ESPN Handicapper's Picks--Week 11

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
The Bear—Week 11 (0-0) Season (15-14)
S_Carolina at Mississippi – Mississippi (-11)
Colorado at Stanford – Stanford (-6.5)
Bear’s Bank Picks—Week 10 (0-3)) Season (13-13)
Michigan
TCU
Purdue

Stanford Steve— Week 11 (0-0) Season (21-14) Best Bet (5-4)
East_Carolina at Cincinnati – Over (56.5)
MTSU at Marshall – Marshall (-24)
Illinois at Rutgers – Rutgers (-6.5)
Oregon at Washington_St – Oregon (-10)

Bill Trocci— Week 11 (0-0) Season (23-20)

Wake Forest +13.5
Notre Dame -13.5
Florida -17.5
Wisconsin -4
Purdue +3

Phil Steele-- Week 11 (0-0) Season (14-25)
East Carolina+28 vs Cincinnati
Utah-2.5 vs UCLA
Stanford-7.5 vs Colorado (didn’t specify a line)
Miami (FL)+2 vs Virginia Tech (didn’t specify a line)
Northwestern-2.5 vs Purdue
Cleveland Browns -3 vs Houston Texans
LA Chargers+1.5 vs Miami Dolphines
Green Bay Packers-13 vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Scott Van Pelt— Week 11 (0-0)Season (27-24)

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey
(22-5 last year) Week 11 (0-0) Season (8-6)
Florida/Arkansas over
App State -17-
Jesse
(16-11 last year) Week 11 (0-0) Season (6-7)
Oregon -10
USC

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Week 10 (0-0) Season (21-23)
Tamp Bay -6
NY Giants +3.5
Miami -2.5
Rams -2.5
49ers +9.5

My Picks— Week 11 (0-0) Season (27-18)
Tulsa -2
Rutgers -6
Arkansas +17x
Wake Forest +13x
W Virginia -2x
Cal pick
Strong lean Utah. Everything tells me Utah, but UCLA is the most unpredictable team in football to me. I don’t know if it’s even possible to handicap one of their games using rational thought. Intended to take Nevada as soon as the books opened, but that line was already -17. Still like it, but doubt I lay that many points. I can't figure out what effect playing the game in Las Vegas will have.

Last edited:
Weather Alert!!!

High winds in the Great lakes area. Gusts up to 60, sustained winds at 30-35., snow and rain. Haven't bet any unders yet but won an easy under last week when they forecast high winds at Cleveland so I'm checking out details,

Tahoe - Talk to me more about Tulsa.
First thing I look at on any game is who has the best defense and who has the toughest team

Tulsa is both in this game. One of my favorite situations is a finesse, offense first teams like SMU playing a team with a bunch of tough guys on defense. Tulsa played UCF earlier and physically manhandled them. And that was on the road. Cincinnati did the same thing to SMU. Memphis too for that matter, and Tulsa is on a par with Cincinnati on D (I think the line had them +3 against Cincinnati till that game was cancelled).

Tulsa is the real deal on defense and Zaven Collins, a big (6-4, 260), fast guy they move all over the field is the best player on the field. Tulsa dominated Oklahoma State, beat them up physically, knocked the QB out of the game, and dominated a WR group that is one of the best in college football, and held them to their lowest point total of the season. And that was on the road.

Not saying Tulsa is a better D than Alabama, but they rank above Bama in rushing D, Total D, and Scoring D, and that's with playing UCF and Ok State on the road

The negatives are that Tulsa almost never draws a crowd--might be less of a negative this year when no one has big crowds--they seem to always have an unreliable kicker and punter and always rank low in special teams, they don't always list their injuries, and you never know when they will come out flat. They also are in the bottom quarter of teams for penalties, may not be much of a problem in this games because so is SMU

But the positives outweigh the negatives to me just because that defense is outstanding.

Last edited:
Arky and tulsa are both on my lean list as of now. Got super late start to card this week so trying to finish it up this afternoon.

Fsu/ncst over has some appeal for one my acc plays this week. Dying to dig into the canes/Vatech game and try to figure out why the hell canes dogs?

Dying to dig into the canes/Vatech game and try to figure out why the hell canes dogs

Same here. After that coaching blunder against Liberty and losing the way they did I don't see any reason to back V Tech. And as far as i know the V Tech RB is out this game.

Miami is no powerhouse, but they look better than V Tech and have played better than V Tech. And I really like their kicker and punter and I like that on my side in road games

I like Miami in this one but haven't decided for sure to bet them

Let me know what you dig up.

Same here. After that coaching blunder against Liberty and losing the way they did I don't see any reason to back V Tech. And as far as i know the V Tech RB is out this game.

Miami is no powerhouse, but they look better than V Tech and have played better than V Tech. And I really like their kicker and punter and I like that on my side in road games

I like Miami in this one but haven't decided for sure to bet them

Let me know what you dig up.

yea I can’t imagine the tech RB plays and once he went down they were solely dependent on Hooker for all the offense, passing and rushing. I would think canes defense would be able to limit that knowing how it all goes thru him. Hokies defense is down right terrible so I’d suspect canes ground game be better than the 4.4 pet they typically average. Just like Willis gave tech fits I believe king will do the same. Just don’t understand why a team ranked 9th in country is going in there as 2 point dogs when they have handled business vs everyone not named Clemson!

Other than BC everyone has lit up thst hokie d. They slowed wake down but couldn’t do anything offensively that game. I can’t envision canes don’t score at least 35 and with tech playing hooker as the one man band seems like a tough ask vs canes d. Line just doesn’t make much sense but that kinda scared me off arky last week and they handled business ones again. I gotta stop giving oddsmakers so much credit!!

So I got a super big card I need to narrow down a tad. Here all my leans, I’ll mark ones that are plays for sure.

wvu-3 (love this one, play)
Iowa-3 (play)
Fsu/NCst (believe it be play)
S.miss +8
Hawaii +10
Bc+11.5
Wake +13
Canes +2 (not sure, maybe over? Seems like gotta be missing something on line?)
Col/trees over 54.5 (long as mills plays qb it a play)
Ark +17 (gotta play it)
Tulsa -2.5
Beavers +14
Ville +4 (this team drives me nuts, please talk me off!)

First thing I look at on any game is who has the best defense and who has the toughest team

Tulsa is both in this game. One of my favorite situations is a finesse, offense first teams like SMU playing a team with a bunch of tough guys on defense. Tulsa played UCF earlier and physically manhandled them. And that was on the road. Cincinnati did the same thing to SMU. Memphis too for that matter, and Tulsa is on a par with Cincinnati on D (I think the line had them +3 against Cincinnati till that game was cancelled).

Tulsa is the real deal on defense and Zaven Collins, a big (6-4, 260), fast guy they move all over the field is the best player on the field. Tulsa dominated Oklahoma State, beat them up and physically, knocked the QB out of the game, and dominated a WR group that is one of the best in college football, and held them to their lowest point total of the season. And that was on the road.

Not saying Tulsa is a better D than Alabama, but they rank above Bama in rushing D, Total D, and Scoring D, and that's with playing UCF and Ok State on the road

The negatives are that Tulsa almost never draws a crowd--might be less of a negative this year when no one has big crowds--they seem to always have an unreliable kicker and punter and always rank low in special teams, they don't always list their injuries, and you never know when they will come out flat. They also are in the bottom quarter of teams for penalties, may not be much of a problem in this games because so is SMU

But the positives outweigh the negatives to me just because that defense is outstanding.
Great insights. Have seen Tulsa only once this season v. Okie State in Stillwater and was impressed.

Thanks.

I love West Virginia as well. They got screwed out of a win last weekend in Austin on a no-call PI at the end of the game. They're really good in Morgantown and TCU does nothing for me overall. Becoming a big fan of how Neal Brown is building that team - tough, no bullshit and pretty buttoned up.

WVU is my favorite play of the week.

You guys opened my eyes. I passed over WV without giving it much thought. You're right though, TCU is under-performing this year just like they have the last two and WV is tough at home (I've won on them twice at Morgantown this year and yet I still passed over them) TCU used to be one of the most reliable teams on the road, but the last two years they lost that touch

I was a strong lean to Utah and have to find a replacement. WV giving 3 at home is a better bet than Utah giving 3 on the road against the most unpredictable team in football.

I like Cincinnati too. It's almost impossible for me to pull the trigger giving that may points, but I;m 4-0 on them this year and I think I gave points in all four. I'll wait till that game comes on in a few minutes and take a look.

Added Phil Steele picks. He has been so bad he may be due a correction or he may be the perfect guy bet against him in every game

Came to my senses on Cincinnati so I'm passing. They can cover with ease if they feel like it, but UCF up next and everyone has been patting them on the back and bragging on them for two months now. I'll pass this week and load up on them next week

WVU is my favorite play of the week.

yea they right up there for me as well. I normally prefer dogs but I couldn’t find one I felt as strong bout as this game. They been great in Morgantown and been a long time since tcu won there. I’m a sucker for d and outside okie
I love West Virginia as well. They got screwed out of a win last weekend in Austin on a no-call PI at the end of the game. They're really good in Morgantown and TCU does nothing for me overall. Becoming a big fan of how Neal Brown is building that team - tough, no bullshit and pretty buttoned up.

That was def pi but they screwed themselves continually going for it and getting stuffed in red zone. Had they took Fgs they woulda won, or just got the fucjing 4th and 1s!!

yea they right up there for me as well. I normally prefer dogs but I couldn’t find one I felt as strong bout as this game. They been great in Morgantown and been a long time since tcu won there. I’m a sucker for d and outside okie

That was def pi but they screwed themselves continually going for it and getting stuffed in red zone. Had they took Fgs they woulda won, or just got the fucjing 4th and 1s!!

Yup.

Nasty weather still forecast for Great Lakes on Sunday.

At G Bay winds steady at 25-30 mph, gusts to 40, rain, wind chill 30.

The SMU - Tulsa game should be close. Last 7 games in the series average margin of victory is 6 points.

yea I can’t imagine the tech RB plays and once he went down they were solely dependent on Hooker for all the offense, passing and rushing. I would think canes defense would be able to limit that knowing how it all goes thru him. Hokies defense is down right terrible so I’d suspect canes ground game be better than the 4.4 pet they typically average. Just like Willis gave tech fits I believe king will do the same. Just don’t understand why a team ranked 9th in country is going in there as 2 point dogs when they have handled business vs everyone not named Clemson!
Herbert is dressed and is not on the list of players out. Doesn't mean he will play and if he does that he is 100%. Waller is out.

For life of me can’t figure out why anyone would play tcu, do they really think duggan gonna go crazy vs the wvu d? I really don’t think so and I think that what it would take.

For life of me can’t figure out why anyone would play tcu, do they really think duggan gonna go crazy vs the wvu d? I really don’t think so and I think that what it would take.

I lean WVU personally, but fell like teams are kind of even.

Still little nervous cause wvu basically makes my day cause I did a huge 2 teamer w them and Iowa. I cash that and regardless what else happens I’m in the plus (and I plan on winning several more!! Lol).

Not my post so please excuse me. I think Jesse’s pick was fla./arky OVER instead on fla.-17-
He said “ qb task isgood for 28pts.”
I was listening at bedtime so not 100%.

Not my post so please excuse me. I think Jesse’s pick was fla./arky OVER instead on fla.-17-
He said “ qb task isgood for 28pts.”
I was listening at bedtime so not 100%.

im pretty sure it was over he on in that game to, but if it gators fuck him too cause I’m on arky!! Lol

I’m going nuts ready for these games to start since I’ve had all my plays in since last night!! Lol

Added Cal pick. They just scheduled this game yesterday--play Sunday morning at the Rose Bowl--and just put it up on the board so it's a blind pick. Cal hasn't even played a game.

Bear's other two picks
Michigan
Purdue

Added Cal pick. They just scheduled this game yesterday--play Sunday morning at the Rose Bowl--and just put it up on the board so it's a blind pick. Cal hasn't even played a game.

Bear's other two picks
Michigan
Purdue

I love Cal. Have them to finish huge 3 team parlay! Just hope ucla having game under their belts isn’t to big a advantage. Imo cal is easily 8 points better than chip Kelly squad!

Hadn't though of that one, but i like that over too.

need it to close a different parlay. Thus far im bitch slapping this card. Fucking Irish are getting me again! Ugh.

I need Arkansas+17 to make a huge day. Getting little nervous bout that one now. They kinda popular, but I like the Franks angle, like gators off beating Uga, love the way Razorbacks compete, and love getting 17!!!

Bear's Bank Picks
TCU

last week I punked Joey. This week Bear!! Lol. Actually got bear on a few last week too!!

We need noles to figure a way out to score some points. I forgot or was lazy, didn’t realize Travis was out after leaving last weeks game. Bad capping on my part. Ncst offense doing their job. Think their run game gonna explode for few big ones in second half. Dunno if noles gonna score any? Novell better figure shit out, pack defense is not good!!

So I got a super big card I need to narrow down a tad. Here all my leans, I’ll mark ones that are plays for sure.

wvu-3 (love this one, play)
Iowa-3 (play)
Fsu/NCst (believe it be play)
S.miss +8
Hawaii +10
Bc+11.5
Wake +13
Canes +2 (not sure, maybe over? Seems like gotta be missing something on line?)
Col/trees over 54.5 (long as mills plays qb it a play)
Ark +17 (gotta play it)
Tulsa -2.5
Beavers +14
Ville +4 (this team drives me nuts, please talk me off!)

crazy week when the dd dogs were my only losers for most part. Proud of myself for pulling a winning card when years past a week like this would have buried me (oh and I did stay off ville!! lol, fuck that team im done with satterfield!)

Back