February Pucks

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
Been getting killed (mainly other sports) lately so it's time to be a lot more selective. Im so much more successfull when selective, but then my confidence gets up and I start making big plays games that are really only leans.

Dallas at Colorado.

Dallas on its 3rd game in 4 days after splitting with Phoenix. Colorado on 4 in 6. Colorado is 3rd in the NHL in goals scored/60 on 5v5 with 2.9 goals per game. Dallas is averaging 1.6 goals per game in 5v5 situations. Colorado also has a 31-26 advantage in shots attempted per game. (5v5) Colorado giving up only 1.7 gs vs 2.0 for Dallas. Dallas facing 32 shots per game vs. 29 or Col.

Colorado has a huge advantage in 5v5 and are at home. No advantage for Dallas in rest. Colorado is awful on the power play, but Dallas has also struggled.

Colorado 2.7/2
Colorado -1.5 1/2.35

Also on Col. Hejduk plays his 1,000th career game tonight. Not the be all, end all, but I like these little motivational spots.

Leaning heavily toward the Ducks. Thoughts? They are @home, but 3rd game in 4. 3 in 5 for SJ, but they also have a game tomorrow night vs. Chicago. Any chance of a slight look ahead?

I don't like to see good cappers on Toronto. I have a heavy lean on Wash. Little bit of revenge and I don't expect another 8 power plays for Toronto. Wash playing a little bit better and I'm expecting them to improve as they get more comfortable with Oates. Line is a lot higher than I expected though.

Rangers.... have a gut feeling. But, Devils have been my kryptonite.

Thinking Ottawa is gonna be a play

I don't like to see good cappers on Toronto. I have a heavy lean on Wash. Little bit of revenge and I don't expect another 8 power plays for Toronto. Wash playing a little bit better and I'm expecting them to improve as they get more comfortable with Oates. Line is a lot higher than I expected though.

Rangers.... have a gut feeling. But, Devils have been my kryptonite.

Thinking Ottawa is gonna be a play

Toronto,Rangers and Ottawa for me

GL Dollaz

Pens/Islanders is very interesting. NYI penciled in between two Wash games. Pens probably have some revenge in mind. Lean Pens, but the situation scares me off.

Pens to get to 3 goals before islanders 1/1
Pens -1.5 1/1.9
Pens 2.8/2
Win/Fla o5.5 2.1/2
Ottawa -1.5 1/2.1
Ottawa/Caps/Pens/Kings 1/6.62

Ugh, way too many games again.

I agree with your pens play, dont really disagree with the others. do you push if neither get to 3?, and bol with all

Struggling to find a reason not to take Anaheim despite them coming off a couple nice wins and being on the road. Anyone?

the only one im looking at too... only minor red flag is Colorado can leave it all out there with 4 days off coming up

I really am thinking about Montreal. Read they've struggled on B2B and coming off Boston will be tough. One of my main capping tools is 5v5 play since majority of time is spent there. Mon is +0.9 Buffalo is -0.5. Buffalo at home. Both 4 in 6 situation. Heavy lean to Canadians, but may stay away. Under looks really solid though.

[TABLE="width: 641"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Montreal[/TD]
[TD]Under is 4-0-1 in Canadiens last 5 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 days situation.
Under is 5-0-1 in Canadiens last 6 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of less than .400.
Under is 8-1-1 in Canadiens last 10 games playing on 0 days rest.
<label id="bodyContentPlaceHolder_pageLoader_ctl07_noAwayTrends"></label>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Buffalo[/TD]
[TD]Over is 4-0 in Sabres last 4 vs. Northeast.
Sabres are 0-4 in their last 4 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
Over is 4-0 in Sabres last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
<label id="bodyContentPlaceHolder_pageLoader_ctl07_noHomeTrends"></label>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Head to Head[/TD]
[TD]Under is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings in Buffalo.
Canadiens are 2-8 in the last 10 meetings.
Under is 35-16-7 in the last 58 meetings. [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Islanders on my fade list, but I don't know that I'm willing to pay that price today.

Columbus is getting outshot by 10 shots per game (5v5). Only 3rd in 7 games for Calgary and Columbus. Kipersoff is out. Lean to Calgary still.

Car/Ott both are teams I'm looking to back right now. Lean Ottawa, but may not play. Ottawa has a revenge angle.

4 in 6 situations for Toronto while Winnipeg has played 1 game since the 1st. Got a heavy lean to Winnipeg.

First game back after 7 game roadie for Nashville. Initially thought Nashville, but may sit out.

Gut feeling on Minnesota, but prolly sit out.

Phoenix playing pretty well at home. Chicago 1 day removed from beating SJ. Motivational factor give Phoenix an edge. Books see same thing with short line. I'm probably going to be on Phoenix. (Yeah, fade the hottest team in the NHL angle, foolproof)

Love calgary today also,
Lean montreal but won't touch, that first period against boston had to be demoralizing, as they should have came out way ahead,
Agree with isles as well, but man the rangers are pissing me off,
Like minnesota, and Phoenix as well, do wish it was a little higher, but will still be on it
Not taking nashville yet, but may be on the under in that one

Chicago may be more worried about see where Torres is that playing the game. 1 disaster of a penalty and Pho could take advantage.

Good luck ScopeY

Rangers over 2.5 1.46/1. Rangers have ecplipsed this total vs. Islanders in last 9 meetings. Only 2 of 9 opponents of Islanders have scored less than 3.
Jets/Blues/Minn +1.5 1/2.64
Win/Tor over 5.5 1.2/1

Last edited:
Rangers over 2.5 1.46/1. Rangers have ecplipsed this total vs. Islanders in last 9 meetings. Only 2 of 9 opponents of Islanders have scored less than 3.
Jets/Blues/Minn +1.5 1/2.64
Win/Tor over 5.5 1.2/1

like the Rangers TT...adding it to my card

par looks good to

GL dollaz

I have Ducks rated as a top top team. Dallas is middle of the pack, imo. Dallas at home. Probably would typically pass, but may make a small play on Anaheim. Better team though I recognize it's not the greatest of spots. Hopefully the thought process is we need a win here with St Louis (tho strugglin) and Chicago on deck.

See a lot of great cappers on Tor. I disagree but Mont was Oly slight lean, enough to get me off play.

Buff/NYI o5.5. 2.5/2 Two worst teams in giving up goals 5v5.
Wash -1.5 1/2.25
wash/St Lou/Van 1/3.06
st Lou -1.5 1/1.65
min 1.25/1
Min -1.5 1/2.4

Fading Fla on the road.
Terrible spot for Anaheim
nash just had 1 home game after long road trip. Now they go out to Min tonight before coming home for Chi tomorrow. Think it's bad spot for them.

MOnday:

Philly @ Toronto. Flyers 1-8 in last 9 on the road (1-5 this year). Toronto 1-4 at home this year. Toronto slightly better 5v5. Philly slightly better on power play, Toronto better on penalty kill. Philly has given up 12 4v5 goals this year. Lean on Toronto, but probably not strong enough to play unless something catches my eye. Philly has won 5 straight vs. Toronto. Toronto 0.5 goal per game advantage in 1 period. Philly -0.33 1P. May look at Toronto 1P.

Car@NYI. Carolina is leading NHL in shots/60 (5v5). They are throwing 37 shots at the goal per game. NYI have the lowest save percentage in the NHL. Carolina team total at the very least. Maybe game total over. Lean slightly to Carolina.

SJ@Columbus. SJ 4 games without winning. Columbus played yesterday and lost despite a 40-14 shot advantage (I know, I was on Columbus). SJ PL possibly. Columbus is not good.

LA@Stl. Really like the Blues if Halak plays. BOth teams giving up a lot of goals.

Pho@Colorado. Aves well rested. Colorado's offense has been pathetic and their power play is worst in the NHL. This game probably screams lay off.

Min@Calgary. Min 0-3 away, Cal 1-3 home. Minn on the road averaging 23 shots per game and giving up 32. Scoring 2.25 and giving up 3.75. Calgary shooting 33 times and giving up 23 shots per game. Despite this, they've been outscored 4 to 2.8. Like Calgary in this spot, but I'm scared of the goaltending for Calgary. May Calgary team total.

Calgary goaltending and couple other injuries is what has me looking for Minn to get their first road win. Good info and BOL today Dollaz.

Carolina o2.5 team total 1.4/1
SJ -1.5 1/1.64
Car -1.5 1/2.5
Cal-1.5 1/2.6
Tor -1.5 1/2.46

Car@NJ. Last leg of 6 game roadie for Car. Also 4th game in 6. NJ in 4 in 6 situation as well. No way shape or form can I back Carolina tonight. Puck line is possible for NJ if I can get enough value.

NYR@Bos. Boston is simply better team, imo. Rangers 1-5 in last 6 road games. Rangers have played a little better 5v5, Neither team has done anything on the power play, but Boston's penalty kill has been excellent. Price is too high for me on Boston. PL or parlay (possibly with NJ) for me.

Buf@Ottawa. 4 in 6 for Buffalo. 4th straight home game for Ottawa, last 2 losses, previously beat Buffalo. Buffalo faced 81 shots over the weekend while registering only 41 themselves. Ottawa is getting shots on nets, they just arent converting. I'm sure they will put a ton of shots on the net tonight (talking about focusing on it), will Miller stand on head 3x in a row? Strong lean to Ottawa. Slight concern about revenge and Ottawas inability to convert.

Mon@TB. TB comes back home where they are 5-1. Montreal off thrashing at hands of Toronto. TB averaging 5 goals per game at home. TB PL is possible.

Wash@Fla. I have Florida as possibly worst team in hockey. But, they just lost 5-0 and don't have to think on it too long. Likely no play.

Philly@Win. Philly 1-6 on the road this year. BtB coming off a loss. Philly twice has been back to back. 6 goals in game vs. TB. 8 goals in game vs. Carolina. Leans to Philly and over.

SJ@Nashville. Probably most interesting spot for me. SJ on major losing streak and got throttled last night. They have Nashville, who they just lost to tonight. SJ has Chicago coming up in 3 days, but I can't imagine they are looking ahead to anyone. I typically get into trouble backing struggling teams expecting them to break out. Have no idea what happened to Sharks last night, only saw bits and pieces. Probably no play.

Ana@Chi. My favorite team to back on the year playing on the road against best team in NHL right now. 5v5. Anaheim scoring 3.3, giving up 1.8. Chicago 3.2/2.0. Insanely dumb to step in front of a moving train, but at that price, probably a play on Anaheim. Really like how they've played this year.

Dal@Edm. I cant get a feel for either team. Under?

Min@Van. Vancouver puckline is possible. DOn't like this Minnesota team on the road and they can't score. Not in love with Vancouver without Kessler though. More research is needed.

only real opposite thoughts on the Buffalo game... score some goals and then I'll think about Ottawa being a -135 plus fave...

gl tonight

GL Dollaz. One thing I would say about playing against Minny is that they seem to play a lot of 1 goal games and they are 8-2 last 10 games that have gone to SO (2-0 this year and looked very good in both). If you play Van, I would consider a regulation play to improve your odds (without laying -1.5) and take the SO out of the equation.

Thanks for the advice. I tend to play more puck lines, expecially with this crazy season. I will likely stick to it until I see it may be hurting me. I cant think of many puck lines where I've lost where the team won by a goal. When I've lost, the other team has won and I haven't lost any juice. Still kinda toying with the idea to be honest.

Im generally opposed to juice unless I really, really like a favorite.

NJ TT o2.5/Vancouver tto2.5 1/1.9
NY -1.5 1/1.8
Ottawa -1.5 1/2.1
Win/Phi o5.5 1.1/1

Probably adding Ana 1/1.4

My plan is to slow down on the parlays, haven't been hitting them. Have had success with puck lines. Small card, but going through now before Champions League

Back