*** Free CTG Saratoga Race Course Handicapping Challenge picks thread ***

ya your records show 25.40 - 6.00 plus 19.40. for the contest 23.40.

mine would be 6 - 6 even, for the contest 2.

so you are ahead 19.40 by normal scoring and 21.40 by p2 scoring .. which is why my original point is valid after all.

when you don't subtract the 2 bucks there is an advantage to people picking lower odds horses.

which is fine for a contest because we all know the rules ahead of time. I just wanted to be sure we were scoring it that way so I can adjust and pick more favorites.

ya your records show 25.40 - 6.00 plus 19.40. for the contest 23.40.

mine would be 6 - 6 even, for the contest 2.

so you are ahead 19.40 by normal scoring and 21.40 by p2 scoring .. which is why my original point is valid after all.

when you don't subtract the 2 bucks there is an advantage to people picking lower odds horses.

I just meant my real life bankroll VK.. Getting my ass kicked

which is fine for a contest because we all know the rules ahead of time. I just wanted to be sure we were scoring it that way so I can adjust and pick more favorites.

Agreed. Play was generous enough to set up and run the contest, so however he wants it is fine with me.

I just realized that I edited my post after winning, to make it easier for P2 to see what my winning pick paid. I was reading the rules and read that editing is an issue for obvious reasons. Immediately after making my selection, I made another post commenting on how I know my pick will win as it is Schrutes, 2nd choice and his first choice lost. This 2nd post that isn't edited and is still before post time should be enough to still make my selection legit, despite being "edited" post race to show the payout.

Will not make this mistake again. If anyone has issue with this please refer to my second post immediately following which also indicates my selection.

#1 ShoreRunner by a nose...took me 4 damn races to get a winner/// with an inquiry///... now I remember why I quit playing horses

Updated through 7/27

1. Play2win -$8

2. ProV1Colt -$8 (1 missed pick)
3. Lloyd Braun -$8
4. Dudleysdad +$34.40 1st
5. KJ -$8
6. Inspekdah -$8 (1 missed pick)
7. Oakas -$8
8. Paulie The Vig -$8 (2 missed picks)
9. Gandolf -$8
10. Schrute +$2.10 4th
11. Jab v2.0 $0.00 7th
12. Deadphish -$8 (4 missed picks)
13. YoungGun11 +$1.10 5th
14. Pepe2004sox +$0.60 6th
15. Takeit -$8 (1 missed pick)
16. Clowncar $0.00 7th
17. Bloodhound -$1.30 9th
18. Dollaz -$1.90 10th
19. blakwj20 -$8
20. Sportsjunkie721 -$8
21. CollegeKingRex -$8 (4 missed picks)
22. DaRaiders +$3.70 3rd
23. Nugzz +$28.20 2nd
24. Philadelphia Seamus -$8 (1 missed pick)
25. GameHunter -$8 (1 missed pick)

Dudley and Nugzz have their own race going, very impressive start by both..Nugzz winning 3 of first 4 days and Dudley winning in each of the first four days..keep up the good work fellas :shake:

Dudley and Nugzz, Congrats guys...dont know if yall are regular horse players are not but whatever ur doing, lets us all in on ur capping techniques when this is contest is over
Continued success

Dudley and Nugzz, Congrats guys...dont know if yall are regular horse players are not but whatever ur doing, lets us all in on ur capping techniques when this is contest is over
Continued success

Pure luck.. I'm negative every day overall so far.. My best picks keeping me alfoat

you two guys are killing it. nice work.

Thanks for the quick updates on scores so far p2w. This is one of my favorite contests ever run here.

Back