French Open Mens Semi Finals

UMiamiCapper

Pretty much a regular
Been thinking about these two match-ups all day and just can't come up with one good reason why the final will be Spain v Spain. I don't think these matches will even be worth watching as Nadal should handle Djokovic and I expect Ferrer to obliterate Tsonga.

I know JW gave it to Federer but Ferrer is playing out of his mind right now and I actually like him vs. Nadal in the final. I think he's the strongest player on clay right now ... so my plays for the morning rounds.

NADAL to win (-150) / $7,500 to win $5,000
FERRER to win (-140) / $7,000 to win $5,000

GL if you're on my side.

Nadal up a break in all four sets, only able to win two of them ... disappointed and amazed he's been unable to close this thing out. Time to sweat the 5th set / he does have the service advantage at least.

If he gets up another break (odds hit as low as .02) I would suggest picking up Novak @ 13.00 ...

Nah, Nadal is finished. He has his two match games on serve and blew them. He'll go down 6-2 in this last set and is already down a break. I didn't think this was going to go five sets, and it should have been over in 3, thus Novak has the huge conditioning edge in set 5.

Can't catch a break these days. Keep losing the heavy favorites when I'm way ahead. :(

It's not there my man ... Novak in the exact position Nadal was a set ago / clearing games with ease sadly. Need a little luck to grab a break.

Yes ... yes it is. All of the ups and downs have been sheer torture / but terrific tennis.

Now let's close this thing out!

grats man, helluva match

truly must watch tv and bringin home the bacon to boot!

don't know how i'm gonna get any work done today after watching that show

Was strange to see the end of this match wrap up ... both servers were holding easy until the last game. Very thankful this one ended on my side ... lucky too. I thought at 4-2 and a few blown break points Nadal had missed his chance. Whew, whew, whew.

Added another $2,900 to win $2,000 on Ferrer (-145).

Man that was awesome. We've been blessed the last 5 or so years with some truly epic tennis semi's/finals involving fed,nadal,joker.

Grats on the win um

Man that was awesome. We've been blessed the last 5 or so years with some truly epic tennis semi's/finals involving fed,nadal,joker.

Grats on the win um

Thanks and very much agree. It's been terrific for the sport to see such a high quality of play over the last many years ... and just as excellent is that the sport is not dominated by just one good player. Yes, the time of Federer is just about over but Federer, Nadal and Joker have just been terrific to watch and guys like Tsonga, Murray, Ferrer and Del Potro always keep the top guys on their toes. Comebacks of Robredo, Haas and always a 90 game match with Isner in there somewhere.

Never disappoints.

Nice going, UMC. Nadal is cash on clay. Just proved it yet again.

Heh ... I just can never bring myself to bet against him at the French (and have never lost when I have), but in all honest IF Ferrer get's through today and is given a +200 line or better for the final, I'm all over it. Nadal could have lost today and blew too many chances to close out. Even though Ferrer has never played well against him, I'd take the chance with a good line.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. First things first. All Spain final ...

fair to question how Nadal, as great as he is, responds on sunday after playing a championship caliber match today

I don't rate Ferrer mentally. I'd rather Tsonga made it, the crowd would be bananas for such a final. But I've no interest in betting that match, so that's just a personal wish.

I don't rate Ferrer mentally. I'd rather Tsonga made it, the crowd would be bananas for such a final. But I've no interest in betting that match, so that's just a personal wish.

I agree; in the past Ferrer has never showed up against Nadal, more mentally than anything else. But the dude is waxing Tsonga in the first set as expected and has obliterated everyone he's faced in this tournament so far. Even though past finals match-up's between the two have been dreadful to watch ... something different about David this tournament.

He's playing like a #1 to me, not giving his opponents a chance in any way. If he can continue this game against Tsonga, I can't wait to see how the oddsmakers set the final. They could take a bath if they're not careful.

Back