FedEx Playoffs: The Northern Trust

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, it is playoff time in this very odd PGA season.

The next three weeks should be a lot of fun...

Familiar course, which is nice.

Fatrick won here last year.

Lets have another good week capping...great job on golf this summer everyone!

Took last week off, which was a good thing because I’d never have been on the winner. Don’t confuse this Northern Trust with last years. It was played on a different course. Last guy to win at TPC Boston was Bryson in 2018.

Four bets in:

Reed 25-1
Finau 33-1
Hatton 70-1
Si Woo - 90-1

Hatton has a few bad putting weeks after he was like T10 in SGP for a month. This number is wrong it should be like 40-1. Just took the value. Same with Si Woo. Played it small of course but 90-1 for a guy playing as well as he has, with decent course history, is worth a stab, flyer.

Finau and Reed both are in great form and I played them a bit bigger. Both seem to step it up in big tourneys. Of course Finau never wins, and I have probably lost thousands betting him, but he looked to have turned the corner at the PGA and was in it until Collin took it.

That’s all for now.

Took last week off, which was a good thing because I’d never have been on the winner. Don’t confuse this Northern Trust with last years. It was played on a different course. Last guy to win at TPC Boston was Bryson in 2018.

Four bets in:

Reed 25-1
Finau 33-1
Hatton 70-1
Si Woo - 90-1

Hatton has a few bad putting weeks after he was like T10 in SGP for a month. This number is wrong it should be like 40-1. Just took the value. Same with Si Woo. Played it small of course but 90-1 for a guy playing as well as he has, with decent course history, is worth a stab, flyer.

Finau and Reed both are in great form and I played them a bit bigger. Both seem to step it up in big tourneys. Of course Finau never wins, and I have probably lost thousands betting him, but he looked to have turned the corner at the PGA and was in it until Collin took it.

That’s all for now.

I’ve got a weird feeling about Tony this week too.

Four bets in:

Reed 25-1
Finau 33-1
Hatton 70-1
Si Woo - 90-1

That’s all for now.

They played one of the playoff events at this course for like 8 or 9 years, should be plenty of useful course history to go through.

SGapp - BorB% - SG Off the Tee - Par 3 Eff 200-225 - Par 4 Eff 400-450 - Par 5 Eff 500-550 - SG Putting

1597781863446.png

It’s a lot harder to cap golf as much as I had been doing when all these other sports are on
In my experienc., when I add a second sport to my primary interest, it is harder no matter what the sport. Best examples I can come up with are the periodic tennis majors, which ‘conflict’ with NFL PLayoffs, golf , and baseball NCA A football as well

I love GOLF's Subpar | Ricky Barnes Interview: Playing the Masters with Tiger and Phil, Breaking into Augusta National, let's play it!

Some amazing ong stories here. A great listen. Ricky was a huge star a decade ago.

I love GOLF's Subpar | Ricky Barnes Interview: Playing the Masters with Tiger and Phil, Breaking into Augusta National, let's play it!

Some amazing ong stories here. A great listen. Ricky was a huge star a decade ago.

Huge star? I wouldn’t go that far.

Matchups:

Reed > Webb
Day > Webb
JT > Rory
Bryson > Rory
Grillo > Noren
Mori > X
Tiger > Fleetwood
Si Woo > Oosty
Palmer > Chez
Finau > Hideki
Berger > Koepka

Going with some Top 10 plays instead of outrights this week:

Wolff 600
Na 1800
Finau 285
Hatton 550
Im 600

Looking at ways to play Day also tho he will be super chalk in DFS. Same with Billy Ho.

DraftKings continues to offer minimal full tournament matchups. Would love to have that Tiger over Fleetwood

Huge star? I wouldn’t go that far.

Did you listen to the interview? Jay Z was calling him to come with him to open the 40/40 club. He was hanging with Jay/Beyonce and HS Lebron James.

He was the can't miss kid after winning the US Am.

Barnes was born in Stockton, California. He played college golf at the University of Arizona from 2000 to 2003.[2] During that time he was named the Pac-10 Freshman of the Year in 2000, Pac-10 Co-Player of the Year in 2001, second-team All-American in 2000 and 2001 and first-team All-American in 2003.

In 2002, he won the 102nd U.S. Amateur, defeating Hunter Mahan 2 & 1 in the final. Barnes and Mahan would share the 2003 Ben Hogan Award and would lead the United States to victory at the 2002 Eisenhower Trophy. In 2003 he was the low amateur at The Masters, where he finished 21st after outscoring his playing partner, Tiger Woods, by seven shots in the opening round.

He had huge endorsement deals. Was in ESPN's magazine Next. After netting low Am, he went on to the US Open as an amateur and made the cut there as well.

I am not saying he was a star on tour, but in the golf world prior to turning pro he definitely was.

Did you listen to the interview? Jay Z was calling him to come with him to open the 40/40 club. He was hanging with Jay/Beyonce and HS Lebron James.

He was the can't miss kid after winning the US Am.

Barnes was born in Stockton, California. He played college golf at the University of Arizona from 2000 to 2003.[2] During that time he was named the Pac-10 Freshman of the Year in 2000, Pac-10 Co-Player of the Year in 2001, second-team All-American in 2000 and 2001 and first-team All-American in 2003.

In 2002, he won the 102nd U.S. Amateur, defeating Hunter Mahan 2 & 1 in the final. Barnes and Mahan would share the 2003 Ben Hogan Award and would lead the United States to victory at the 2002 Eisenhower Trophy. In 2003 he was the low amateur at The Masters, where he finished 21st after outscoring his playing partner, Tiger Woods, by seven shots in the opening round.

He had huge endorsement deals. Was in ESPN's magazine Next. After netting low Am, he went on to the US Open as an amateur and made the cut there as well.

I am not saying he was a star on tour, but in the golf world prior to turning pro he definitely was.

Regardless of how you define star - it was a great listen. He talks about going out and getting hammered and then having to jump the fence and stumble down magnolia lane to get back into the crows nest since the gate was closed. I think Hovland, Wolff and Rahm were also amateur stars coming up before turning pro. Not sure any of them had the credentials that Ricky had.

My plays for Northern Trust

Day +1800 .5*
Day Top 10 +260 .5*
Woods Top 20 +200 .5*
Horschel Top 20 +250 .5*
Horschel -125 vs. Fowler .5*
Woods -120 vs. Fleetwood .5*
Day -111 vs. Simpson .5*

GL fellas:cheers3:
Good luck TH

I really didn’t find anything I’m in love with for R1 tomorrow. May sit out and root the full tournament guys tomorrow and reassess after I watch a round

Have had a pretty good run the last few weeks; hoping to continue.

Matchups
Hatton over Fitz (love this)
DeChambeau over Rahm

Players who should contend: Jday, Dechambeau, Matsuyama, Reed.

Good luck, all!

The Koepka scratch really messed up my card. I am not going to force plays... Plan to play some round match ups either saturday or sunday... Best of luck guys

The Koepka scratch really messed up my card. I am not going to force plays... Plan to play some round match ups either saturday or sunday... Best of luck guys
Good strategy. There's golf every week, no need to force plays just to have action.

Been away for a few days so couldn't put together many thoughts. I think the cream rises to the top this tourney. I was looking JT, Rory, Day (playing well), Bryson.

Yeah I hated going against Fleetwood in the matchups too....he can be so very good when on his game.

Capping for tomorrow and looking at strokes gained...Fleetwood didn’t play well AT ALL. Just putted really well. Lost Strokes:Tee to Green and on Approach. I still like my Tiger bet

Capping for tomorrow and looking at strokes gained...Fleetwood didn’t play well AT ALL. Just putted really well. Lost Strokes:Tee to Green and on Approach. I still like my Tiger bet

Is there a site that shows those stats during the tournament?

Didn't cap this week, and dont remember this course for some reason but it seems like its a ball strikers track. Interesting names at the top.

Bryson is really struggling.

Back