Fantasy Football

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Late to the party this year, anyone familiar with FFPC?? Fantasy football player championships (i think), it's pretty much a condensed fantasy year (playoffs start 2 weeks earlier), and if you win the league, have the most points, or 1 other critieria, you move onto the sites championship rounds where you compete for big money (first place is 100K, depending on which of the 2 you enter). Going based off your avg points scored during regular season and how you do weeks 14/15/16.... and you're competing vs everyone else who won their leagues or hit the criteria to move on. Anyways, a colleague of mine turned me onto it (who has been doing it for years), and for those that love fantasy, it seems very cool

So ..... Basic 12 team leagues, dependent on starting roster spots, and obviously position, I think the idea this year is to get 2 to 3 rbs with your first 3 picks... I'll post some teams I've drafted in a bit, but IMO the cycle shifted a bit this year. I have one hedged league where I went wr, and actually don't hate it though. But the rounds 5-9 wrs are all serviceable and not much of a drop off when comparing the rounds 5-9 rb's to the top dogs.

Most of my leagues are QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex.

This draft was one of my earlier ones, obviously would have played some of those later guys differently, and relying on lewis to be a serviceable flex (which I think will be fine) 3 wr league too. Don't love this team

1.(6)Alvin Kamara
2.(19)Devonta Freeman
3.(30)Stefon Diggs (Min - WR)
4.(43)Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
5.(54)Dion Lewis (Ten - RB)
6.(67)Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
7.(78)Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
8.(91)Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
9.(102)Kenny Stills (Mia - WR)
10.(115)Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)
11.(126)Josh Doctson (Was - WR)
12.(139)Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)
13.(150)Nyheim Hines (Ind - RB)
14.(163)O.J. Howard (TB - TE)
15.(174)Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
16.(187)Brandon McManus (Den - K)

This was the heaviver WR one I mentioned, and I think it turned out fine actually. However, I am relying on 1 of those 3 rbs to serve as my flex (maybe i can trust coleman time to time) otherwise tis woods, or my 2nd Te, clay? idk.... I think the draft is fine, and only league i have both hopkins and watson... looks fun.

1.(9)DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
2.(16)Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
3.(33)Stefon Diggs (Min - WR)
4.(40)Royce Freeman (Den - RB)
5.(57)Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)
6.(64)Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
7.(81)Deshaun Watson (Hou - QB)
8.(88)Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
9.(105)Ronald Jones II (TB - RB)
10.(112)Patrick Mahomes II (KC - QB)
11.(129)George Kittle (SF - TE)
12.(136)Charles Clay (Buf - TE)
13.(153)Austin Ekeler (LAC - RB)
14.(160)Denver (Den - DEF)
15.(177)D'Onta Foreman (Hou - RB)
16.(184)Brandon McManus (Den - K)

Have had the 3rd pick a lottt, and side tangent, but my head says to take gurley first overall, heart says DJ, so actually don't hate the first pick, but would love to differentiate a bit.

I dont know how much I trust mckinnon, so atleast got 1 other back there (breida). But look at the wrs I snagged later, totally fine with hogan/edelman, and sanders (who may be a target machine), and robby anderson (a top 25 wr last year), are more than fine for me. overall I am happy here, qbs are solid, and relying on henry as my flex, and/or hogan/golladay by week 5.

1.(3)David Johnson (Ari - RB)
2.(22)Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
3.(27)Jerick McKinnon (SF - RB)
4.(46)Chris Hogan (NE - WR)
5.(51)Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)
6.(70)Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)
7.(75)Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)
8.(94)Julian Edelman (NE - WR)
9.(99)Kenny Golladay (Det - WR)
10.(118)Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
11.(123)Latavius Murray (Min - RB)
12.(142)Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR)
13.(147)Matt Breida (SF - RB)
14.(166)Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
15.(171)New Orleans (NO - DEF)
16.(190)Brandon McManus (Den - K)

So i'll preface by saying that there were a couple not fantasy people here for sure, as some picks were eye popping bad, but this team has championship caliber written on it to atleast start the season. I can't find a TRUE hole on this team, unless you want to talk TE.... which I actually like the 2 I have, and I know everyone knows of burton, and he's been rising up draft boards, but if this exKC coach uses him like he did kelce, he is in line for a huge ppr year.

1.(11)Leonard Fournette (Jax - RB)
2.(14)Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
3.(35)Jerick McKinnon (SF - RB)
4.(38)T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
5.(59)Chris Hogan (NE - WR)
6.(62)Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
7.(83)Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
8.(86)Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)
9.(107)Trey Burton (Chi - TE)
10.(110)Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
11.(131)George Kittle (SF - TE)
12.(134)Patrick Mahomes II (KC - QB)
13.(155)Rishard Matthews (Ten - WR)
14.(158)Corey Clement (Phi - RB
15.(179)Brandon McManus (Den - K)
16.(182)Carolina (Car - DEF)

so this is the only 14 team league i did this year, and we had 11th pick, shorter rosters than those mentioned above. If you like to wait on QBs (like most), stafford is someone I try to gun for. That guy just slings man. But anyways, look at how in a 14 team league, I was still able to get gordon/robinson.jeffrey later (only forced to start 2), after all are healthy, and hopefully not suspended, I'll be comfortable shufflign those 3.... and my 3 rbs can all start, and I have a top tier te.... phenomenal team imo...have to drop 1 for a defense though... and not sure who, might have to be mike williams by default, but I dont want too... and I am hoping peterson starts strong and maybe trade him and a wr for an improved one.

1.(13)Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
2.(16)Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
3.(41)Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
4.(44)Royce Freeman (Den - RB)
5.(69)Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
6.(72)Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
7.(97)Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
8.(100)Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
9.(125)Adrian Peterson (Was - RB)
10.(128)Patrick Mahomes II (KC - QB)
11.(153)Latavius Murray (Min - RB)
12.(156)Mike Williams (LAC - WR)
13.(181)Sebastian Janikowski (Sea - K).

If you guys want to see my FFPC lineups, I'll be happy to post, definitely a competitive draft experience, slightly different rules/rosters, and 20 round drafts. Willing to talk

Back