Fondybadger's MLB Playoff Thread

Haha, Sox got this in the bottom of the 9th

I can't believe this

Up 1,088 if the Rays win

Down 200 if the Rays lose

Just drove home from my friends after the top of the 7th when it was 7-0

Got home and have since had to watch all this, I was excited to go out tonight...if they lose I'm crawlin into bed for the weekend

Haha, Sox got this in the bottom of the 9th

I can't believe this

Up 1,088 if the Rays win

Down 200 if the Rays lose

Just drove home from my friends after the top of the 7th when it was 7-0

Got home and have since had to watch all this, I was excited to go out tonight...if they lose I'm crawlin into bed for the weekend

Yeah I just turned on the game when it was 7-0, 7-2 ish... Suffered through Ugly Betty w/ Shaker, watched the end of the football games, had Life on Mars on, and then flipped this shit on... Be up on playoffs if this hits by 2+ for TB, otherwise I'll be down about 1100... stressful, that's for sure

Goodnight Tampa....Bex shows up like Cy Young in Game 6 and Lester bounces back in Game 7...

Done with betting on baseball this year after this bullshit.

Another nice $840 swing tonight. I'm doing everything I can do to have fun wagering, but shit just isn't going my way to make it easy.

I'll be puking tomorrow morning that's for sure. Rest of this bottle of Capt. looking REALLY good right now. Have a Papa John's pizza in the fridge and an episode of Entourage to watch. (think positive, think positive)

Thanks Fondy. It was difficult to watch games 3, 4 and most of tonights game. Couldn't even lay money on them.

No...how does the normal bettor bounce back after that loss?

Really, at this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever bet again, and this is the first time in my life inside I know that's close to the truth

ive lost so many games like this, this isnt even on my top 10 list

i think im numb to it now

dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing

You've had similar loses to this? Please, in the ALCS...the most important game of a teams season/history?

This is not an easy loss to take..

Sad to say, but I agree... This one was pretty easy to take compared to some of these recently. Not numb enough right now, but I will be shortly.

from a gambling standpoint? its a bad loss, but it wasnt even the worst loss ive had this week

Eagles -3 first half vs SF

Up 17-9 with 4 seconds left in the half...line up for a field goal...it gets blocked and run back for a TD with no time left...worse gambling loss than this...

but from a team standpoint? yeah this is devastating for the Rays...I dont know if they come back from this

from a gambling standpoint? its a bad loss, but it wasnt even the worst loss ive had this week

Eagles -3 first half vs SF

Up 17-9 with 4 seconds left in the half...line up for a field goal...it gets blocked and run back for a TD with no time left...worse gambling loss than this...

but from a team standpoint? yeah this is devastating for the Rays...I dont know if they come back from this

Wow Smoke, I was at that game and the first thing that popped in my mind was how bad the 1H Eagles bettors got screwed.

tough loss, had the Rays too. Do the Rays now lose the series? Gotta feel that the momentum is on their side. (the Sox)

Im happy that a Johnny scored the winning run :)

tough loss, had the Rays too. Do the Rays now lose the series? Gotta feel that the momentum is on their side. (the Sox)

After Boston came back from 3-0 against the Yanks, not feeling confident w/ TB anymore at all... Probably not going to make another baseball wager until World Series start

After Boston came back from 3-0 against the Yanks, not feeling confident w/ TB anymore at all... Probably not going to make another baseball wager until World Series start

i still think shields closes it out in game 6

and this is coming from the fucking idiot who was holding a rays series ticket, and hedged after game 2 with the sox:hang:

i think that was the sox's last hurrah and they shot their load. they still have a lot of inconsistencies in the middle/bottom of their order, interested to see if the banged up JD drew will be able to go tomorrow, because thats a big lift

papi finally came through for the first time all postseason, but his bat speed is still subpar and is due for his normal, 3 popups and 1 K performance next game

this is a young team, but with a good manager behind them i dont see them getting complacent or having it affect them, let them win it in game 6 against an ailing beckett who they owned earlier this series, and with their ace big game james on the mound.
if beckett gets lit up and pulled early theyre done. delcarmen has been exposed he wont pitch another minute this series. masterson has gotten a LOT of action this series, so that leaves paul byrd, the gas can lopez, and papelbon.

tough loss last night man, lets get it back in game 6:popcorn:

Here is my question: What has Boston done (besides Game 1) to contain the offensive onslaught of the Rays? I seriously doubt Beckett will slow this Rays team down. Nobody expected the Rays to sweep Boston in Boston. Yes it was a terrible choke job last night but this team has bounced back all season even though this is the ALCS. TB's bullpen has been solid all year and they picked a bad time to blow the game. TB will be at home looking to close things out. Just because Boston had a break out game with the bats (except Game 2) doesn't mean that there offensive woes are gone. I would be very careful betting Boston in Game 6. With that said Shields is solid at home. Boston won't go away but TB should do just enough to win Game 6 and move on. Wish the TB ML wasn't so high (-143 as of right now).

Here is my question: What has Boston done (besides Game 1) to contain the offensive onslaught of the Rays? I seriously doubt Beckett will slow this Rays team down. Nobody expected the Rays to sweep Boston in Boston. Yes it was a terrible choke job last night but this team has bounced back all season even though this is the ALCS. TB's bullpen has been solid all year and they picked a bad time to blow the game. TB will be at home looking to close things out. Just because Boston had a break out game with the bats (except Game 2) doesn't mean that there offensive woes are gone. I would be very careful betting Boston in Game 6. With that said Shields is solid at home. Boston won't go away but TB should do just enough to win Game 6 and move on. Wish the TB ML wasn't so high (-143 as of right now).

Not to discount the statistics and the previous success of Tampa Bay hitters versus Boston, but how much of a mental "hit" will this loss take from Tampa? I do not think I have a good feel for how TB will respond emotionally. Having a seven run lead, with six outs to go to get into the World Series, and now having 40 hours to think about how close you were... I would have to feel that will be pretty tough. How they respond will show a lot about this young team and coaching staff. If I was supporting TB in game 6, I would be worried they may come out flat, with individual players trying to do too much, and not playing the great team ball they have been playing almost all season. While Beckett has not looked right, he has come up clutch in the postseason plenty of other times in the past. The value may be there on Boston, as much as I hate saying that with my series bet on TB.

Fondy, you do make a point, but I don't think Beckett is healthy enough to contain Tampa. That's the key in my opinion.

Fuck me. I hate that Ukalalei whatever his motherfucking name is on 3rd base. Looks like a wacko to me :36_11_6:

hahaha, had to respond to this. youk is the most intense player in the game. it could be 40 degrees out in boston and the guy will be wearing short sleeves, but yet he'll be sweating his ass off. this is the one guy you really want on your team. he takes every pitch really like it is his last.

i dont know why everyone is so against boston. i mean some people around here are dicks, but boston is a great city, really. i HATE the pats, have rooted against them long before brady. but is it jealousy that brings hate against boston? i dont mean to be smug or whatever, but ive rooted with my heart (and sometime it doesnt beat so well through all the tough games) for the sox and bruins since i was like 8 (15 years). and to hear people say they hate boston befuddles me. maybe i know where your coming from, cuz sometimes i actually hate boston fans too, but you cant deny that the fans around here are some of the best around, at least better than ny's.

tiger - I'd have to say Boston fans give the impression of being entitled. Add in the years and years of whining about the Yankees and their fans, and then Boston and their fans are even worse when they're starting to win.

was in boston during last year's ws for work.. was also in stl for their WS for work...

Boston fans are fucking annoying in comparison... im sorry. Anyways, sorry to intrude on your thread fondy.. gl tonight!

Back