Friday 'Fatboy just passed Cy Young for a record' Discussion

I wanted to fade Nelson, but he has absolutely owned the buccos this year;

[h=4]Year-by-Year:[/h]Click year to see all splits · SHARE using Permanent Link

[TABLE="class: stats_table"]
<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>[TR]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]I[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Year[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]W[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]L[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]<nobr style="vertical-align: inherit;">W-L%</nobr>[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]ERA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]G[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]GS[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]GF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]CG[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SHO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SV[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]IP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]R[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]ER[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]IBB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BK[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]WP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]WHIP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO/W[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR]
[TD="align: left"][/TD]
[TD="align: left"]2015[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].800[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.72[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]31.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]33[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]119[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.926[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.13[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

David price goes from 4 days rest 3.01 ERA to 5 days rest 5-0 1.76 ERA
Of course Toronto is one of the top teams in baseball off a day off
Oakland at Texas on Friday is a freak show the short version is Oakland is back on their death day 4-18 and is using a pitcher who is 4-11 last 15 on the road playing on 5 days rest 6.54 ERA at night 4.91 ERA who in Sept-Ocober has a record of 1-5 6.55 ERA at a park where he has a 5.16 ERA 2-1 result by the way facing a team that has been shut out twice and a pitcher Lewis with a 9-4 career record vs Oakland 3.08 ERA who is playing on 4 days rest with a current ERA on 4 of 6.98
Best guess is somehow Texas does win in a high scoring game

Oakland at Texas on Friday is a freak show the short version is Oakland is back on their death day 4-18 and is using a pitcher who is 4-11 last 15 on the road playing on 5 days rest 6.54 ERA at night 4.91 ERA who in Sept-Ocober has a record of 1-5 6.55 ERA at a park where he has a 5.16 ERA 2-1 result by the way facing a team that has been shut out twice and a pitcher Lewis with a 9-4 career record vs Oakland 3.08 ERA who is playing on 4 days rest with a current ERA on 4 of 6.98

the over in Tejas does loook enticing...road Jesse is way worse than home Jesse

On another topic Jared Weaver is currently something of a disaster this season who just happens to be playing on 5 days rest with no velocity and a ERA on 5 of 6.53 based on 30.1 innings. He is 3-7 in his last 10 starts and the Astro's have seen him 6 times in the last 2 years

looking at those numbers 9.5 seems like a gimme!
scary in a way.

One of the Angles I play is a quick turn around rematch betting the loser of the prior game as long as it's in a 3 week span. I'll take Verlander tonight against the Hot Indians. Thought I would get a better price but will take the +100. Still looking. How about those Braves man can they play baseball :) Tough time of year with Favorites in the division race and WC race are always shaded and it's tough to play the Dogs. Value is great but winning is better. Good Luck get the winners out there:cheers3:

On another topic Jared Weaver is currently something of a disaster this season who just happens to be playing on 5 days rest with no velocity and a ERA on 5 of 6.53 based on 30.1 innings. He is 3-7 in his last 10 starts and the Astro's have seen him 6 times in the last 2 years

I agree with almost everythign you say but this year Weaver has allowed just two runs on 12 hits over 15 innings against the Astros this season. The steam on Keuchel is understandable but Houston is 5-7 last 12 is the Division race starting to wear on Houston. Weaver has a complete game shutout against Houston this year although it was in May and Weaver hasn't pitched badly his last 3 outings (I Believe) at home and with Houston a young team and maybe feeling a little heat with there 28-40 road record and there Rookie of the year Favorite in a 0-11 slump. It's an interesting game. I think there's value in the price with the Angels tonight and will add them to my card as a Home Dog in the +137 range.

Just me who really like the Twins tonight? Santana has been great in his last two games and his season has basically just started.

I agree with almost everythign you say but this year Weaver has allowed just two runs on 12 hits over 15 innings against the Astros this season. The steam on Keuchel is understandable but Houston is 5-7 last 12 is the Division race starting to wear on Houston. Weaver has a complete game shutout against Houston this year although it was in May and Weaver hasn't pitched badly his last 3 outings (I Believe) at home and with Houston a young team and maybe feeling a little heat with there 28-40 road record and there Rookie of the year Favorite in a 0-11 slump. It's an interesting game. I think there's value in the price with the Angels tonight and will add them to my card as a Home Dog in the +137 range.

I always look at the ump before a bet. The record on 5 days sticks in my mind

Last edited:
Mentioned this in another thread. Nelson is 4 and 9 this year on 4 days rest with a ERA of 5.94 based on 89.1 innings
He did have a nice game on 4 at Pitt earlier this season bouncing off a bad game just like this spot.

I like the over in Pitt tonight. Gonzalez has been a nice over ump this year 1.48 whip on season. Nelson has been good vs. Pitt this year and good with Gonzalez as Gsro mentioned but L3 poor, road poor and on 4 days rest not so good. Morton always a ? mark to me, can be good or bad on any given night. Milwaukee really hitting the ball well over L10 games .305, 5.93 r/9 and 9-1 to the over.

Looks like I'm going to add a play on the Dodgers. Ray is 0-5 at home this year. Dodgers are 9-1 in their last 10 games against Arizona. Small sample size but Wood has good numbers against Arizona. Wood has been better on the road and at night. Dodgers Have already beat Ray twice this year. Dodgers are hot 13-3 L16.

Back