FedEx Playoffs: The Northern Trust

Fell asleep immediately after putting it in so didn’t get to post but took a shot on Kokrak +200 over Fleetwood and Cam Davis today.

Lean Doc -139 over Poston and Ortiz+180 over Thompson/Landry but haven’t pulled the trigger on either yet

Slow to the draw this week. Just getting around to looking.

Rnd 2:

Redman -130 over Poston

Jordan even money over Louis Oosthuizen

Fell asleep immediately after putting it in so didn’t get to post but took a shot on Kokrak +200 over Fleetwood and Cam Davis today.

Lean Doc -139 over Poston and Ortiz+180 over Thompson/Landry but haven’t pulled the trigger on either yet

I was about to lock in Kokrak +117 vs just Fleetwood but got greedy with the +200 against both, so of course Cam Davis is on fire again today

Saw that. Should be fun. Already dudes like Furyk, Vijay, Strick and Els over there. Depending on the course he could really take advantage with his distance.

I got Scotty to hotty in 10 of 20 lineups! ...of course mostly all of them have just 1 dud(bryson/sungjae/Burns) or possible dud (champ twice, Billy horsecock, Armour, redman, stuard)

How about that start by DJ? -6 thru 4.

I’m killing myself on this tournament. sat out R1 where my plays would’ve killed it - took Kokrak 3 ball instead of just over Fleetwood - and was going to add DJ +1400 this morning

Slow to the draw this week. Just getting around to looking.

Rnd 2:

Redman -130 over Poston

Jordan even money over Louis Oosthuizen
I'll give this an early O-fer.Jordan bogeyed 2nd hole, par 5

when does Tiger hang it up?
He shoots even par on a day when many are going low.
His iron play just doesn't seem to be there any more.
It's got to be killing him.

when does Tiger hang it up?
He shoots even par on a day when many are going low.
His iron play just doesn't seem to be there any more.
It's got to be killing him.
Iron play was amazing the last few years overall.

I thought he'd have a big summer after watching him in the match... different conditions obviously but he looked pretty crisp and ready.

4th round only match ups Northern Trust:

Harrington +190 vs Scott: both guys way down the list here but compelled to take almost 2-`1 vs a guy who seems to really be struggling with the putter and does not have much motivation to play well today...

Piercy +145 vs Rose: at this moment in time I think Piercy is the better ball striker and is putting well this week... Again I just don't see the case for Rose to be such a big fav in this spot...

Very tempted to play English at plus money vs DJ... No reason for DJ to keep the pedal to the metal when getting to the back 9... Fairways and greens should be all he is hoping for... I dont see DJ going lower than 67 and like English chances of going sub 67... I will see how the Harrington match is going before making this a play.

Good luck today guys

Cam Davis -143 over Danny Lee
Davis came out strong.

I took Lee at last minute, with no time to post. But, I lost too. While I was rooting for Lee all day when match was over I went to my account and had done the unforgivable and put in my bet incorrectly and had selected Cam. :beat:

Davis came out strong.

I took Lee at last minute, with no time to post. But, I lost too. While I was rooting for Lee all day when match was over I went to my account and had done the unforgivable and put in my bet incorrectly and had selected Cam. :beat:

Yeah Davis played awful after the hot start in R3

4th round only match ups Northern Trust:

Very tempted to play English at plus money vs DJ... No reason for DJ to keep the pedal to the metal when getting to the back 9... Fairways and greens should be all he is hoping for... I dont see DJ going lower than 67 and like English chances of going sub 67... I will see how the Harrington match is going before making this a play.

Good luck today guys
I considered this angle and it makes sense.

Playing Devil's advocate: DJ is playing damn near perfectly and there is little to no reason to think he will do anything but today. Hitting fairways and greens is a recipe for success and if DJ does this he too can/will shoot 67-68 at worse. If English is trying to win he may take risks and that puts him in danger of making a high number on a few holes. Lastly, English is probably secure in getting 2nd or 3rd if he simply hits fairways and greens and he could decide that being 5 shots behind he may play it conservatively himself.

Just a few thoughts.

Sometimes your grass, sometimes the lawnmower... I was definitely the latter of the two. Good call on DJ bones.... how long can he keep this level of golf going? I know it’s the wrong thread but Luka is a stone cold assassin... so impressive. Thank God sports are back! I pray the nfl can figure out a way to make this upcoming season a reality.

Looking forward to next week... great thread again guys thanks for all who are posting.

2-3-0 for me. I took Berger last moment yesterday at last moment @ -235 or so, he came thru.

Berger’s swing is a lot like Sergio’s, anybody else notice?

Back