• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Euroleague Week 12

Basketbolists

Digs Euro Chicks
Have a new laptop, and have not transfered all the files from the old one yet, so cannot really tell by heart my record and lazy to look around the threads as well.

Anyway, new picks that I have taken so far and at least one of them is long gone already.

Partizan - Olimpija, Partizan -8.5, 6u, -110

All in all, Marko Milič is leaving Olimpija and is not going to play for them in this match and he has been captain, leader and the soul of the team and with this guy out - easy pick here. Partizan have beaten Olimpija 3 times already this season and most recently 2 weeks ago in league action with Milič in line for Olimpija in away match by double digits as well. Initially picked over on this game, but as the news came out - decided to fold that one there and traded off.

Pau Orthez - Napoli, over 149, 4u, -107

This is one of those mistakes that people have about Frenchies in basketball - that they are going to play really defensive, but looking at league action - not really the case there. Despite the fact that Napoli has scored on average just above 70 in away matches that might be pretty misleading as the only time they did not reach 70s was against Žalgiris where they play a bad game, but in rest they did, and the thing is that those rest 4 teams are Barcelona, Benetton, Aris, CSKA. Maybe Barca is not know as defensive monster but always tough to play against them in away matches, but if there is a team that can score 70 points on 3 top notch defenses in Europe and likes to play fast ball just like Pau Orthez can run - then over it is.

Unicaja - Panathinaikos, Unicaja +4, 4u, -106

Panathinaikos arrived late in the night before this match and they are playing for nothing as they have secured the first place in the group and they cannot improve their position for draw of Top 16 - they are in first basket already. Santiago might be out for Unicaja which might be pretty big blow here, yet the info in papers and info coming from inside the club differs here. All in all, Batiste is not playing for PAO and he has had amazing year so far. With Unicaja needing this win heavily and Panathinaikos playing for nothing - have to pick the strong home team here.

Fenerbahce - Winterthur FCB, Fenerbahce +3.5, 5.5u, -116

I kinda was leaning towards this pick for a while already, and was thinking about some 3u play on it. Barca play pretty weak in away games this season and are having great trouble in EL there. All in all with Fenerbahce fighting for that spot in Top 16 and Barca being in comfort zone I liked the home team here never the less. It is always tough to play in Turkey. To add to that - Kasun was known to be out as well, so they really had to look for some other guy in the paint as Vazquez, Marconato, Trias are not the most reliable and stable group of guys. And Fenerbahce has quite some front court to show. Yet, all of that might have been important for 3u play, but as news hit the floor that Juan Carlos Navarro did not travel with the team to Turkey, then I have to pick with higher stakes.

what does 6u, 4u or 5.5u mean

I know nothing @ this league, but u know your stuff.....by the way, u were freaking 22-8 before last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moondawg said:
what does 6u, 4u or 5.5u mean

I know nothing @ this league, but u know your stuff.....by the way, u were freaking 22-8 before last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the win/loss stuff as I have 25-10 now, but I guess, will have to look it up later in the evening.

Pau Orthez - Napoli 68-72 :down:

Very bad last Q by home team. only 9 points scored there by them.

Unicaja - Panathinaikos 67-61 money;

As predicted couple of PAO guys had limited minutes as well

Partizan - Olimpija 106-60 money;

Just pathetic performance by Olimpija without Milič

Back