on the Rocks' team total I can back as well. The average line in those six Arrieta starts was -171 with a ROI of -38.4% so there's no way it makes sense to back the Cubs in that situation anyway.

The cubs are a very young team and they live in a very "happening" city... it's not really a joke when I said they are looking forward to going out at night... and when you're 8-1... those ridiculous fielding errors that happened today make some sense

might be worth checking days of the week for day games, I know the Cubs were god awful on Sundays last year, they had the most strikeouts and worst average on Sundays and I always assumed it was exactly what you are saying. Sunday could skew their other day games though they were so bad.

might be worth checking days of the week for day games, I know the Cubs were god awful on Sundays last year, they had the most strikeouts and worst average on Sundays and I always assumed it was exactly what you are saying. Sunday could skew their other day games though they were so bad.

I thought you were extinct.

You both make good points. Their daytime BA is at least interesting (and they didn't hit much today). "Worst" was misleading in that context. Buzzing through, I took it as record. Which would have been a nice trick with the overall best record.

I'm just saying if I went into the NBA forum on a random night, and said that the Charlotte Hornets were the best team last year in weekend games, someone would call me out and ask what I was talking about. If I then posted that they shot the best from the FT line on weekend games, tuck would have posted their record within 5 seconds flat.

It just seems a pretty big leap that even if they were looking forward to going out tonight, that they would be making errors in the field because of it. Like they're out there daydreaming about Drake coming on in the club and popping a bottle and the next thing you know there's a ball coming at them.

If they were looking forward to going out, they'd want the game over as quick as possible, errors wouldn't help that cause.

I think we did get his point but thanks

What was his point?

Braves asked if it may have been skewed from the jump since they had the 3rd best record in baseball and it seemed odd they were the worst day team.

If they were looking forward to going out, they'd want the game over as quick as possible, errors wouldn't help that cause.

:rofl:

it's about not focusing... their minds are more on the weekend festivities, fucking broads, & getting shitfaced

I'm just saying if I went into the NBA forum on a random night, and said that the Charlotte Hornets were the best team last year in weekend games, someone would call me out and ask what I was talking about.

During the 2014 season the Hornets went 11-13 SU and 11-12-1 ATS in games over the weekend. They made 406 out of 555 free throws during those 24 games. What are you talking about?

*actually the Spurs had the best weekend record and also shot the best from the free throw line in that situation, so free throw percentage is actually a good indicator of "who was best" over the weekend in the NBA in the 2014 season

During the 2014 season the Hornets went 11-13 SU and 11-12-1 ATS in games over the weekend. They made 406 out of 555 free throws during those 24 games. What are you talking about?

*actually the Spurs had the best weekend record and also shot the best from the free throw line in that situation, so free throw percentage is actually a good indicator of "who was best" over the weekend in the NBA in the 2014 season

Even better.

A team that hit .232 in day games probably didn't win often enough to profit

I understand other years don't matter or whatever but many of us have been doing this for years so big picture is definitely important...I feel bad for anyone that was just betting on Cubs in day games last 19 years

CHICAGO CUBS are 784-817 (-147.4 Units) against the money line in day games since 1997.

There are so many other games this season, I'll just avoid all Cub day games and thank you for saving me $ in advance instead of picking a part your grammar or word usage.

Thanks and GL

This is the most intense discussion in the baseball forum since the dawn of CTG. The Cubs' day performance.

Kinda my point, there's too much going on especially when we're looking at a million things a day to care about grammatical correctness. One simple look at what was posted made it blatantly obvious that the fine people here could distinguish that it was sorted by batting average. I will at least assume we all could pick up on that pretty quickly and utilize that. I had to go back to read the post again to even see what the specific verbiage was regarding "worst". Skimming is important, don't know why the breakdown when it clouds what's really trying to get accomplished.

i cant double check everything i say when i have 15 minutes to research, post, and get my plays in.. yes i should have said they have the worst batting avg but i posted the charts... look at the info and make your own judgement and plays.. that is all

lareux is just a pain in the ass to most

and comparing baseball and basketball capping is hilarious in it of itself but that's a whole another discussion

I don't think it's a big deal, and Lar will tell you I don't defend him much, but a simple "Cubs don't hit in day games" would have been a better fit. My eyes glaze over when someone posts a table or a graph. I'm a verbal guy. I pretty much thought he meant the Cubs don't win day games at an alarming rate. (I still bet the Cubs -2.5 today. Sucker.)

Kinda my point, there's too much going on especially when we're looking at a million things a day to care about grammatical correctness. One simple look at what was posted made it blatantly obvious that the fine people here could distinguish that it was sorted by batting average. I will at least assume we all could pick up on that pretty quickly and utilize that. I had to go back to read the post again to even see what the specific verbiage was regarding "worst". Skimming is important, don't know why the breakdown when it clouds what's really trying to get accomplished.

KJ, the post about them being the worst day team in the league was made before any talk of batting average, or context at all was discussed. It was like the 6th or 7th post in the thread. What are you talking about?

FUCK!

Less than an hour apart. You're right as always, thanks for the help today Lareux. Going out.

I don't think it's a big deal, and Lar will tell you I don't defend him much, but a simple "Cubs don't hit in day games" would have been a better fit. My eyes glaze over when someone posts a table or a graph. I'm a verbal guy. I pretty much thought he meant the Cubs don't win day games at an alarming rate. (I still bet the Cubs -2.5 today. Sucker.)

Right, and I'd assume a lot of guys took it that way and double checked their record on their own (talk about wasting time). I realize now that nbafan doesn't bet sides but most people do, and their record is obviously something that is looked at first. It was an opinion posted as a fact. Sorry, but again if I do that in the nba forum the same thing happens.

I'm afraid to contribute stats (that can be useful or simply just ignored) to these threads because of this type of nonsense...anyways GL and have a nice night

Don't let his antics ruin your Friday night. It's like you get off to pissing off the board lol. I try my best to bring useful information to this site to allow others to make informative decisions on their plays. You sir, Lareux, are a nuisance.

Nba fan, what teams are looking to fuck broads tonight?
I may fade them

Back