For All You Big XII Fans...A&M vs. Mizzou Discussion

Bedeviledegg

Right now the line is sitting at 2.5 on Pinny.

Mizzou is rolling, but their opponent's record: 12-24.
A&M is in a little turmoil, seems like some want Fran to lose so that they can get a new coach, and no one seems happy with the ugly way they have gotten to 5-1.

Is an A&M team that has had some close calls in its easy schedule going to lose at home to the Mizzou team that has creamed the creampuffs?

Discuss.

I'm on Mizzou. I think their momentum is real and the Aggie momentum is covering up a lot of problems with team chemistry, coaching, etc. I don't think College Station is as tough as it used to be on visiting teams. That Mizzou QB is the real deal and Mizzou has a balanced team. The Aggies QB McGee may be ready for a big game; which I thought would have been happening more often already this year. Because of that, and the A&M rushing game, I am not as heavily for Mizzou as my initial reaction, but still think Mizzou wins by 9.

Charley

I like Mizzou as well, but I'm not willing to play on them at A&M. I'll probably pass on this one . . . . . .

Yeah, I like how Mizzou has simply taken care of business. They seem to be a solid team. Beating Tech in Lubbock is HUGE in my book. I still get scared when Texas has to go there. And for those who talk about the turnovers that Tech gave away...someone had to be there to take advantage of them. Take away the two pick 6's and Mizzou still wins. They are rolling, and A&M seems to be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Bedeviledegg said:
Yeah, I like how Mizzou has simply taken care of business. They seem to be a solid team. Beating Tech in Lubbock is HUGE in my book. I still get scared when Texas has to go there. And for those who talk about the turnovers that Tech gave away...someone had to be there to take advantage of them. Take away the two pick 6's and Mizzou still wins. They are rolling, and A&M seems to be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The only thing about that game in Lubbock was that it was not so much Mizzou beating Tech as much as it was Tech beating Tech. I watched that whole game. Mizzou took advantage of the Tech turnovers, but they also let Tech drive and score at ease in the first half.

Tech did move the ball against Mizzou when it wasn't turning it over but lets not confuse the Tech offense for A&M's offense. A&M's pass defense is still as bad as ever but they were able to somewhat stay with Tech. Seems like Harrell has struggled running the offense though. Daniel has had no such struggles running the spread and I expect him to pick A&M apart. The only thing I'm apprehensive about is that its a home game for A&M. However, Mizzou went into Lubbock and came out with a big win so they've shown they can go into hostile environments. I'm on Mizzou but I'm not gonna call it a play of the week or a lock. Then again, I don't feel great about any of my plays this week.

Hmm, I was just looking at the A&M athletic site and clicked on buy tickets to see if the game against Mizzou is sold out. For quantity I put in 25, and it had no trouble filling my order.

I just get the feeling that this team has a funk it can't wash off until it gets rid of Fran. If Aggies weren't so pessimistic about their season, I think I would go with A&M on this one.

The seats are available because most fans are at home and recovering from the serious nut squeezing going on at the end of the last two A&M games

I'm sticking to my Mizzou bet, got them real early at a pickem and added some at -1.5

mizzou seems too easy, i would probably go the other way, although i think im gonna stay away from cfb....forever

just not interested in this sport

A&M's pass defense has improved quite a bit since last year. We're by no means great but we were like 116th in the nation last year. we almost beat ourselves in kansas. penalties, special teams mix ups etc. i know this is all part of the game but you dont want to count on this happening again at Kyle against Mizzou. i agree with what someone said earlier, that tech sort of beat themselves...5 or 6 turnovers right? i just think this is a risky risky bet that people are chalking up as a gimme. i think it will be very close. if it gets up to 4, im playin A&M moderately

I'm not sold on Missouri. Watched the Colorado game in its entirety, and wasn't overly impressed. Harrell simply gave the game to them this past weekend. Not touching the A&M game this weekend.

Warning, as a big Texas/Big XII fan, I have not touched an aTm game in two years, because they can literally lose to any team in the entire country and at the same time beat all but about 10 teams in the country. Good advice would be to always stay away from aTm bets.

I agree with Pluto...but i will go further in saying that we will win out the rest of the season!!! syke. i wish, but every yr is a let down for us.

Back