Friday 02/21/14 NBA discussion thread

Grew up on the north shore, lived a mile from Fenway for 15 years now live west..
We could go back and forth about games the one that always sticks out I was at the battle between Dominique and BirdLast row of the balcony with about 7,8 other guys..

that was one of the great battles….place must have been crazy

wow at detroit... any other day of the week i would have taken them... they have such a big advantage in the paint... they should not be losing, paaaaaaaaaaaaathetic

The Spurs close out their annual Rodeo Trip tonight in Phoenix. This year, the epic trip is nine games long; the Spurs are 7-1 so far.
The Spurs will continue to rest Tony Parker. Swingman Kawhi Leonard is out with a hand injury. Deep reserve Aron Baynes is out with a knee bruise. All the Suns’ regulars are available.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said sixth man Manu Ginobili also may sit out; this is a game-time decision. “He wants to play. We’re going to argue,” Popvich said.
The Spurs are 2-0 vs. the Suns this season. But in their first win, back on Nov. 6 in San Antonio, Suns’ fans got one of their first glimpses of a team that wouldn’t be one of the dregs of the NBA, as predicted. The Suns led 96-95 in the game’s final minute.
The Spurs rank No. 1 in the NBA in bench points (44.5 per game) while the Suns rank No. 6 (36.9).

LOL... chandler dunked the ball, it went thru the rim and hit the top of his head and bounced back out :rofl:

didnt count

LOL... chandler dunked the ball, it went thru the rim and hit the top of his head and bounced back out :rofl:

didnt count

Why didn't it count though? That happened to Rip Hamilton a few years ago, and the bucket counted. Once the ball is through the rim, it's a basket, so did it not fully clear the rim?

Shouldn't it only have to clear the rim? The net is meaningless, but I guess if that's the rule...

It's like golf, gotta hit the bottom of the cup, or the peach basket in this case...

It's like golf, gotta hit the bottom of the cup, or the peach basket in this case...

Unless the rule was changed and this source is outdated, this is what it says...

Rule 5, Section I-a of the NBA Official Rule Book states that,
A legal field goal or free throw attempt shall be scored when a live ball from the playing area enters the basket from above and remains in or passes through the net.

Maybe because the ball didn't "stay in" or "pass through" the netting, it was disallowed. I know that Rip's bucket counted when the same thing happened to him. Maybe they've tweaked the rule since he did it.

Maybe because the ball didn't "stay in" or "pass through" the netting, it was disallowed. I know that Rip's bucket counted when the same thing happened to him. Maybe they've tweaked the rule since he did it.

i didnt see the replay but maybe they decided the whole ball didnt pass through the rim... chandler's head could have been high up there? Regardless its done...

I don't remember Rip's, but the rules been there for a long long time. Gotta pass through the net. If you have one of those new stiff nets, or some crazy chain net in the hood, and the ball gets stuck in it, then it counts. But gotta pass through the net before reversing itself.

I love this Suns team as a local, how can you not but crazy how because they have no stars they have to account for at least 3-4 traveling calls every night that most teams wouldn't get.

It's fannnnnnnntastic

Be ecstatic to make it there

And a bunch of cap room and draft picks next year. This is gravy. Even if they don't make the playoffs, or lose in the 1st round, the experience and education about how these guys play together will be tremendous. Still don't know if Bledsoe fits in the future either. Just a ton of parts to play with.

I absolutely love this new GM from Boston.

Back