Friday almost September callups Discussion

Chase Anderson seems to be picking up a little in August
On 4 4-1 3.38 ERA
2-3 at home 4.37 ERA at home
MUCH better with Tuffy catching

You guys hate leans more than anything and it really makes no sense. The point is really to see differing opinions so thank you, will respond to you soon tuck

You guys hate leans more than anything and it really makes no sense. The point is really to see differing opinions so thank you, will respond to you soon tuck
If you really do not understand how biased you are with Pittsburgh or how silly it is to fire out endless early opinions without providing facts there is NO common ground

Jon Gray Very limited info. On his only road game 1.50 ERA 6 innings

If it truly is a 75 pitch limit that is a big problem because that means his bullpen is in there and they are bad. Axford has been better lately and Kahnle clearly wasn't the guy to close, which I think is a good sign for the 8th inning. Beyond those two, Betancourt has always been good to me and though I haven't watched much of him this year he's a guy I don't mind seeing in the game.

I haven't agreed with the prices PIT gets this year at home as they are always inflated and bigger than just that here. Gray has impressed a few people I respect, especially in that road start @NYM where his lead was blown, and I don't think it's that weird he'd get knocked around at Coors against a team that just saw him. PIT's lineup is relying on Kang as a power bat and that surprises me, Walker has been hitting too low in the order IMHO and Alvarez is worthless if he's not hitting HRs. He'll likely be in vs RHP, which also diminishes Cutch & Marte as well as Kang then mercer doesn't hit and Cervelli has great numbers this year but isn't a huge threat.

Then Liriano may have been unlucky as you've argued, but as a fantasy owner I think he's been pretty poor and wouldn't be shocked if he put up a 5ip 4r outing. That could be enough if Gray has his way early with a team who hasn't seen him, though obviously I feel like a loser if this turns into a bullpen game or goes to extras. That may tell you I prefer the 1st 5 line, which could be a good idea if the prices are similar. It would take the COL late inning pen out of the equation (though it wouldn't help us completely if the long guy enters in the 5th and blows it) and would limit the pitchcount risk though he may go a little longer after only 45 six days ago

Unless something has changed gray is on a 75 pitch count and also getting shut down for year after 20 more innings.

As for Pitt offense, mercer doesn't play, kang has hit rightys way better all year, and cutch and marte still hit just under 300 vs righty and cervelli crushes them.

Liriano throws a gem tonight

Unless something has changed gray is on a 75 pitch count and also getting shut down for year after 20 more innings.

As for Pitt offense, mercer doesn't play, kang has hit rightys way better all year, and cutch and marte still hit just under 300 vs righty and cervelli crushes them.

Liriano throws a gem tonight

Cervelli hits singles, wouldn't call that crushing. Also don't believe he'll keep it up. Cutch is an MVP candidate, Marte may be one before he's done playing. Not saying they're bad vs RHP, just saying they're scarier vs LHP.

Mercer has been hurt, but they want him to play so Kang can play 3B and a last-place team like COL shouldn't push Clint Hurdle into sacrificing defense to have Kang as SS and Ramirez at 3B like a playoff team could.

And while I don't mind the discussion, all I did was post I'm considering taking the odds on a price I think is too high. I'm not sure why people get in such a tizzy over that. It must be because a lot of you are new. Good for CTG, but this used to be a place where you could post thoughts and it wouldn't turn into covers (though I had a fine time there). All the new people don't get it and I think that's why there's so much arguing here nowadays.

Kumbaya people

Pirates five straight against rockies,Liranios run support is over 7!!. Past few games, he beat um earlier in year, Gray kid might be in over his head tonight lookout cookout..

Salazar on 5. Hus worst 3.86 ERA on a serious August roll
Improves at night. Likes Yan catching but a problem with Perez where he floats up to 4.19

Bauer in so my bet on the open is voided, think this may be worth it too

Hey is over 22 runs a solid bet for the series with Yankees this weekend? Even money, thoughts?

The simple reality is a major team wants to crush a very bad team. Not really something you need to talk about. Thinking Yanks rl. Perez on 5 .4.50. Tanaka over his career has been very good on 6+. His team is playing with desperation and Atlanta has won 1 game in their last 10.
Looking a little at Angels and Reds

That is what I see. Angels 8-3 after shutting a team out.
Cleveland is 5-10 after a day off and 16-28 vs lefty pitching and really not very good in first game of series

Zuino out could produce an over tonight in WS game. On a short sample the only catcher that Waker could deal with. More neither pitcher looks good

It has been a little argumentative here lately. Can we "all" agree to be cordial towards each other for the next couple of days?

If we disagree on something can we try not to have a pissing match about it???

. Look I'm not trying to pussify this discussion thread but at the same time we don't need feel timid to where we dont want to post something. Also there has been too much animosity here, we all have the same goal and that is to profit with baseball. We're all baseball junkies who bet this shit on a daily basis, how can we not get along?

gwarner and I have been discussing bases together for over 6 years, we have much different personalities and approaches when it comes to baseball but that shouldn't mean losing respect for one another. I am willing to squash the beef him and I have been having and starting over and let's all do our best to be friendly and respectful to our fellow men here.

Just try it for a few days and see if you like the difference. This thread is important to me and I have been a huge part of it for a while and I will admit that some of my actions have caused turmoil, I am completely aware of my part and want to make it better.

Let's all start anew and turn this discussion forum into something GREAT. Baseball is a wonderful sport. My favorite. This thread is my favorite too.

Look at Cole Hamels. Last 20 at home. 12-8. 16 quality starts. Not really a game that interests me because of Baltimore desperation. Just a lot of noise on this game. At any point he can whip out a great game

Look at Cole Hamels. Last 20 at home. 12-8. 16 quality starts. Not really a game that interests me because of Baltimore desperation. Just a lot of noise on this game. At any point he can whip out a great game

Hamels is a great pitcher and PHI was definitely a tough place to pitch, but TEX is worse and doesn't have an automatic out at the end of the order. Doesn't exactly change the record because his opponent had to deal with it, too, but definitely the QS part

If I remember correctly from last year, Minny played well the last part of the year - headed up there Sept 15th for game against the Tigers - tickets are cheap and Marriott hotel for free so should be a good time - if anyone has some ideas on good restaurants to go to downtown, it would be much appreciated!

If I remember correctly from last year, Minny played well the last part of the year - headed up there Sept 15th for game against the Tigers - tickets are cheap and Marriott hotel for free so should be a good time - if anyone has some ideas on good restaurants to go to downtown, it would be much appreciated!

Ikes (good sandwich/burger joint), Crave, JD Hoyts (next to strip club if that helps), Firelake Grill (should be across the street from your hotel), Mission American Grill, 112 Eatery (fantastic).

There are also chains like Fogo de Chao, Mannys, Ruth's Chris if you like steak. lots of great restaurants downtown TBH.

Thanks P-Unit! Much appreciated. That Firelake Grill sounds real good and 112 Eatery! I will let you know how it turns out! Tickets are dirt cheap - I can get a foul ball in the earhole for not much money!

have fun man. not a bad seat in the house. Lots of good bars on 1st Avenue as well as Nicollet Mall between 8th street and 11th or 12th street. and those are both within a few blocks of your hotel.

Whoa. The Dodgers are 9-25 SU their L34 games against teams w/records 3 or more games over .500 - any chance the Cubs get swept for a 5 game losing streak?

Back