February In-Game

HAA9kS4YOa.gif

Pyppurs, what have you and Toronto_Mike been up to?

One Canadian Soccer League player, who spoke to CBC News on the condition of anonymity, described how he was approached to fix a game outside a team dressing room.

"[The] guy called me over to the fence where the fans are and he's like, 'Wanna make some money?'"

The player said he has been repeatedly propositioned over the past couple seasons to fix games. "I get approached a lot and me, personally, I turn it down."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/09/12/soccer-fixing-canada.html

:thinking:

Are you kidding me ? Is the US match not even on a Spanish station here in the States ? It's really sad when ESPN broadcasts the Mexico National Team but not the USNT.

Yea but how many people actually get that network ?

I sure don't. And today's match is pretty damn important.

Jesus Christ they declared today a national holiday in Honduras for the match...but here in the States its only broadcast on a damn Al - Jazeera owned network.

I was pessimistic about our chances next summer, we got this in the bag if this is what Brazil has to offer

USA could be in trouble...4 years ago we got 10 points out of the 2 easy targets El Salvador and T&T. This time around the bottom feeders are Panama which shocked us in a 2-1 win on our soil a year and a half ago and a Jamaica squad which we have struggled with their pace in the last round.

US isn't gonna win that playoff vs a South American team if they end up 4th.

they just drew at home to a country that has a couple hundred thousand sober people in it at any given time.

Damn I watched the 2H...I had posted 2 years ago that Jamaica was my sleeper team to make the World Cup...I sure as hell hope it's not at our expense.

That team is freaking fast and on a couple occasions coming forward they were just blowing by Mexico's guys.

I'm terrified that we have to play this Jamaica squad twice and our last match will be a road game in Panama. At least Mexico won't run away from the field and be able to take the last game or two off just to screw up our chances.

Jamaica missed a couple of sitters in that game, and Ricketts made some big saves.

That second goal that USA gave up today was awful, bush league shit

Jamaica missed a couple of sitters in that game, and Ricketts made some big saves.

That second goal that USA gave up today was awful, bush league shit

I'm convinced that goal will be haunting.

Good news is that even if the US finishes 4th the playoff is against Oceania 1st place or basically New Zealand. Thank goodness cause no way we beat the 5th seed in South America in a playoff.

it could be

I figured going into this that USA was going lose 2, draw 2, and win 1 on the road, I just didn't think we would lose at Honduras, figured draw. we'll see, just put more pressure on them to win their games at home

on a side note, how tall was that grass they were playing on, 10 inches

Lol don't know as it was on damn BeIN so didn't get to watch and I didn't notice in highlights but I would suggest that when Jamaica visits we make them play us in a field of cornstalks.

Wouldn't hurt if Landon got his mind right and came back from sabbatical.

What was up with Jamaica's fans having to be pulled out of their seats early ?

yeah we need Landon, I think he will be in the mix here shortly

no idea what happen with jamaicans fans,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_IVkMkn6rFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a7ox7-npBvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

easiest way to play Champions League and still be in starting XI

#NUFC Team vs #Spurs : Krul; Debuchy, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Santon; Cabaye, Perch; Gutierrez, Sissoko, Marveaux, Cisse
#NUFC Subs :Harper, Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita, Tiote, Marveaux, Obertan, Shola Ameobi

#Spurs Team vs #NUFC : Lloris; Walker, Dawson (c), Caulker, Naughton; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Holtby, Bale; Dempsey
#Spurs Subs : Friedel, Vertonghen, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Adebayor

Back