Free Agency and Trade Thread....

Missed Dalton to the Boys. Interesting.
I like it for them

Looks like he wants to settle in to a career backup role now though, cause Jacksonville would have made a ton more sense, for his future

Cowboys though are in win now, having a good backup so important

I like it for them

Looks like he wants to settle in to a career backup role now though, cause Jacksonville would have made a ton more sense, for his future

Cowboys though are in win now, having a good backup so important

you really think jags made more sense for his future? Sure he could have gotten a bigger deal (prob in 18-20mil range) but his career been over. He goes to boys and it win/win, either he holds a clipboard close to home for 3mil (great work if you can get it) and he still be in a position to find a better job next year. Or Dallas smartens up and takes away the redic offer Dak turning down, he holds out and Dalton all a sudden qb of a team he could put up monster numbers with and make the playoffs! Imo Dallas nuts to give Dak anywhere close to 30 mil when dalton not much if any a drop off imo. Or Dak does sign but gets hurt and dalton gets a chance to raise his stock like teddy b. He def made the right choice not goin to jags where he would then be damaged goods and never get another chance w a quality team!

you really think jags made more sense for his future? Sure he could have gotten a bigger deal (prob in 18-20mil range) but his career been over. He goes to boys and it win/win, either he holds a clipboard close to home for 3mil (great work if you can get it) and he still be in a position to find a better job next year. Or Dallas smartens up and takes away the redic offer Dak turning down, he holds out and Dalton all a sudden qb of a team he could put up monster numbers with and make the playoffs! Imo Dallas nuts to give Dak anywhere close to 30 mil when dalton not much if any a drop off imo. Or Dak does sign but gets hurt and dalton gets a chance to raise his stock like teddy b. He def made the right choice not goin to jags where he would then be damaged goods and never get another chance w a quality team!
If he wants to start in future he needs to play next year, maybe hes banking on dak holding out

But with jags he was getting pt, and you dont need to look great to turn that into $$$ and starting gigs, just look at Fitzpatrick or even foles

But if he wants to be a mentor type backup and make very good backup money, all power to him

Bill does it again, league announces the punishments about the Cincinnati video recording crew

Bill let's schefty know he can drop this news

It actually wouldn’t surprise me to see Stidham start week 1.

I wonder if anyone is offering a prop on that. +200 or so?
Have never seen a first week starter prop but it's interesting

I could see them starting stidham and using cam a bunch as well

Seems like a very bellichek thing to do

Pff has him rated elite

Good deal for both sides imo just due to their differences in where they are in terms of contending

Seattle gets its new legion of boom, top 2 secondary in the league now imo, if Dunbar avoids lockup maybe 1, they really need to resign Clowney now, hope they dont tho and raiders do. But they are in win now mode with russ

Jets get two picks likely in the 20s and a 3rd, which they need for the rebuild, maybe be able to package them and move up for fields or lance too

Pff has him rated elite

Good deal for both sides imo just due to their differences in where they are in terms of contending

Seattle gets its new legion of boom, top 2 secondary in the league now imo, if Dunbar avoids lockup maybe 1, they really need to resign Clowney now, hope they dont tho and raiders do. But they are in win now mode with russ

Jets get two picks likely in the 20s and a 3rd, which they need for the rebuild, maybe be able to package them and move up for fields or lance too

Adams is not elite regardless of what the analytics say. His strength is stopping the run in a passing league. The only safeties that should get paid big money are guys like Ed Reed who was an interception machine.

As for where the picks end up who knows but Seattle is one Wilson injury from a pick being in the top 10 and even if it ends up in the 20s both years that is a great return on a non impact position like strong safety.

The Jets have their QB and have no use for Fields who is not nearly the talent that Darnold is. This is one of the best moves in the history of the Jets franchise. I would have been happy just letting Adams go in a few years without paying him superstar money but getting two first round picks is insane.

Adams is not elite regardless of what the analytics say. His strength is stopping the run in a passing league. The only safeties that should get paid big money are guys like Ed Reed who was an interception machine.

As for where the picks end up who knows but Seattle is one Wilson injury from a pick being in the top 10 and even if it ends up in the 20s both years that is a great return on a non impact position like strong safety.

The Jets have their QB and have no use for Fields who is not nearly the talent that Darnold is. This is one of the best moves in the history of the Jets franchise. I would have been happy just letting Adams go in a few years without paying him superstar money but getting two first round picks is insane.
I dont think hes gonna play free safety, barnwell had a really good article about him yesterday

His usage has been similar to kam chancellor, but hes better in coverage, so they likely use him all over the place, hes an elite pass rushing db too, an area where seattle has struggled. Big advantage having him vs sf too to cover deebo and kittle

No way to see how it turns out for a few years, but I think both teams are happy with it, we disagree on darnold but I hope he turns out good

It feels very odd to me

Very little line movement like we would normally see at this time of year too. Everything just sitting there like nothing is going on.

Maybe because normally we don't have basketball and and hockey playoffs at the start of an NFL season.

Fournette to bucs is a big deal imo

They move to a strength at rb now, two very different backs, Brady uses the backs so well and has always loved having a guy who can pound it between the tackles

Fournette is sneaky decent at catching the ball too, he's not cmc after the catch, but he can catch it

They move to a strength at rb now, two very different backs, Brady uses the backs so well and has always loved having a guy who can pound it between the tackles

Fournette is sneaky decent at catching the ball too, he's not cmc after the catch, but he can catch it
Yup, good move indeed.

Also on the raiders, pre season is very hard to judge, especially with no games

But the raiders draft class is making a big impact in camp

Even before Tyrell William's went on IR he had probably lost his starting job to Bryan Edwards, who is looking like a steal of a pick, he and riggs will likely start, with renfrow in the slot, and obviously Walker at TE. Carr, has his first real deep threat since crabtree. The o line is one of the best 5 in the league, so there's no reason this shouldn't be a top 8 offense

On defense, damon arnette has been the real noticeable surprise, they got a bit of criticism with picking him at 19, but the Ohio state people all said he was elite and he's shown it so far, rapaport had a story today he has a broken bone in his hand but the beat guys reported it a few days ago and he played all last year with a club, they cut prince when it became obvious he would be starting across from trayvon Mullen who was very good as a rookie, also getting back Jon abram, who had a monster week 1 last year but got injured and missed the season so in a way they are getting an extra 1st rounder coming into this year. It's a young but looks like it could be real talented secondary

Linebacker was the massive weakness last year but Littleton, kwiatkowski both free agent signings should make huge improvements, and the d line is gonna surprise a lot people this year imo

Talent is here for a top 15 unit, maybe top 10 by the end of the year as the younger guys hopefully improve, I think the o7.5 at plus money is good value

I say that with the belief though that the chargers will struggle a lot on offense, and I don't see Denver's winning more than 7 games

Very true. Two years ago he was not in shape. But last season he displayed this versatility. If he had a diligent offseason program he can certainly replicate last year‘s pass-catching prowess

Ya, kinda disappointed

I think with a normal offseason he maybe picks up the rb position better, but he had a horrible camp, couldn't pass protect at all the beat guys are saying, and no room for him at wr either with Edward's and riggs already 2 rookies, and renfrow as a slot guy, plus he prolly gets picked up on waivers if he goes to practice squad, so glad they at least got something

Just a bad year to be a project player

Some things I didn't think I about before, but saw it mentioned in cutdown projections, more teams gonna keep 3 QBs this year, which kinda went out of style, because of the covid quarantine if a qb gets injured

Bowden was also supposedly an issue in the room

From article on the athletic

HENDERSON, Nev. — In June, U.S. Marshals searched the Youngstown, Ohio, house of Lynn Bowden Jr.’s grandmother as he and others were handcuffed. The running back, recently drafted by the Raiders, was not arrested or charged with any crime. Agents did recover a number of assault weapons from the scene.

The Raiders were well aware of Bowden’s rough childhood in Youngstown, and that he had escaped what locals call “Murdertown” to star at Kentucky was seen as a badge and not a blemish. But people in the Raiders organization didn’t like that he was there the day of the raid, and they held their breaths.
Bowden really struggled at training camp, but that can’t be the whole story. And it isn’t.

Some at the team facility thought the rookie was more concerned with picking up new cars than the playbook, and on the field Bowden looked measured and not explosive. On top of a lack of breakaway speed, he was always getting blasted when it was his turn to pass block.

Back