*** Freak Pics!!! *** (Week 3a)

Jimmydafreak

Pretty much a regular
My Week 2 struggles continue to haunt me. I went 6 & 7 on regular plays, 0 & 2 on UDML, and 1 & 2 on "Best Bets" Despite the Week 2 carnage, I still had a chance to squeak out a small profit had Texas Tech won, but it was not to be.

Overall I am now 18 & 11 on regular plays (62.1 %), 4 & 3 (57.1%) Best Bets - which is really bad for me - and 0 & 2 on UDML plays.

A
t least I did hit my top play of South Florida, but missed badly on my #2 play in South Carolina. Also, I'm now 4 & 0 on Alabama game wagers, and I feel very confident I'll be 5 & 0 after this week. That's because Alabama -10.5 is my top play of the week.

I predicted in my week one thread that no one on Alabama's schedule will score 20 points on their defense this season. That prediction will get tested this week, but I think it will live to see another day.

Ole Miss comes into this game very banged up, and razor thin from a personnel standpoint. For that reason I will almost certainly be on Alabama 2nd half again. I think the final score in this one will look very similar to the Western Kentucky game. I'll call it 38-17 Alabama.

It wanted to get this out there early!

Alabama -10.5 @ Mississippi ** Best Bet **

peace.gif

Full Card:

Thursday & Friday Night Play:

I ordinarily don't tease college football, and when I do, I usually tease the underdog about 80% of the time. So this play is certainly a departure from what I normally do.

3-Team, 7-Point Teaser. Risking 5 units to win 6 units.

Houston -0.5/Baylor -24/Arizona State -12.5
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

Saturday Early Games:

Ohio +16.5 (1st Half) @ Tennessee
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

MTSU -6.5 @ Bowling Green
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

Miami @ Appalachian State UNDER 27 (1st Half) PUSH

Florida State -2.5 (2nd Half) @ Louisville
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

Akron @ Marshall OVER 30.5 -120 (2nd Half)
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

Saturday Afternoon Games:

Alabama -11 @ Mississippi ** Best Bet **
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

San Diego State -11 @ Northern Illinois ** Best Bet **
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

Pittsburgh +4.5 @ Oklahoma State
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

Alabama -7.5 (2nd Half) @ Mississippi
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

San Diego State -4.5 (2nd Half) @ Northern Illinois
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

Saturday Night Games:

Troy @ Southern Mississippi OVER 65.5 ** Best Bet **
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

South Alabama +3 @ Louisiana Lafayette
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

Georgia @ Missouri UNDER 28 (1st Half)
an_burningbag.gif
an_burningbag.gif

Mississippi State +14 @ LSU
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

Saturday Late Game:

Utah -13.5 @ San Jose State
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

Buffalo @ Nevada -11
moneybag.gif
moneybag.gif

peace.gif

Last edited:
totally get it, and oh btw if you get thoughts on tamu at auburn, i'd love to hear em. i've got it flipped and it's a public dog so i'm skittish.

GL. Agree, was able to grab -10 on Bama. Unlike teams like OU and MichSt, Bama actually steps up when they play a quality opponent.

Like the final prediction!! ROLLTIDE!!

totally get it, and oh btw if you get thoughts on tamu at auburn, i'd love to hear em. i've got it flipped and it's a public dog so i'm skittish.

I think this is a game to stay away from, as I don't think we can rely on the performance of either team at this point. I lean Aggies because I think their up-field pressure will cause Auburn's offense to revert back to what we saw against Clemson - probably not quite as dysfunctional though. I think John Chavis' strategy will be to beat up smallish Auburn QB Sean White. I think they will hit him early and often. I would not be shocked if one of Auburn's other QBs has to finish the game.

I thought I might be alone in really liking the UNDER in this game, but it seems many others, despite the high number plays that are likely to be run, favor the UNDER in this game as well. I was hoping for a number around 60, but I'll have to pass at 54.

Hey Jimmy, curious why you like Miss St. -14. I was looking to possibly play LSU in this spot as I see it as favorable to them, but you know the SEC way better than me so what did you see?

Adding:

Saturday Night Game:

Troy @ Southern Mississippi OVER 65.5 ** Best Bet **

Saturday Late Game:

Utah -13.5 @ San Jose State

peace.gif

Back