For a team playing for their season

very early...but this is more the Ducks i expect to see on any given nite.

for the 1st time this series, they don't strike me as playing scared.

Ducks sure are dominant on 3 out of 4 shifts right now...

NEver going to beat Giguere with nobody in front of him, and no tips. He is seeing everything

Not rooting for anything either way, I just want to see a good game from both sides...

Would like to see a Wings win for selfish reasons and being able to see all the finals games in my time zone, lol

your avatar is gonna hurt himself...

you're right though...
before tonight, the ducks only had one line truly working...the getz/perry line.

but a PP coming for DET. we'll see if that changes the tone...

Getzlaf is something else...

Good first for the Ducks, Wings going to have to change something for teh second no doubt.

Ducks getting all the matchups on every line they want, short change for the Wings in the next period they need to win to make it a game in the third

fuckign buzzing:wacka wacka:

now these are the Ducks. no idea why it took them so very long to show up. just glad they finally did.

Im looking for the Ducks / Wings to open up as a dog for the finals... think it will happen, small price most likely but a nice chance to hedge out for a profit after 1 or 2 games.

Given that the Sens number has dropped to -105 in places I've seen, Santa, I don't think you're way off looking for that value.

Go Ducks.

Yeah, West is guaranteed home ice... schedule is out earlier today

The National Hockey League released the schedule of dates for the 2007 Stanley Cup Final, which will begin Monday, May 28 in Anaheim or Detroit.
The Stanley Cup Final sees the Ottawa Senators, champions of the Eastern Conference, against the winner of the Western Conference Final between the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings. The Ducks hold a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series, with Game 6 tonight in Anaheim.
The Western Conference champion will have home-ice advantage in the Stanley Cup Final and will host Games 1, 2 and, if necessary, Games 5 and 7. The Senators will host Games 3, 4 and, if necessary, Game 6.
The start time for all Stanley Cup Final games will be 8pm et.

The start time for all Stanley Cup Final games will be 8pm et.

Awesome. So if the Ducks hold on, the start time out here will be 5:00 pm.

Rush hour. Genius.

hell, just keep your fingers crossed they dont cut out in an OT game... heard what happened the other day, thank you CBC

I'm sure it did. I'm almost completely convinced that this league is actually run by a chimp and they only employ Betman because the truth would freak people out.

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way, Santa. Maybe they really want the league to be a bottom-feeder. I suppose it really helps them keep the expectations nice and low.

Among other things.

I'll give him credit for doing some good things when he first came over and brought some NBA marketing to the game... but like baseball too much expansion has hurt, and the CBA was a mess and will take a while to recover... the CBA is an offseason topic, lol

Yeah, I'll give him some initial credit, but the money Gretzky brought into the league went to his head and over-expansion started the downfall.

Oh, and not for nothing, but that Detroit goal might end up killing that under for folks which would be a shame.

Hasek on his back again... LOL... The Wings are getting nothing going. Too many individual efforts... Where's the team?

tough loss on the under Joe, nice work with the Ducks plays though... looking forward to the finals, nice to see 2 teams who havent seen each other

Oh, I didn't play the under tonight, Santa. Thank the whatever Gods for keeping my betting digit away from that.

But I feel bad for those who did because this is like that 5-0 Wings win which shouldn't have been an over either. If Detroit doesn't get that meaningless one, this thing ends 3-0.

I'm not trying to knock the guys for trying to score, just saying their effort was far too little too late, so that when it went in it gave them false hope. Next thing you know, odd-man chance going the other way and that's all she wrote.

I'm very, very happy, though. Should this score hold I barely hedged off my series plays at all and still have the Sens at a good price for the Finals.

It feels a little bit like vindication for some of those awful bets I made early on.

Thanks. Yeah, it's funny because I said this same thing to BAR earlier. I almost never try to play unders in an elimination game. If anything I look for a reason to play them over for just this reason.

The Wings are lifeless for two periods and now they're swarming, not only scoring, but giving up goals just like any desperate team.

This really is one of those times I consider laying off almost like a win.

Now go end this thing, Anaheim.

I completely agree, what the hell was Hasek still doing in there. He should have been pulled with two or more minutes to go.

Great finish to this f**ker.

Great finish.

I feel for those who laid the PL. That's a tough beat.

Congrats, Ducks backers and fans.

Thank you, Gambling Gods for the series winner.

Agreed, totally idiotic to leave him in until the last minute... The Wings could've used the extra man on after the Ducks finally woke up.

Back