Italy
France
Romania

Group D
Greece
Sweden
Spain
Russia

I mean look at Group C, it does not get any tougher than that. Netherlands and Romania are coming from the same group same goes with Italy and France. Should be a grudge match. Lets discuss!

Was hoping for germany or spain in group c and not romania lol.
Imo group a and b looks boring, group d got som good teams, and c looks crazy

Group A is the joke of the tournament really. I'm not impressed with the Czech's, they had an easy qualifying tournament. Portugal.....well i'm tired of them, such a boring team to watch. The Swiss have some really good youngsters though, they could be out to spoil the fun. Turkey.....that is one team you can never underestimate. Play like crap as a favorite, play very good as an underdog.

Group A is the joke of the tournament really. I'm not impressed with the Czech's, they had an easy qualifying tournament. Portugal.....well i'm tired of them, such a boring team to watch. The Swiss have some really good youngsters though, they could be out to spoil the fun. Turkey.....that is one team you can never underestimate. Play like crap as a favorite, play very good as an underdog.

Agreed with your assessment....don't understand the portuguese seem to always get a soft group when they don't deserve it. The GOD should be fun to watch, and it seems like Germany might have a good draw to get to the final.

Group A
Czech Republic
Portugal

Group B
Croatia
Germany

Group C
France
Italy

Group D
Spain
Russia

need to see Outright on my book!!

Group A
Czech Republic
Portugal

Group B
Croatia
Germany

Group C
France
Italy

Group D
Spain
Russia

need to see Outright on my book!!

hmmm your assesment tells me you are going with favorites....with Russia probably the only one that can be listed as a dog.

I really doubt that will happen. I think we will see more dark horses progress. I think Switzerland will some how gain passage just because...well they are part hosts.

Can't wait for the France v Holland match.

Two teams that usually play the game the rite way, unlike the Italians and Portugese.

I'm happy with the draw, moderately optimistic I'd say. Austria are superweak and we can cope with Poland, it will be anyone's game, very interesting to watch.

Germany can't say they'll beat us with ease either.

So anyways, I'm good with this.

They wont pick up a single point from that group.

i'm pretty sure that is what you said when Ghana was in the same group as the Czech's, Americans and Italians.

Don't count these Romanians out, they aren't filled with stars and just like the Greeks of 2004, this is a TEAM.

Greencastle, care to put money where your mouth is? :D

over 1 point (1 point = push)

let's make it a hundred (or two) since it's a friendly "beer" wager shall we. :P

That Group C is ridiculous.

I'm not convinced Italy can get out of there, although who ever knows if France is going to come to play.

There's not one Romanian player that would make it into France or Holland's U-15 side. And they don't have much international or champions league experience.

But hey, Romania does know how to produce some pretty nice adult entertainers.

There's not one Romanian player that would make it into France or Holland's U-15 side. And they don't have much international or champions league experience.

But hey, Romania does know how to produce some pretty nice adult entertainers.

That's funny, last time i check, the Croatians, the Czechs and Russians do not have much CL experience as well.

Oh wait, what about those Greeks? Hmmm I guess someone is just bitter England didn't make Euro 2008

Greencastle that's faltered logic right there.

One Michael Owen said not long ago not ONE Croatian player would make it to England's first 11.

What EXACTLY does that prove?

Oh right, that they lost only 2-5 on aggregate in two games.

You never said that about Ghana but the way you're thinking implies that you would have made a lot of wrong calls judged on that. How does Greece 2004 fit into your criteria?

Once again, I think this is a fair deal. After all we're not talking a lot of money. 100 Eur.

Romania over/under 1 point (1 point = push)

I take the over. Come on. It's the easiest 100 Eur you'll ever make, right?

Also, the loser opens a thread here on this subforum titled "I was wrong about Romania, ________ was right"

_______ = the name of the winner.

Will you rise to the occasion? or are you talk only? ;)

I guarantee

;)

That's funny, last time i check, the Croatians, the Czechs and Russians do not have much CL experience as well.

Oh wait, what about those Greeks? Hmmm I guess someone is just bitter England didn't make Euro 2008

Like CL experience is essential on big tournaments. It can come in handy but these individual player ratings are funny.

England national team has classy players but as a team they are weak. Years of mediocrity despite pounding their chest before every major tournament prove that.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have England on EC than Russia, but they didn't deserve it.

That "I'm above everything" attitude from a large chunk of fans and players is what cost them.

Owen was rite, not one Croatian player would make it into England's squad. But they lost because of poor coaching and tactics, not because they were the weaker nation.

Greece winning Euro 2004 was a huge upset, and shit like that happens sometimes, but usually the cream rises to the top. They weren't outplaying teams off the park, but they defended like animals and won it the ugly way.

And ya, some of the Romanian players have some champions league experience, but they haven't been in big-time semi, quarter and final matches, where the real moneys on the line.

just remember who invented the game.

england will be back, dont worry about that.

ummm who invented basketball? :36_11_6:

Yes Canada is such a force in the Basketball world, outside of Steve Nash who do we have? Oh frick Nash doesn't even want to represent Canada.

Owen was rite, not one Croatian player would make it into England's squad. But they lost because of poor coaching and tactics, not because they were the weaker nation.

Greece winning Euro 2004 was a huge upset, and shit like that happens sometimes, but usually the cream rises to the top. They weren't outplaying teams off the park, but they defended like animals and won it the ugly way.

And ya, some of the Romanian players have some champions league experience, but they haven't been in big-time semi, quarter and final matches, where the real moneys on the line.

You know what AMAZES me? That you consider England TEAM to be "the cream", while in reality they haven't shown up in semis let alone finals for ages.

Now they'll even miss out on the competition, same as 1994.

The cream which rises to the top is Germany, Italy and Brazil.

What have Argentina done since Maradona and Cannigia days? Not much. What have the Dutch done since Van Basten was playing and not coaching? Not that much.

What have England done...

since when was it, 1966?

Spain - same story.

Lack of cohesion buddy. You guys didn't step up for the national team. Spain has a different problem, they have Basque, Catalan, Spanish players, and it's tough to get them step up in such circumstances, but how about England?

Let's see. Gerrard is a match winner for Liverpool, but does not rise up to the occasion in the national team. Lampard = the same. Owen can't play 10 consecutive games without getting hurt. Your coach McClaren earns 15 times more Bilic makes in Croatia. Guess what. 2-5.

You brought this on yourself really, feel free to check back and see threads after our Wembley triumph. I never rubbed it into anyone's face.

But now you've shown your influence by the Sun, the News Of the World and hordes of English fans that think their team is God given.

Reality check. It isn't. I would be the FIRST to congratulate if you guys actually played that well, lived up to that enormous hype, but instead, you're underachieving constantly, AND demand respect while doing it.

You can't sit on both sides of the fence buddy. You're either this football force and you conquer Europe/World every once in a while, or you're overhyped.

You can't be both.

And you know what. Owen is not right actually, but let's say he is. What does that prove? That rating teams by that criteria is faltered logic right there.

Teams win competitions, not individual player ratings.

Liverpool is the most recent example as far as English teams go. You will hardly recall there were mediocre players such as Biscan, LeTallec, old Smicer, etc in that team, yet they still beat Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea and Milan.

It's a different story there. Your national team needs to step up, become a unit rather than a bunch of players. Until then I'm sorry to break the news - you're a mediocre side.

now how about that Romania bet? At least man up and say you refuse don't just ignore the posts.

If Romania make some noise this tournament, then I'll gladly say that I was wrong.

So shut the fuck up and lets see what happens this summer.

So now we're getting a bit jumpy huh? Can't you talk in a normal way?

I asked you about the bet, you tell me to STFU. Ok you don't want it. Fine.

Guess it's not a lock then after all. I'm ready to back my locks with 50 units (5 times more than my maximum bet).

That's what happens when I "guarantee" something.

4/4 so far in last 4 seasons.

Green,
If I were you, I'd really save your skin right now. Remember Liverpool/Tottenham? You said Tottenham were mentally weak and I disagreed. You then go on to bash me but in the end what was the result? Was it 2-2 I recall? You were than no where to be seen. At least have the balls to admit you were wrong, so how can we assume you aren't going to do the same thing here.

Your statements and logic are quite peculiar but thus it is your opinion. But for you to make concrete statements that tend to have false gaps? So the cream of the crop rises to the top and Greek's winning was a fluke? Funny, cause the Greeks are back in the competition not because they are champions but because they qualified fair and square.

I think all this negativity is from England not taking part. You should be happy, Croatia and Russia did them a favor, no doubt IMO that England will rebound from this but for you to say not a single croatian player could make the England squad? Hilarious, so Eduardo would not make it eh? Nor Vedran Corluka? or Niko Kranjcar?

Eduardo, IMO is a better forward than Michael Owen, Peter Crouch, Jermaine Defoe, Darren Bent, Ashley Young or Alan Smith.

I would be more than happy to partner Wayne Rooney and Eduardo together. Perhaps you must of watched another match when Eduardo tore that defense apart.

Get back to me when you got something smart to say

Spurs have proven time and time again that they are mentally weak, and if you cant see that, than there's not much I can say.

You guys are taking this shit a bit too seriously. But whatever, I see how it is.

Spurs have proven time and time again that they are mentally weak, and if you cant see that, than there's not much I can say.

You guys are taking this shit a bit too seriously. But whatever, I see how it is.

you still don't get it, you just can't admit when you make an error

And Eduardo's Brazilian not Croatian.

I can also say that all black players are from Africa.

Owen Hargreaves is Canadian

Hmmm I also do believe that majority of the French squad are not from France.

So what is your opint?

Eduardo found his home in Croatia, he flourished in the Croatian league and they welcomed him with open arms.

Greencastle,

so you're saying you don't mean what you say? We should take your posts as a joke perhaps?
Listen man, if you're not ACCOUNTABLE for what you say, then you're not much of a man. Regardless if we're talking forums and similar shit or real life.

Eduardo is of Brazilian heritage but he has lived in Croatia since he was 13. Speaks the language, lives here, pays taxes here, married a Croatian girl.

Well if Mark Viduka is an Aussie, then Eduardo is Croatian as far as his football career goes. I don't get the relevance of that anyways.

Owen said none of the players in the Croatian squad would make it to first 11 in England. And Eduardo is part of the team.

Michael Owen is pretty fortunate he is English because he'd probably not make it to most other international squads lol.

accountability??

I said spurs are mentally weak, and I stand by that.

I said romania wont get a single point of italy, france and holland, and I stand by that.

I don't see why there's so much crying and bitching going on??? You guys need to get your shit together.

accountability??

I said romania wont get a single point of italy, france and holland, and I stand by that.

I don't see why there's so much crying and bitching going on??? You guys need to get your shit together.

I think part of the problem is you make a statement that Romania will lose every game and you back it up with this stupid logic:

And FIFA is working on a new rule to prevent all these Brazilians from playing for other countries. We will see some new regulations put in place soon to solve this problem.

accountability??

Again I will state, where were you when they drew 2-2 with Liverpool? MIA

And FIFA is working on a new rule to prevent all these Brazilians from playing for other countries. We will see some new regulations put in place soon to solve this problem.

Good, maybe FIFA can work on a rule where English Premier League teams actually start fielding more British players than foreigners. Perhaps that's the problem why England is terrible as a unit, they are so use to play with foreigners they have no idea how to play with one another.

Lets see, teams that have had success in the last few years...what thing do they have in common? Oh that's right, majority of the players of the countries specific league is actually....from that country.

Getting a 2-2 result at anfield makes them mentally tough???

They've blown so many leads and let in so many soft goals man.

Good, maybe FIFA can work on a rule where English Premier League teams actually start fielding more British players than foreigners. Perhaps that's the problem why England is terrible as a unit, they are so use to play with foreigners they have no idea how to play with one another.

Lets see, teams that have had success in the last few years...what thing do they have in common? Oh that's right, majority of the players of the countries specific league is actually....from that country.

UEFA is looking into that as well, where teams would be required to field at least 4 players from their home country in each starting lineups.

And Im all for it.

Greencastle, maybe Owen Hargreaves shouldn't play for England then. Or Zidane shouldn't play for France, as he's Algerian really.

Eduardo is just a part of the team, we have qualified for ALL competitions since our independence sans the EC in 2000. For a country of 4 million, it's a solid result. And Eduardo is the first player of non Croatian heritage that has played for the team. And you're presenting it as the biggest reason for this?!

England hypes itself up as one of the football forces, but rarely lives to expectations, by results or the performance.

Also, the accountability part goes to admitting when you're wrong, and you didn't do that when Mike won the bet and you nearly flamed him how it would lose.

What can we expect then, when(if) Romania goes through or wins a game?

Another period of silence? Then what's the point in discussing? That's why I had suggested a wager which you ignored.

If you're calling a "guaranteed winner", then you should be held accountable for it. Simple as that. I never called anything a lock. And the very few times that I did, I had inside info on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back