ESPN Handicapper's Picks--Week 5

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Don't know what Joey and Jesse picked last week or this week. If anyone knows, please add

The BearWeek 5 (0-0) Season (4-7)
Oklahoma at Iowa_St – Iowa_St (+7)

Bear’s Bank Picks—Week 5 (3-0) Season (6-3)

Stanford Steve—Week 5 (0-0) Season (6-4) Best Bet (2-1
)
Memphis at SMU – SMU (+2.5) Best Bet
Oklahoma St at Kansas – Oklahoma_St (-21)
TCU at Texas – TCU (+13)

Bill Trocci—Week 5 (0-0) Season (7-7)

South Carolina (+18.5)
TCU (+13)
Alabama (-17)
Georgia (-6.5)
Oklahoma (-7)

Phil Steele--Week 5 (0-0) Season (5-6)

Scott Van Pelt—Week 5 (0-0) Season (5-4)

SMU +2.5
Vandy ++21
W Virginia +2.5
Texas A&M 17.5
Pro Picks
Dolphins +6.5
Raiders +3
Panthers +3.5

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
(didn’t see their picks in week 4)
Joey (22-5 last year) Week 5 (0-0) Season (2-0)
Okla/Iowa State over 63
V Tech -12.5
Jesse
(16-11 last year) Week 5 (0-0) Season (1-1)
Alabama -17
N Carolina -14.5

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five—Week 4 (0-0) Season (9-6)
Indianapolis at Chicago – Chicago (+2.5)
Cleveland at Dallas – Dallas (-5.5)
Seattle at Miami – Miami (+6)
LA Chargers at Tampa Bay – Tampa Bay (-7)
Buffalo at Las Vegas – Buffalo (-3)

My Picks—Week 5 (0-0) Season (4-7)
BYU/La Tech over 56
Bama -17
TCU +13
SMU +2x
K State -2x
W Virginia +2x
Florida -15
Coastal Carolina +3x
Strong lean to N Carolina and V Tech, but don't like laying points on the road even if they are restricting crowds. Might pull the trigger tomorrow

Last edited:
And I subscribe to ESPN+, Stanford Steve does not have TCU as a play (unless that's just from the podcast).

Bear has: WVU +3

Steve has: Bama -17, Okie Lite -21.5, SMU +3

Bonus

Bear's 10-pt 3-team teaser of the week: UNC -4, Pitt -4, AUB/UGA u54.5

Bear's ML parlay of the week: Cincy, Florida, UNC, Pitt, Clemson, UCF, Bama

Note: Stanford Steve and The Bear are not updated in original post up top.

In case somebody didn't read through the thread:

Stanford Steve add: Alabama -17

The Bear add: WVU +3

The Bear Bank Picks (will edit as he adds)

Texas
Duke

i heard him talk bout why he was gonna end up with Texas on his board On the podcast and wasn’t very convincing, sounded to me like it was pretty much just a fade of tcu being a popular dog. I need more than that, I mean honestly that the only thing I don’t like bout tcu and I’m not sure they all that popular overall, obviously they taking some money this week but think that money right here.

Added Florida -15. Not sure why this line is suddenly dropping, but I'll bite.

Just heard on the radio Cam Newton tested positive and is out on Sunday, but couldn't get a bet down. Guess my bookies heard the news before I did

That blows. I had already put pats+7 in contest im in. That totally fucked, what that line gonna be now 13? Maybe they cancel game? Find it hard to believe if he has it nobody else has been In contact with him. Nfl gonna start feeling the Rona bs, titans whole freaking team has it, now who knows what happens with pats. I don’t see how titans be ready by next week? When cardinals got it to that degree they didn’t play for like 18 days! Then when titans do play they screwed.

That blows. I had already put pats+7 in contest im in. That totally fucked, what that line gonna be now 13? Maybe they cancel game? Find it hard to believe if he has it nobody else has been In contact with him. Nfl gonna start feeling the Rona bs, titans whole freaking team has it, now who knows what happens with pats. I don’t see how titans be ready by next week? When cardinals got it to that degree they didn’t play for like 18 days! Then when titans do play they screwed.

thanks. That’s good for me, I’m assuming I’ll get another pick, or they might make it a push which would kinda suck but better than a loss. It really sucks for the league tho, as I was saying above it gonna be really tough if they end up with few teams like mlb had, you can do lot more things to make up baseball games. Not to mention this was the most attractive game in a not so pretty looking card. Blows

How the heck they think they gonna be able to play the pats game Monday or Tuesday? Same shit they thought with titans. Never gonna happen unless we dodge a bullet and Cam a false positive.

Back