Friday Discussion Thread

They seriously have the cardinals -215? Lmfao. Who the fuck is making these lines? Tigers just took it to the Mets, they playing way better ball than the cards right now. This might be the most e of whack line I eever seen. SYesterdays close was pretty damn bad also! I don’t understand why they lining these losers like a good team? Don’t trust them to hit lhp, they havnt been doing that either. No reason Boyd can’t have a solid outing here, Montgomery might be able to keep it close but tigers will get some good swings on him and when it comes down to the pens it advantages tigers I believe. Yet cards are more than 2-1? Good luck laying that. Just play the tigers, no reason to be cute, they win this game at least half the time and we getting huge plus money!!

They seriously have the cardinals -215? Lmfao. Who the fuck is making these lines? Tigers just took it to the Mets, they playing way better ball than the cards right now. This might be the most e of whack line I eever seen. SYesterdays close was pretty damn bad also! I don’t understand why they lining these losers like a good team? Don’t trust them to hit lhp, they havnt been doing that either. No reason Boyd can’t have a solid outing here, Montgomery might be able to keep it close but tigers will get some good swings on him and when it comes down to the pens it advantages tigers I believe. Yet cards are more than 2-1? Good luck laying that. Just play the tigers, no reason to be cute, they win this game at least half the time and we getting huge plus money!!
agreed on the tigers. no clue why the cardinals are being priced the way they are, especially with how the tigers bats have been. montgomery has been impressive for sure, but that pen is atrocious at this point. it also seems that marmol doesn't really know what he's doing. the cards actually had a fighting chance at beating the angels yesterday but he left flaherty in way too long. with that many singles given up with no outs, why continue to keep letting him get hit? was he praying for a double play at some point? and then, to hopefully stop the bleeding, he sticks in that trash can, jake woodford. that kid blows. trend guy or not, here's a nice tidbit - cards are now 0-10 in openers this year. why go against it now?

agreed on the tigers. no clue why the cardinals are being priced the way they are, especially with how the tigers bats have been. montgomery has been impressive for sure, but that pen is atrocious at this point. it also seems that marmol doesn't really know what he's doing. the cards actually had a fighting chance at beating the angels yesterday but he left flaherty in way too long. with that many singles given up with no outs, why continue to keep letting him get hit? was he praying for a double play at some point? and then, to hopefully stop the bleeding, he sticks in that trash can, jake woodford. that kid blows. trend guy or not, here's a nice tidbit - cards are now 0-10 in openers this year. why go against it now?

Marmol is terrible, another garbage move by the front office. Fired Shildt cause he wasn’t gonna let the front office dictate what he did so a group of idiots hires a yes man, just what we needed someone to go along w all the stupidity in the front office!! Explain to me why these clowns sent Jordan walker down? He was one the few bright spots so let’s ruin him?!?!? Nothing they do makes any sense including coming into this year thinking they could count on this garbage pitvhing staff. They hang on to losers like Flaherty that have been good for 6 months his life but they can’t wait to ship out all our talented pitchers! Anyone who thought this team was winning the division coming into year wasn’t paying attention, the pitching is bad, I thought we be a lot more entertaining cause I thought the lineup looked pretty damn good, problem is teams havd figured out some the right handers look silly against sliders and teams are just abusing the lineup w one slider after another.

The worst thing isn’t just how bad cardinals playing but the fact they have pieces that need moved and should Command value we need in return but the moron who gonna be pulling the trigger or not on moves is a terrible evaluator of talent who has gotten bamboozled in every trade he makes! Smart teams gotta be licking their chops to trade w this idiot! He gets no credit for goldy or arenado trades as those were situations that allowed them to take advantage of teams w no leverage having to move guys., look at all his other trades and free agent signings, they been so bad he scared to trade!!

Im a big Zach wheeler fan, I expect he be solid but Red Sox are swinging the bats really well, they took apart jays pitching. I didn’t think Guasman had his best stuff yesterday but you still gotta give them credit. They averaged 8 runs a game over the 4 with jays who have a pretty good pitching staff! Sale has been up and down but his stuff seems ok, I don’t think Philly hitting like the 2 teams who he struggled with in balty and tampa, those were both road starts so I guess that concerns me. Philly pen has swing and miss but they havnt been getting great results. This line feels high to me. Sox been strange where they go on these 3-4 game runs then they go and get swept. This their longest win streak so maybe they come to Philly and get swept? Lol, I dunno but the price right to back them here imo,

I missed the start of cubs game but I hate those rematches of pitches b2b starts vs same team anyways. I’d think bout grabbing fish live down 1-0 if it a good price. Cubbies been finding ways to lose games lately.

My only concern w Senga is he hasn’t pitched in 9 days, for a guy who’s only real weakness is he appears to really struggle with command of the 4 seamer in particular that does scare me a bit, I had no clue where I could find data from his Japan league days to know how he has done with extended rest?? I assume he probably threw a pen session at some point but not sure that the same? Beats me it kinda no man’s land but I gotta keep playing him when his number 5.5 and facing teams who havnt seen him, the potential for lots of k’s is just too great not to make a play imo.

Greene basically a no brainer, 6.5 on him Is a auto play for me. Kid has a 16% swinging strike rate! Not like white Sox a great contact team, he has been going 5-6 innings most starts after issues in his 1st 2. I don’t recall what happened why he only went 3 innings against rays? Maybe there was a rain delay or something? He had been clean thru the 3 innings and only 47 pitches, rays starter only went 3 innings also so I’m assuming there was a rain delay? Anyways he has went 5-6 innings in 3 of 4 and it appeared he was on his way to doing so that start also, he goes 5+ here he shouldn’t have any problem fanning 7+!

Generally agree but Cards are 8th in ops vs lefties. If they can hit any guy it‘ll be a lefty

Generally agree but Cards are 8th in ops vs lefties. If they can hit any guy it‘ll be a lefty

I’ve recently watched a good lefty and a average lefty make them look stupid. They scored some meaningless runs yesterday so odds they score a whole lot today can’t be good. They might hit him, might not, there just no damn way they win this game over 60% the time, I don’t believe it. I think tigers can get 2-3 off Montgomery, long as Boyd don’t get killed and it close late I trust cards find a way to lose!

What I did play so far.

Bos ml
Det ml
Jays ml
Hou/seattle Ff u3.5

Greene ov6.5 k’s
Senga ov 5.5 k’s

Added:

Milw ml

Dunning ov 3.5 k’s

I dunno why Burnes hasn’t been his usual self, he hasn’t been awful just not dominant. I don’t see anything w his pitches to suggest there a problem, I think he will figure it out. His last 2 starts in San Fran he was dominant, if we get the Burnes he capable of being you won’t see this kinda price for him again!

Dunning kinda a weird case, he been pitching out the pen this year and his k’s are way down. His era been fantastic but it just unusual, when guys go to the pen they usually ramp up the power and get more k’s. My biggest concern here isn’t that, I assume he just more comfortable as a starter and I think will get back to his 10-11% swinging strike rate, the concern is I just don’t know how many pitches he capable of going tonight? He has piggy backed a couple of degrom injury starts and pitched 3-4 innings but most pitches he thrown been around 60. He probably only good for 80-85 tonight but if he pitches well he can get 4/5 innings out of that. He faced this laa squad 5x as a starter last year and he struck out 4+ in every one of them, several he fanned 7-8 guys, he more than capable so at the super low 3.5 number and only -105 I thought it was worth a play.

Added:

Milw ml

Dunning ov 3.5 k’s

I dunno why Burnes hasn’t been his usual self, he hasn’t been awful just not dominant. I don’t see anything w his pitches to suggest there a problem, I think he will figure it out. His last 2 starts in San Fran he was dominant, if we get the Burnes he capable of being you won’t see this kinda price for him again!

Dunning kinda a weird case, he been pitching out the pen this year and his k’s are way down. His era been fantastic but it just unusual, when guys go to the pen they usually ramp up the power and get more k’s. My biggest concern here isn’t that, I assume he just more comfortable as a starter and I think will get back to his 10-11% swinging strike rate, the concern is I just don’t know how many pitches he capable of going tonight? He has piggy backed a couple of degrom injury starts and pitched 3-4 innings but most pitches he thrown been around 60. He probably only good for 80-85 tonight but if he pitches well he can get 4/5 innings out of that. He faced this laa squad 5x as a starter last year and he struck out 4+ in every one of them, several he fanned 7-8 guys, he more than capable so at the super low 3.5 number and only -105 I thought it was worth a play.

I also wonder what Manaea's deal is, do you see any reason why he's having such a bad year? Bc I tend to go against Brewer lineup against lefties. I think Burnes is less worrisome also because he seems to be turning things around, looks like just his first couple starts were awful, but that feels like a while ago now.

I also wonder what Manaea's deal is, do you see any reason why he's having such a bad year? Bc I tend to go against Brewer lineup against lefties. I think Burnes is less worrisome also because he seems to be turning things around, looks like just his first couple starts were awful, but that feels like a while ago now.

I think Manaea just sucks honestly, lol. He all over the place, no control.

I don’t love milw vs lefties but figured Manaea will not only hand them a few but he prob won’t last more than 4 innings.

The worst thing isn’t just how bad cardinals playing but the fact they have pieces that need moved and should Command value we need in return but the moron who gonna be pulling the trigger or not on moves is a terrible evaluator of talent who has gotten bamboozled in every trade he makes! Smart teams gotta be licking their chops to trade w this idiot! He gets no credit for goldy or arenado trades as those were situations that allowed them to take advantage of teams w no leverage having to move guys., look at all his other trades and free agent signings, they been so bad he scared to trade!!
contreras to the outfield. lmao

contreras to the outfield. lmao

You notice they DH’ing him every day and sticking kitzner behind the plate? Weakening the lineup even more and probably why these clowns sent Walker down which I still am pissed about! At 1st I was excited to get a good offensive catcher but I wasn’t really aware of the the criticisms of his calling of games throughout his career. In spring training whenever this was brought up I couldn’t believe the standard answer given by cards, they basically said it was ok cause of pitchcon! So pitchers calling their own games? To a extent that ok but not really, our pitchers have enough issues without needing to know the scouting report on every hitter like yadi did! Not to mention most pitchers not as good evaluating themselves during a game as the catcher should be. So now we back to not having a good bat playing catcher, we didn’t need to pay what they paid Contreras for a fucjking DH! We got dudes who be much better served in that role. This whole thing is a total cluster fuck, if they had any damn sense they wouida traded for Murphy instead of letting a smart team like Braves do it!

Back