Fondybadger's Week 3 College Football Plays

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
Make sure you enter our free 5Dimes CFB contest http://www.cappingthegame.com/c_cfb2007_picks.php

Maybe I'll learn money management one of these days. Just want to thank Hawaii and Wisconsin for showing up in the 2nd half this weekend when I bet the house on both of them. I'll use this to update all my plays again...

2007 Season 95-85 -$4263
Week 1 23-14 +$677
Week 2 16-13 -$4220
Week 3 56-58-3 -$720

:smiley_acbe:

Last edited:
Thursday Night
After the cover I got from West Virginia last week it would be pretty hard not to take them this coming week, especially with how Maryland played this past week versus such inferior competition.
Lean: West Virginia -15.5 -110

One would expect a little let down early for TCU in their game against Air Force after playing Texas so strong in the first half. I think they'll wake up after the first drive or two and win the game by 20+
Strong Lean: TCU -8 -105

Friday Night
Hard to cap a game where Reid and Savage are both showing up on the injury list. Love fading teams like Troy in non conference games though.
Lean: Oklahoma State -10 -105

Leans going down the card (will highlight favorites)
Syracuse +12.5
Uconn -30.5
Virginia +3
PSU -33
Ole Miss +4.5
Auburn -13.5
Purdue -20
Miami +8.5
VaTech -18
Iowa -16
Toledo +22
Northern Illinois -14.5
Wake Forest -21.5
Florida -8
Notre Dame +9.5
Oklahoma -46.5
Oregon -16
Pittsburgh -8 (think low scoring)
Ohio State -3
Texas -19

Cal -33.5
UCLA -13
Navy -6.5
Indiana -11.5
East Carolina -1
Missouri -20.5
Washington State -26.5
Houston -14
Louisville -6.5
Arkansas +3.5
Boston College +7.5
Duke +15.5
Texas Tech -28
Nebraska +10
UTEP +6.5
Boise State -13.5
BYU -7
Hawaii -17.5
FSU -3.5
SDST +27.5
Arizona -10
Stanford -7.5
Florida Intl +32
Texas A&M -24
SMU +3
Minnesota -10
MTSU +41.5

Howard Schnellenberger won a national championship at Miami before Jimmy got there. He made Louisville relevant and built that program from the ground up. He has to be considered one of the great coaches in college football. It doesn’t take him years to build a program. He’s a no-excuse, get-it-done right now coach. FAU plays in the Sun Belt. Not a juggernaut of a conference, although Troy and MTSU could be considered up-and-comers. However, looking at their non-conference schedule should tell you all you need to know about the guy’s mind frame:

Minnesota
Kentucky
South Florida
Florida

The first game of the season FAU played Middle Tennessee St. and DOMINATED them 27-14, the defense giving up all 14 in the 4<SUP>th</SUP> quarter. This is the same MTSU that gave Louisville all they wanted last Thursday night. Although he’s not getting the blue-chippers Miami, Florida, FSU, South Florida or Central Florida might be getting, he’s still been able to tap into that deep Florida talent pool and has the horses to compete– if not win– now. This is just the third year FAU has played DI-A ball, so they are going to consider this game a HUGE statement game. Knowing Schnellenberger, he’s going to have that team ready to battle.

I’ll do some more research, but I believe FAU will torch Minnesota’s defense, especially that really suspect secondary of the Gophers.

GL Fondy, already locked in on TCU myself (as well as a couple of others). Seems like you are losing your larger bets but hitting damn near 60% of your games:(

Third tuff non-conference game in a row for Troy. Albeit it's at home this game, last year they played three tuff foes, Fla St,GT and then their third game got blasted 56-0 by Nebraska. With or without Reid I like the Cowboys -10

GL Fondy, already locked in on TCU myself (as well as a couple of others). Seems like you are losing your larger bets but hitting damn near 60% of your games:(

Flat betting this week. Lost like 3400 on wisky, 800 on hawaii, 600 on california... but i won a decent amount of $50 and $100 wagers...

GL Fondy, I've been through the exact same thing you're going through now. Anymore I just play 4-5 games a week for 1-2 units each. I'm actually betting more overall per week now, I'm just limiting the # of plays. I use to get sick with those 13-7 days and be down a bunch. :hang:

Not sure about that Friday night game....really cannot get a read on it....Might tail ya on it or look at the total...BOL this week

Flat betting this week....quote]

YOU DICK!!! There goes my fade system!!!!

:36_11_6:

GL, Chief. I'll be following THIS system very closely, as well...but you KNOW what's going to happen Sat. evening when you have a little too much drinky drinky in the system.......

Flat betting this week....quote]

YOU DICK!!! There goes my fade system!!!!

GL, Chief. I'll be following THIS system very closely, as well...but you KNOW what's going to happen Sat. evening when you have a little too much drinky drinky in the system.......

Why I should....

Anyways, I said I was flat betting... nothing was said about me flat betting the same team a few times ;)

I wasn't that drunk when I made the Hawaii or Wisky 2H bets last week... it was after I made them that I got smashed. I can say I'd have made either of the wagers sober, so definitely not blaming the alcohol on those losses.

Finally getting some time tonight to go back over the card and take a look at it. Some of the games I put in now may not be my "favorite" plays, but I want to get them before the lines change too much.

$150 Purdue -19.5 -110
$150 Iowa -17 -110
$150 Tennessee +8 -110
$150 Ohio State -3 -130
$150 UCLA -13.5 -110
$150 Alabama -3 -115 (Roll Tide...)
$150 Hawaii -17

If the -34.5 Wisconsin v Citadel line I've seen around ever becomes available to me, I'll pound it... for $150 that is ;)

Fondy- It's been a while big man. Have relocated to North FL, Tiger hater is still holding it down in SC. Just starting back in trying to "hurt the man".

Love the Iowa, Ohio State (hard for me to say), and Hawaii to bounce back big after a disappointing non-cover last week.

Cant bring myself to take Alabama for obvious reasons (hatred for Saben)
And a little biased on the FL/TN game. On all the radio shows around here Meyer is saying how he wants this game to show the SEC that Tebow is legit. But there D is so suspect..i'll be in Gville for the game, so we'll see!

Good to be back w/ all the degenerates..mom i'm finally home. lol

Fondy- It's been a while big man. Have relocated to North FL, Tiger hater is still holding it down in SC. Just starting back in trying to "hurt the man".

i'll be in Gville for the game, so we'll see!

Good to be back w/ all the degenerates..mom i'm finally home. lol

Good to see you around again. Hope everything has been going well over the last year. Make sure you check into our weekly contests and participate with those. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on Florida and Tenny after the game. If you talk to Tigerhater let him know I say hi.

Yeah i was looking at the weekly poker game. I'll do a little more looking into the site as i get back to my degenerate ways. Hope all is good in Wisky as i'm pulling against your Brewers. LOL, i'll give you a shout on AIM as well.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">WE LAID CASS "FADE" TO REST YESTERDAY......
HE DIED SATURDAY OF A HEAT ATTACK IN HIS SLEEP.
HE LOVED TO MAKE HIS PLAYS AND EARN THE RESPECT OF ALL THE GUYS ON THE FORUM...HE WAS THE SEC KING..
CASS WAS A TRUE FRIEND AND COMPANION TO ME IT WAS THE HARDEST THING I EVER HAD TO DO TO SAY GOOD BYE
TO HIM. A TRUE ALABAMA FAN THROUGH AND THROUGH
HE LOVED T-TOWN AND ALABAMA FOOTBALL. WE WENT TO THE HOME OPENER TOGETHER TAILGAITED WITH OUR TAILGATING TEAM "THE B.U.T.T. TEAM"...BAMA'S ULTIMATE TAILGATING TEAM. HE OF COURSE MADE SURE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME HE WAS ALWAYSE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY! PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REMEMBER FADE AND HIS FAMILY. THIS ONES
FOR YOU MY FRIEND:cheers:

CASS E. UNDERWOOD 6-27-60 9-8-07 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Truer words could not be spoken. He was one of the good guys. <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
I'm truly saddened by this piece of news. But I'm glad you let us know. Funny how the internet forums allow you to feel close to someone you never knew.
R.I.P. , Fade ( cass) just too too damn young

well my friend we see things a bit differently this week
maybe I need to rethink a few
with your stock pickin and my Money Management, we might do pretty well together
GL

I dont know what to say. A guy at work and I were throwing around games and we just couldnt get over the Arkansas Bama game.
Neither of us see Bama winning and getting a FG in a game like that means a decent bit. So it occurs to me that I havent seen FADE post much and I came tonight to see what the BAMA folks mainly FADE thought about it.
I agree with Bull I found it ironic as I was near tears when I read the news. I never met the guy in person but what a kind yet passionate BAMA fan that always had the right leans on SEC matchups.
I hope his family and friends can find a way to pick up the pieces.
I send them my prayers and condolences and I think we should all realize how little football and these other things we live for really mean.
RIP FADE er CASS you will be deeply missed.

$150 West Virginia -16.5 -110
Finally bit the bullet and played it. Maryland hasn't impressed me too much this year and even last week at home against a D2 or whatever it is they couldn't get the points. If and it may be a big if West Virginia comes out strong they should be able to easily cover this number. I was tempted to wait until halftime and see where the game went, but I can't do that now can I?

I believe you're on the only side to play...probably off it...until about 6:00 p.m. when I start getting the shakes and my head starts to hurt and that little voice in my head keeps badgering me AND WON'T SHUT UP...

I dont know what to say. A guy at work and I were throwing around games and we just couldnt get over the Arkansas Bama game.
Neither of us see Bama winning and getting a FG in a game like that means a decent bit. So it occurs to me that I havent seen FADE post much and I came tonight to see what the BAMA folks mainly FADE thought about it.
I agree with Bull I found it ironic as I was near tears when I read the news. I never met the guy in person but what a kind yet passionate BAMA fan that always had the right leans on SEC matchups.
I hope his family and friends can find a way to pick up the pieces.
I send them my prayers and condolences and I think we should all realize how little football and these other things we live for really mean.
RIP FADE er CASS you will be deeply missed.

:cheers:

Badger...glad I took a look at your picks. I would have never known about the loss. Sad, man...was this posted in the General Discussion Forum anywhere??? If it was, I completely miss it, and I will miss FADE's SEC insight. It's tough to lose anyone, and I'm sure he was a great guy to know personally. As a forum posting friend, I am saddened.

$150 Syracuse +11.5
$150 UNC -3
$150 psu -33.5
$150 Cincy -7
$150 Pitt +12.5
$150 Indy +14

everything is at -110, i'll be up in the morning, er afternoon

I have a day to sleep in and don't even get 6 hours of sleep... real nice

So lets chat about these games today. Need to do a bit better than last week.

Love the card...GL today Fondy!.....just do not change your avatar to the same one as hunt and BAR and it is all good

Fondy Gl today man. Hope you have a good week. Start pouding the brews. And enjoy the TV dinners tonight

After the Brewer game last night, not sure if I'm going to drink today or not. Need to get a lot of work done this weekend.

Haha come on now Fondy, everybody on this board knows thats not going to happen

Haha come on now Fondy, everybody on this board knows thats not going to happen

I have a Memo due Monday that's 20% of my grade in a class that I haven't started on (just got it Wednesday). So I need to get some of it done. You going anywhere to watch the Badger game today? Fucking Big 10 network need to head to a bar or something to watch it. May just swallow the bullet and listen to it on the radio.

Back