FIBA WC Plays and Discussion

KJ

Bump. Set. Shuma!
No need to make my own thread, not sure how many will be up all night watching

So far have done well on the first session watching for the big dogs to keep it close (Finland and Mexico) and not so close (Lebanon) in the first just to get pulled away from later on. Went 3-0 fading them at HT, would have worked with Angola too but wasn't keen on the Italians without watching a second of it.

So far for the 2nd session this morning I have

Germany tt o95.5 -115 2*
Franz Wagner o16.5 pts -120

All games are on ESPN+ for the World Cup, guessing ESPN will show USA games.

There will be more plays, trying to get familiar with who's on which teams

Right now Dominican/Phillipeans are going with KAT (DR) and Jordan Clarkson (Phil) going at it and Germany/Japan just tipped.

Feel free to throw thoughts in, live betting aplenty with 4 games going at once each session!

Also noticed in the first session that rebounding was a less frequent stat than I was expecting. Lots of running and either made shots or turnovers. Worth keeping an eye on this Egypt/Lithuania game since Valanciunas will be such a huge advantage for Lithuania, on paper he should just clean glass all game in this one.

Just like soccer, we have 8 groups and top 2 in each group advance to knockout stage. The tiebreaker is point differential so don't be surprised when teams choose not to just take the air out the ball like NBA games. An extra bucket at the end could be the difference between advancing and going home. Likewise, probably won't see a bunch of emptying the benches for the same reason. 4 10-minute quarters can keep the dogs hanging around then blow the cover significantly in the last 5 minutes.

Trying to get DR at 2 or less live, might have gotten greedy and passed at -2.5

Had a decent morning on FIBA just taking some lines that were slow to move. Rough beat on Germany -19 though. Up 21 with under a minute and Japan hits a 3 and Germany turns it over and then gets one last shot and gets right to the rim and layup doesn't go down. Easy winner on Canada though

Love that Carlik Jones is the best player for South Sudan

Carlik Jones o17.5 pts -175 4*

Got down to 75.5 and stood my ground, sucks. Back up into the 80s now.

G2 and G3 in groups, I just want to bet on the best players on most of these teams.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Jordan) o17.5 pts -130 4*

Ant Man threes will be my biggest play of this tournament so far after he didn't make one against NZ, not sure how I'm playing it yet

Iran and Ivory Coast should light up the scoreboard. That's what tends to happen with two shitty teams in a group with Spain and Brazil...this is the one match that both teams get to have fun. I don't know anyone on either team but gonna guess someone is gonna score 25. No bets pregame but looking for value on over live. 146.5 is a low total for these games, not really sure that any kind of defense should be expected here.

Carlik over is in, guy is completely ball dominant in the last 5 minutes

Hollis Jefferson has 17 at halftime, just need a bucket for that one

Some really low hanging fruit with props in this competition for teams that have that one token guy

Good Lord that is exactly how two shitty teams can fuck up an over in the last 90 seconds of the half

Now gotta chase

2h Iran/Ivory Coast o74.5 -115 6*

Not even sure if anyone actually reads this but loving the next slate and gonna keep firing

Luka o29.5 pts is probably a lock but -140 no thanks, gonna take the guy I expect him to be dishing it off to a lot

Mike Tobey (Slovenia) o12.5 pts -115 5*

Going to lose 10 units on two shit teams unless this goes to OT

They can't make layups...hell they can't even dribble well

Easy to play on Bogdanovic in this next game but going a different route

My guy from ISU George Conditt played all 40 minutes in the win over South Sudan and put up a double double

Think it's more of the same here against the Serbs, very short number imo

Conditt (Puerto Rico) o12.5 pts -105 5*

Puerto Rico phillosophy

You got outscored 30-12 in the 2nd quarter but at least you put Conditt on the bench for 8 minutes so he wouldn't pick up his 3rd foul. Complete douche coaching.

Getting beat up pretty badly this morning. Writing was on the wall when the coach sat Conditt for 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter

Hope no one tailed those, it's much more difficult than expected to cap US players, figured Edwards would absolutely beast today but he didn't need to when they're up 20 all 2nd half. Figured Greeks would at least keep it in the fairway for most of the game.

Halftime

Canada ML -238 8*

Think it might be a blowout but not going to lay it just in case

Low hangin' fruit, won't get that again

Canada v US is gonna be must watch tv

Back