ESPN Handicappers Picks--Week 4

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Phil Steele went 6-0 and Colin Cowherd 4-1, best week for either one in a long time. They have the best records of anyone at this point. Stanford Steve is not only having a bad year in his podcast picks, he is last of all the regulars on his picks on Daily Wager.

ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— 2-3 (5-9) 2020-21 Total (71-56)

(Best Bet 1-2)
Texas Tech +6x
James Madison +7
Arkansas +2
Kansas -7 Best Bet

Scott Van Pelt—4-4 (12-10) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

Virginia +10
Missouri +7
SMU +2
Texas Tech +7
Wash St +7
Arkansas St +5
Wisconsin +19
Kansas St +12x
Oregon St +6

The Bear—4-3 (8-6) 2020-21 Total (61-65)
(Bank Picks 6-3)

Ohio State -18x
Texas Tech +6x
N Mexico St +4x
N Illinois +26x
UConn +38x
Iowa -7x

Greg McElroy— 1-2 (5-4) 2021 (22-17)
Iowa state -2x
Oregon State +6x
Minnesota -3

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record
Lee— lose (1-2) 2021 Season 10-3-1
Desmond—lose (0-3) 2021 Season 9-5
Kirk——lose (2-1) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Reece——win (2-1) 2021 Season 9-5
David——win (3-0) 2021 Season 8-6

Other Pickers:
Phil Steele—6-0 (12-7 ) 2020-21 Total (78-87)

ULL -9
Utah State +3
Northern Iowa -13
Michigan -17
Indiana +17
Duke +7x

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— 4-1 (7-3) 2020-21 Total (66-77)

Adam Kramer—(22-10) lose

Georgia St +2 lose
Cincinnati -17
Oregon St +6x
Iowa St -2x
Texas/Texas Tech o 59x
Iowa/Rutgers o 34
N Mexico St -5
App State/JMU o 58
SMU +2x

My Picks—4-3 (8-9) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
Still can't get motivated to put in the time I usually do, but did put in a little more work last week and feel like I'm seeing things a little better, so increasing bets to 50% of normal, up from 10%. One pick at the open this week:
Minnesota +1
TCU ML
Arkansas +2x
Utah -14x
Oklahoma -12x
Oklahoma -13
Oklahoma -13 (-105)
NFL
Buffalo tt o 28x
49ers ML
Lean Arkansas, Oregon State (this would normally have been a bet at the open, but I’m a little leery of USC after watching them last week. They looked damn good, everyone is playing hard, and Williams has an 80% completion rate and is the best QB I've seen this year), Oklahoma, JMU, Washington St, TCU. Slight lean Texas, Tennessee (probably first half side and team total over), A Force, Coastal Carolina
Took Coastal Carolina, but couldn't get here in time to post it. Decided to pass on the App St/JMU game. Like everyone else on the planet I expect App State to come out flat, but I don't want to risk money on a team playing their first hard game in FBS and on the road to boot
Leaning to Boise State over

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—2-0-1 (6-2-1) 2021 (17-15)

Georgia/Kent St u 62
Oklahoma -12x
Washington 1st h -7x

Joe Fortenbaugh—1-2 (4-5) 2021 (25-33)
TCU -2
Duke +7x
Tenn/Fla o 62

Doug Kezirian—0-3 (2-7) 2021 (22-28)
USC team total o 37x
JMU 1st h +4
N Mex St -4x

Pamela Maldonado—4-1 (7-8) 2021 (17-23)

ML Dog Pickers:
Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-3) (1-8) 2021 (17-23)

Arkansas
Rutgers
Wash State

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (1-8) 2021 (16-23)
Wash State
Arizona
Rutgers

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) 3-6) 2021 (15-24)
Indiana
Rutgers
Duke

Bill Bender—(1-2) (4-5) 2021 (9-30)
Arkansas
Baylor
Duke

Last edited:
Usc offense like a damn college all star team, im not getting in their way! This will be a tough game, Nolan gonna have to pick up 3rd downs so beavers can keep the sticks moving and try to control game w their rushing attack. There no way I’m betting against usc getting less than a td, they just too damn high powered, so many ways they can beat you! Fresno put up almost 500 yards of offense on the beavers, not sure how they stop usc from hanging another 40 burger?

I been all bout ku as dogs but laying -7 to a duke team I think will prob score at will on them? Duke run d has actually been solid, they havnt had to contain a guy like Daniels yet but I def feel better than I would if they been getting run on by everyone! Ku coach doing a fantastic job and I love backing that offense as dogs, but that defense still way behind and could easily get them beat, this game feels like last team who has the ball wins. Gotta go against Steve, I already grabbed some Duke +7.5 earlier in week.

Like most your leans. No clue why arky dogs on a neutral field? Jmu gotta be live, how long can app st keep this shit up? Tcu stuck out to me also.

Im on wvu tonight, I don’t buy Vatech at all. I think wvu tight losses to pitt and ku more impressive than anything Hokies have done. This will easily be the best offense Hokies have seen, really the 1st one that even competent imo! I think their defense a bit fugazi at the moment. I have little doubt wvu will be able to score, then once Hokies need wells to throw he will do what he has done his whole career and throw it to the wrong team!!! This a tough venue on a weeknight for sure but I just don’t think Hokies can stop Daniels and the wvu offense, wvu defense been torched but they been facing way higher caliber offenses than they will see tonight.

Added a new picker. Adam Kramer of Bleacher Report. Don't know how good he is over a full season, but I've checked his results each week this season and the score he lists--22-10--is correct.

Adam Kramer—(22-10)
Georgia St +2
Cincinnati -17
Oregon St +6x
Iowa St -20x
Texas/Texas Tech o 59x
Iowa/Rutgers o 34
N Mexico St -5
App State/JMU o 58
SMU +2x

I been all bout ku as dogs but laying -7 to a duke team I think will prob score at will on them? Duke run d has actually been solid, they havnt had to contain a guy like Daniels yet but I def feel better than I would if they been getting run on by everyone! Ku coach doing a fantastic job and I love backing that offense as dogs, but that defense still way behind and could easily get them beat, this game feels like last team who has the ball wins. Gotta go against Steve, I already grabbed some Duke +7.5 earlier in week.
I'm with you on this one. I've been impressed with Leipold for years. He's now turned two hopeless programs around and not many coaches can say that, but laying that many points with a team that just tasted their first success and has been getting love all week from every quarter is not for me. Haven't seen Duke play, but it's not easy to go into Northwestern and win so Elko must be doing something right

Im on wvu tonight, I don’t buy Vatech at all. I think wvu tight losses to pitt and ku more impressive than anything Hokies have done. This will easily be the best offense Hokies have seen, really the 1st one that even competent imo! I think their defense a bit fugazi at the moment. I have little doubt wvu will be able to score, then once Hokies need wells to throw he will do what he has done his whole career and throw it to the wrong team!!! This a tough venue on a weeknight for sure but I just don’t think Hokies can stop Daniels and the wvu offense, wvu defense been torched but they been facing way higher caliber offenses than they will see tonight.
I've been looking at that one too because I'd like to bet one of the Thursday games . WV has an offense that can put up points, but I prefer to have the best D going for me and I have no idea at all about how good or bad V Tech is. I don't dismiss they manhandled BC.

I'm looking at the total to see if I can bet that, but right now that game looks like a pass to me.

I've been looking at that one too because I'd like to bet one of the Thursday games . WV has an offense that can put up points, but I prefer to have the best D going for me and I have no idea at all about how good or bad V Tech is. I don't dismiss they manhandled BC.

I'm looking at the total to see if I can bet that, but right now that game looks like a pass to me.

I dismiss bc, they been so awful

Here is "Bet the Board" for Week #4.

They are 0-3 this year, They spent some time telling us why = short sample size. (they have been good in past)

This week they take Oregon State +7 which is long gone. They did say they made the game 3.5 only

Phil Steele went 6-0 and Colin Cowherd 4-1, best week for either one in a long time. They have the best records of anyone at this point. Stanford Steve is not only having a bad year in his podcast picks, he is last of all the regulars on his picks on Daily Wager.

ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— 2-3 (5-9) 2020-21 Total (71-56)

(Best Bet 1-2)
Texas Tech +6x
James Madison +7
Arkansas +2
Kansas -7

Scott Van Pelt—4-4 (12-10) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

The Bear—4-3 (8-6) 2020-21 Total (61-65)
(Bank Picks 6-3)

Ohio State -18x
Texas Tech +6x
N Mexico St +4x
N Illinois +26x
UConn +38x
Iowa -7x

Greg McElroy— 1-2 (5-4) 2021 (22-17)
Iowa state -2x
Oregon State +6x
Minnesota -3

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record
Lee— lose (1-2) 2021 Season 10-3-1
Desmond—lose (0-3) 2021 Season 9-5
Kirk——lose (2-1) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Reece——win (2-1) 2021 Season 9-5
David——win (3-0) 2021 Season 8-6

Other Pickers:
Phil Steele—6-0 (12-7 ) 2020-21 Total (78-87)

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— 4-1 (7-3) 2020-21 Total (66-77)

Adam Kramer—(22-10)

Georgia St +2
Cincinnati -17
Oregon St +6x
Iowa St -20x
Texas/Texas Tech o 59x
Iowa/Rutgers o 34
N Mexico St -5
App State/JMU o 58
SMU +2x

My Picks—4-3 (8-9) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
Still can't get motivated to put in the time I usually do, but did put in a little more work last week and feel like I'm seeing things a little better, so increasing bets to 50% of normal, up from 10%. One pick at the open this week:
Minnesota +1
Lean Arkansas, Oregon State (this would normally have been a bet at the open, but I’m a little leery of USC after watching them last week. They looked damn good, everyone is playing hard, and Williams has an 80% completion rate and is the best QB I've seen this year), Oklahoma, JMU, Washington St, TCU. Slight lean Texas, Tennessee (probably first half side and team total over), A Force, Coastal Carolina

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—2-0-1 (6-2-1) 2021 (17-15)

Joe Fortenbaugh—1-2 (4-5) 2021 (25-33)

TCU -2
Duke +7x
Tenn/Fla o 62

Doug Kezirian—0-3 (2-7) 2021 (22-28)

Pamela Maldonado—4-1 (7-8) 2021 (17-23)

ML Dog Pickers:
Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-3) (1-8) 2021 (17-23)

Bill Trocci—(1-2) (1-8) 2021 (16-23)

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (3-6) 2021 (15-24)

Bill Bender—(1-2) (4-5) 2021 (9-30)
FWIW I am with you on Gophers and have bet on OU -12 and Oregon State +6.5

Here is "Bet the Board" for Week #4.

They are 0-3 this year, They spent some time telling us why = short sample size. (they have been good in past)

This week they take Oregon State +7 which is long gone. They did say they made the game 3.5 only

I don’t think it was +7 for them either, believe they said buy to 7. So lay extra juice against the college all star team? No thanks! Lol. I love those guys, I never really care bout their play, their breakdowns on the games are fuckinb fantastic, anyone blasting them over the 0-3 on their best bets are clowns, I assume that why I had to hear them explaining themselves which I don’t think there any need for in the 1st place! They easily one the best pods going and have been for years.

Here is Clay Travis week #4. He's 19-14 year, 6-4 last week

Mizzu +7.5 UNDER 51.5

Clemson/Wake OVER 55

Volunteers -10.5

N Carolina -1.5

Rutgers +7.5 UNDER 34.5

Arky/A&M UNDER 48.5

Vanderbilt +40.5

Just listened to Steve and bear in the car. Steve seemed more in line with my thoughts on clemson/wake. I’m shocked so many ppl seem to love wake this week. Clemson front 4 gonna destroy that stupid prolonged mesh crap wake runs, don’t dismiss wake turnovers as fluky cause they not, tigers hit everyone at the mesh and turnovers happen, did last year, will again this year as wake comes into this game having been sloppy w ball against much lessor defenses! I understand nobody loves clemson offense but their highest output vs a power 5 last year was against wake!! I think tigers offense somewhat improved from last year but doesn’t really matter cause they will gash wake w their run game all day!! Long as DJ ain’t terrible this should be easy. I’m actually considering looking for a alternate number on clemson laying -14.5 or something!

Here is Clay Travis week #4. He's 19-14 year, 6-4 last week

Mizzu +7.5 UNDER 51.5

Clemson/Wake OVER 55

Volunteers -10.5

N Carolina -1.5

Rutgers +7.5 UNDER 34.5

Arky/A&M UNDER 48.5

Vanderbilt +40.5

I don’t understand why that mizzou/aub total is above 51? Outside special teams and defensive scores I dunno where the hell points coming from? I suspect aub run game will mostly control the game but it not super explosive. No clue how mizzou moves the ball? Freaking game feels like some 17-13 bull shit to me! But I’m really scared/confused why total this high?

I don’t understand why that mizzou/aub total is above 51? Outside special teams and defensive scores I dunno where the hell points coming from? I suspect aub run game will mostly control the game but it not super explosive. No clue how mizzou moves the ball? Freaking game feels like some 17-13 bull shit to me! But I’m really scared/confused why total this high?
It's up to 52 with my guy

Who you like tonight in WVa - VaTech and total? I like (I will not say...want to see what you like) Line I have is WVa -2 and 49.5

Who you like tonight in WVa - VaTech and total? I like (I will not say...want to see what you like) Line I have is WVa -2 and 49.5

I played wvu -2. I wrote about it above somewhere and in the week 4 discussion thread. I just don’t think Hokies have seen a good offense yet and think wvu offense is really good, I believe they will be able to score on tech which means Wells will have to throw, that has lead to turnovers most his career! Gun to head id say over but didn’t touch the total.

I saw 53 somewhere yesterday, I dunno wtf going on there. I’m almost scared to play it, feels like one these totals im missing something and flies over thanks to about 4 punt returns and 3 pick 6s!!

I know short road weeknight fav going into a tough environment prob isn’t real wise but I can’t get over the fact Hokies havnt seen any capable offenses yet and how much I like wvu offense. Just don’t think they stopping wvu from scoring and while wvu d been lit up it been against way better offenses than what Hokies have imo.

I know short road weeknight fav going into a tough environment prob isn’t real wise but I can’t get over the fact Hokies havnt seen any capable offenses yet and how much I like wvu offense. Just don’t think they stopping wvu from scoring and while wvu d been lit up it been against way better offenses than what Hokies have imo.
Damn - my thinking exactly. I was going to take WVa tt Over 26.5...but don't feel real good

We see, I guess I’m a tad scared of the crowd/environment but honestly I’m not very bought in on Vatech d, I know their o sucks! They have gotten to play a lot of suspect offenses with terrible oline in BC case.

VT should be at full strength, minus their best RB, Malachi Thomas, who has not played all year. RB Keshawn King, WR Kaleb Smith, LT Silas Dzansi, DE TyJuan Garbutt and DT Josh Fuga all look like they're good to go tonight. All were out or got hurt vs. Wofford last week.

King is not a great RB, but he at least gives VT a chance to break one or make someone miss. RBs Holston and Black have been playing the most with Thomas out and King, who is not the biggest guy, injured or dinged up. I saw after the Wofford game that Holston and Black both have zero yards after contact this year. Neither should be playing for VT.

Also last week WRs Moss and Blue finally played with the injury to the #1 WR Kaleb Smith. Both played well so hopefully the slow WRs that played the majority of the first 2 games of the season will be riding the bench. Smith, Lofton, Moss, and Blue should be the WRs playing this game.

Also, as I posted in the underdog thread, the VT D looks better on paper than they are because the BC O-line is so bad. VT has good dbs, who contained WR Flowers in that game, so the rest of the team went after the BC QB.

With all of that being said, I think the over is the safer bet, but I have not bet anything on this game and have not bet a VT game since game #1 against ODU.

VT should be at full strength, minus their best RB, Malachi Thomas, who has not played all year. RB Keshawn King, WR Kaleb Smith, LT Silas Dzansi, DE TyJuan Garbutt and DT Josh Fuga all look like they're good to go tonight. All were out or got hurt vs. Wofford last week.

King is not a great RB, but he at least gives VT a chance to break one or make someone miss. RBs Holston and Black have been playing the most with Thomas out and King, who is not the biggest guy, injured or dinged up. I saw after the Wofford game that Holston and Black both have zero yards after contact this year. Neither should be playing for VT.

Also last week WRs Moss and Blue finally played with the injury to the #1 WR Kaleb Smith. Both played well so hopefully the slow WRs that played the majority of the first 2 games of the season will be riding the bench. Smith, Lofton, Moss, and Blue should be the WRs playing this game.

Also, as I posted in the underdog thread, the VT D looks better on paper than they are because the BC O-line is so bad. VT has good dbs, who contained WR Flowers in that game, so the rest of the team went after the BC QB.

With all of that being said, I think the over is the safer bet, but I have not bet anything on this game and have not bet a VT game since game #1 against ODU.

I only played the wvu side but I agree w over, more I think bout more I like. I think Hokies gonna have to open up, with wells that could mean points for them or points for the other team. I don’t see any way around it tho cause I don’t believe they can stop a way more balanced passing game of wvu. Ford-Wheaton a beast but they got other dudes also, unlike bc, not to mention better line and better qb!

I was hoping Steve would talk bout trees this week, kinda like them w the points. Think they can score some on udub, udub damn near let sparty back door them on 3.5 spread last week, I thought that was easy win then all a sudden sparty had ball w chance for the fuck me score:

I don’t think it was +7 for them either, believe they said buy to 7. So lay extra juice against the college all star team? No thanks! Lol. I love those guys, I never really care bout their play, their breakdowns on the games are fuckinb fantastic, anyone blasting them over the 0-3 on their best bets are clowns, I assume that why I had to hear them explaining themselves which I don’t think there any need for in the 1st place! They easily one the best pods going and have been for years.
I don't get all the love for Oregon State either. I understand the theory--this has been a good bet at times over the years because USC always has better players and never gets up for Oregon State. But this USC team is not a team to go against. They can come out flat like they did against Fresno State and still put 50 on the board. Williams is the best QB in the country and Mario Williams is the best receiver so far this season. But I'm in the minority on this and it's a very small minority

88% of the money so far is on Oregon State. Three times more money on Oregon State than on any other college team so far this season and more than 29 of the NFL teams. It is the ultimate sharp play of the year according to Daily Wager. I haven't seen +7 anywhere and all I see now is +5x.

I'd rather lay the 5x than go against USC if I had to play it, but I'll likely pass. Maybe play the USC team total

Is anyone really betting isu as favs over baylor? I don’t get that line either.
I'm leaning to I State, although I'll probably take it ML if I bet it. I expected that Baylor QB to be better than he is. He seems to have taken a step back and I like the I State D better than I do the Baylor D.

I don't get all the love for Oregon State either. I understand the theory--this has been a good bet at times over the years because USC always has better players and never gets up for Oregon State. But this USC team is not a team to go against. They can come out flat like they did against Fresno State and still put 50 on the board. Williams is the best QB in the country and Mario Williams is the best receiver so far this season. But I'm in the minority on this and it's a very small minority

88% of the money so far is on Oregon State. Three times more money on Oregon State than on any other college team so far this season and more than 29 of the NFL teams. It is the ultimate sharp play of the year according to Daily Wager. I haven't seen +7 anywhere and all I see now is +5x.

I'd rather lay the 5x than go against USC if I had to play it, but I'll likely pass. Maybe play the USC team total

I’m trying to stay away but I’m so fucking tempted as that line falls. I don’t think usc losing this game. I wish I could play the dog, not like I’m a fav kinda guy; I just can’t get there on this one. Or on wake either for that matter., I freaking love clemson this week. Seems like beavers and wake the overwhelming “sharp” sides but I don’t like either.

I'm leaning to I State, although I'll probably take it ML if I bet it. I expected that Baylor QB to be better than he is. He seems to have taken a step back and I like the I State D better than I do the Baylor D.

You guys always better w baylor than I am, I’ll take your word for it and stay away!

What you think bout Nd/unc @TahoeLegend ?

Can’t believe I’m saying it but no clue how Irish score enough.
I have no clue. I can't figure either team out. I've won on N Dame against N Carolina the last two years, but with Kelly gone I don't have any idea what to expect from N Dame and I haven't been able to figure out NC the last two years.

I’m trying to stay away but I’m so fucking tempted as that line falls. I don’t think usc losing this game. I wish I could play the dog, not like I’m a fav kinda guy; I just can’t get there on this one. Or on wake either for that matter., I freaking love clemson this week. Seems like beavers and wake the overwhelming “sharp” sides but I don’t like either.
I'm with you. I love the Wake QB and I'll take them most of the time when they are getting points, but I never go for these games where one team has more and deeper talent and has the better and tougher D, but people bet the weaker team on the theory the best team will be flat.

They always seem to go just like that USC/Fresno game last week. The dog plays their heart out and maybe leads early, then the power team beats them down and pulls away.

If that line was up around -17x or so I might consider Wake, but I don't believe in betting against the team with the best and toughest D period, and especially when I'm only getting one score. The only thing I see in favor of Wake is that the Clemson QB hasn't proved he should even be playing, but even with him at QB they rousted Wake last year.

I'm with you. I love the Wake QB and I'll take them most of the time when they are getting points, but I never go for these games where one team has more and deeper talent and has the better and tougher D, but people bet the weaker team on the theory the best team will be flat.

They always seem to go just like that USC/Fresno game last week. The dog plays their heart out and maybe leads early, then the power team beats them down and pulls away.

If that line was up around -17x or so I might consider Wake, but I don't believe in betting against the team with the best and toughest D period, and especially when I'm only getting one score. The only thing I see in favor of Wake is that the Clemson QB hasn't proved he should even be playing, but even with him at QB they rousted Wake last year.

Yea I don’t love clemson offense w him but they hung their highest point total against a power 5 vs wake last year and I think DJ is a little better. Don’t think it matters much cause Shipley and co will run all over wake crappy d! That long slow mesh wake does isn’t a good look against a front 4 w the talent of clemson who will be back there disrupting that crap! WAke been loose w the ball against bad teams, you think they gonna play clean when clemson is hitting everyone at the mesh point? I have heard a lot bout how wake turned it over last year why clemson smoked them but that not a fluke, they gonna turn it over when tigers are in the backfield at the mesh!

Talk to me bout gophers when you have the chance. I remember you were reluctant to go against sparty last week. I think they match up a little better here and at home than they did in that game. I lean minny as well but I don’t love they havnt played anyone w a pulse yet.

Talk to me bout gophers when you have the chance. I remember you were reluctant to go against sparty last week. I think they match up a little better here and at home than they did in that game. I lean minny as well but I don’t love they havnt played anyone w a pulse yet.
I backed off on Minnesota at the last minute last week because I feel the same way about them--they haven't been tested yet. Stayed away from Mich State too and I think they're a different team without that great RB and I think Minnesota has the best D so far under Fleck and a great running game. I don't know if they can throw the ball and that's Mich State's weakness--dead last in the FBS--but my three favorite things are best D, toughest team, and best running game and I'm getting that with Minnesota. Best coach too for a bonus.

Last edited:
I backed off on Minnesota at the last minute last week because I feel the same way about them--they haven't been tested yet. Stayed away from Mich State too and I think they're a different team without that great RB and I think Minnesota has the best D so far under Fleck and a great running game. I don't know if they can throw the ball and that's Mich State's weakness--dead last in the FBS--but my three favorite things are best D, toughest team, and best running game I think I'm getting that with Minnesota. Best coach too for a bonus.

I think Morgan can throw it a little bit, preferably off of play action but if it comes to him having to throw I think he could do it vs sparty.

I feel like ducks more likely to fall to wazzu than usc to the beavers.
Agree with that and I'm leaning to Wazzou. Only thing that scares me is I though that line would be +10 or more

Texas at Texas Tech looks exactly like USC at Oregon State to me. Every public picker is on Texas Tech and I don't see it, especially with a second string QB starting for Tech. I know the Tech crowd is wild, but Texas has better players at every position. All the public handicappers are betting Texas will come out flat. I don't see it. They came out flat last week and they've outclassed Tech even when they've had mediocre years. If I bet that one it will be the Horns

Agree with that and I'm leaning to Wazzou. Only thing that scares me is I though that line would be +10 or more

Texas at Texas Tech looks exactly like USC at Oregon State to me. Every public picker is on Texas Tech and I don't see it, especially with a second string QB starting for Tech. I know the Tech crowd is wild, but Texas has better players at every position. All the public handicappers are betting Texas will come out flat. I don't see it. They came out flat last week and they've outclassed Tech even when they've had mediocre years. If I bet that one it will be the Horns

Yea im close on wazzu also.

I don’t have the same level of trust in Texas but I pretty much agree w you. I did think tech was pretty good at ncst last week and really beat themselves w turnovers but they turn it over too damn much every week so I don’t like the whole “if they didn’t turn it over” thing, as if turnovers are just random flukes, I don’t really believe that to be true, it can be, but when your qb consistently turning it over in not some random shit that just bad luck! I don’t have any interest in tech but I’m not real likely to back Texas either.

Can tech stop Bijan? they havnt really faced a strong rushing team, houston had a kid avg 4.9 a carry, ncst didbt run it very well but that nothing new. I have no clue if tech capable of stopping Robinson or not? I’ll def have him to score a rushing td in a parlay or 2!

Card is QB. Ewers dressed last week as well so guessing he plays next weekend but for sure vs. OU. Expecting a big game from Bijan tomorrow. Best thing for the Horns is that this is a day game. Weird things happen at night in Lubbock.

Back