• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 5

Think i want to fade houston again, that been working out pretty well! I really don’t think houston all that tough to deal with, if you can take Dell away they don’t have a lot else working for them.
I feel the same way. I've liked Tulane since I first saw the line. I doubt I bet it though. When it comes down to actually putting money on the line I see that 2-10 last year and my muscles freeze up

I usually act like the point or 2 don’t matter and it often burns me! Prob a good idea doing it your way! Lol
Perfect example of why I'm only betting a fraction of my usual bet this year. I'm not concentrating and focusing like I have to in order to win. I've been betting anyting from -3 on down ML instead of laying the points and I've made money doing it. For some reason the books usually only go from 110 to 115 a small price to pay. And yet tonight I didn't even think of doing that till an hour after my bet.

That's weak discipline and lack of focus

I think those defensive stats are skewed based on the scrubs they been playing, south bama had almost 400 yards and 31 points! I don’t see them stopping udub passing attack, particularly early where huskies been fantastic. Not only they don’t seem to have much fan support but pretty sure there renovations or something going on to where they can only fill like half the stadium, which they havnt even sold out that half as of yet.

I haven't heard of Rose Bowl renovations, unless you mean installing larger tarps over the empty seats? Haha. Resser Stadium is the one that half the stadium is being renovated and they are only using the one side and end zones.

Perfect example of why I'm only betting a fraction of my usual bet this year. I'm not concentrating and focusing like I have to in order to win. I've been betting anyting from -3 on down ML instead of laying the points and I've made money doing it. For some reason the books usually only go from 110 to 115 a small price to pay. And yet tonight I didn't even think of doing that till an hour after my bet.

That's weak discipline and lack of focus

At least that kicker missed the xp! Lol

What everyone think of the utsa/mtsu game? Mtsu tough to figure, they have looked pretty good after getting beat down by jmu in week 1. Are they really this much improved over last year to where this should be only +4 vs a utsa team I think just better than them.

I was really hoping to get props on this game but looks like so far only props are on udub/ucla, speaking of which even tho I like udub DTR ov 207.5 pass yards shouod be money.

Last edited:
What everyone think of the utsa/mtsu game? Mtsu tough to figure, they have looked pretty good after getting beat down by jmu in week 1. Are they really this much improved over last year to where this should be only +4 vs a utsa team I think just better than them.

I was really hoping to get props on this game but looks like so far only props are on udub/ucla, speaking of which even tho I like udub DTR ov 207.5 pass yards shouod be money.

Just c/p some blurbs of a preview I read, UTSA is very handicapped with injuries. Be shocked if they can run at all tonight.

The Roadrunners counted 21 players on last week’s injury report, and Traylor painted a bleak picture of his team’s health ahead of the Blue Raiders game.

The offensive tackle position “doesn’t look good,” and running back Trelon Smith, linebacker Dadrian Taylor, safety Rashad Wisdom and defensive linemen Brandon Matterson and Joe Evans are questionable.

Can UTSA run?

UTSA has “at times” shown the ability to run the ball, Brady said, but in other cases a “lack of execution on all parts” has kept the unit from clicking.

Though the interior offensive line trio of center Ahofitu Maka and guards Kevin Davis and Terrell Haynes “haven’t gotten the attention they deserve for how well they’ve been playing,” Traylor said, the absence of four starter-caliber offensive tackles has led to struggles establishing a downhill run game.

The Roadrunners rank 93rd nationally in rushing average at 3.8 yards per carry and will be hard-pressed to get on track against a Blue Raiders unit that ranks sixth in the FBS by allowing just 2.5 yards per rush.

“Their defensive line is really good,” Brady said. “They get a lot of penetration, a lot of movement against their opposing offensive linemen. Their backers, they’ll fit well, and those safeties will be the free hitters. If (we) get past the defensive line and linebackers, there will be a free hitter there, and you just have to make that guy miss.”

Just c/p some blurbs of a preview I read, UTSA is very handicapped with injuries. Be shocked if they can run at all tonight.

The Roadrunners counted 21 players on last week’s injury report, and Traylor painted a bleak picture of his team’s health ahead of the Blue Raiders game.

The offensive tackle position “doesn’t look good,” and running back Trelon Smith, linebacker Dadrian Taylor, safety Rashad Wisdom and defensive linemen Brandon Matterson and Joe Evans are questionable.

Can UTSA run?

UTSA has “at times” shown the ability to run the ball, Brady said, but in other cases a “lack of execution on all parts” has kept the unit from clicking.

Though the interior offensive line trio of center Ahofitu Maka and guards Kevin Davis and Terrell Haynes “haven’t gotten the attention they deserve for how well they’ve been playing,” Traylor said, the absence of four starter-caliber offensive tackles has led to struggles establishing a downhill run game.

The Roadrunners rank 93rd nationally in rushing average at 3.8 yards per carry and will be hard-pressed to get on track against a Blue Raiders unit that ranks sixth in the FBS by allowing just 2.5 yards per rush.

“Their defensive line is really good,” Brady said. “They get a lot of penetration, a lot of movement against their opposing offensive linemen. Their backers, they’ll fit well, and those safeties will be the free hitters. If (we) get past the defensive line and linebackers, there will be a free hitter there, and you just have to make that guy miss.”

I was really wanting a passing yards prop on Harris, not sure if they still might post some or not? Kinda surprised they don’t have any up for anything but the pac-12 game tonight.

You guys kept me off actually having a baylor winner for once! (Figures, lol). What we think of them this week? Wish I woulda got on total before it got smacked up above 55!! Not sure they have adjusted enough for how okie lite is a total offense team now w a suspect d!!

You guys kept me off actually having a baylor winner for once! (Figures, lol). What we think of them this week? Wish I woulda got on total before it got smacked up above 55!! Not sure they have adjusted enough for how okie lite is a total offense team now w a suspect d!!
I'll probably be on home Baylor, that game was so crazy last week. Every TD for Baylor came after at least one 15 yard judgment penalty, ISU had 5 15 yarders in the 1h with a targeting and some others that were questionable to say the least. Only penalty on Baylor in the 1h was on a kickoff with less than a minute left in the half.

ISU QB was awful though, skipping passes and the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down in the 2h. Take what you will from it, Dekker v KU defense will be the story I think in Lawrence.

As for Waco, if you can get it why not just jump on the Baylor tt if you like over? I don't get team totals on DK until it's live but I might play that angle if I can. Might have to put money back in Caesars for it.

I do not get TTs until late. What are you seeing? If it is under 34 may bet it

I do not get TTs until late. What are you seeing? If it is under 34 may bet it
Current line/total suggest team totals would be Baylor 29 OSU 26.5

Maybe someone with them can confirm?

2daBank said it well, and granted it's only 3 games but Ok St defense hasn't looked like the lockdown defense we've become accustomed to. Was pretty impressed with Baylor offense last week as well at moving the chains.

Sorry for all the questions: But it is my impression that Oregon State plays better at night? This game is at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Any stats? My impression dead wrong?

Current line/total suggest team totals would be Baylor 29 OSU 26.5

Maybe someone with them can confirm?

2daBank said it well, and granted it's only 3 games but Ok St defense hasn't looked like the lockdown defense we've become accustomed to. Was pretty impressed with Baylor offense last week as well at moving the chains.
Baylor and OSU are both 27.5 from the options I have.

Follow my rule - do not ever bet against Baylor. Doesn't mean you bet on them (I did last week) but do not bet against them.

Takes one element out of my decision making each week.

Follow my rule - do not ever bet against Baylor. Doesn't mean you bet on them (I did last week) but do not bet against them.

Mine is bet on home Baylor and against road Baylor, has worked well the last couple years, obviously didn't last week but they certainly didn't dominate the box score. Turnovers and penalties were the difference. I have no problem taking them tomorrow.

I don’t get it, why? I been trying not to bet their games at all cause I have a terrible time figuring them out, why not bet against them ever?

#1 safety Mukuba was out. CB's Davis and Greene were out.

The kids they had playing the corners were fucking terrible, I never seen nothing like it from tigers d! Those Mfers would get hit in the face if ball got thrown to them cause they apparently have no idea how to look for ball in the air! The worst part was they were clearly more than athletic enough, they often had great coverage on the wr but still got beat or just tackled them on under thrown balls cause they had no idea where the stinking ball was!

Mine is bet on home Baylor and against road Baylor, has worked well the last couple years, obviously didn't last week but they certainly didn't dominate the box score. Turnovers and penalties were the difference. I have no problem taking them tomorrow.

I’m surprised you ever bet on them, lol

Have not listened to yet. But, here it is for week #4. Simon Hunter has been pretty damn good

Never heard this one, I’ll add it to my listening list. I notice Joel klatt has a pod this week and was kinda excited cause think he pretty knowledgeable, I always try to catch his weekly segment on cowherd, but his pod was pretty garbage, he was all over the place mostly not talking bout what I’m most interested in which is breakdowns of upcoming games or teams.

Always at home

Never away or neutral, hope that doesn't change any time soon and that last week was a one off

You betting them this week? I kinda like the over but I lost pretty much all the value of oddsmakers being slow to adjust to what okie lite is this year, it damn sure ain’t the same defensive team! Not only has the d slipped a ton but the offense is going at a warp speed pace. Feel like I’ve knocked Sanders a little less each year, I remember when he was a walking turnover, he has gotten a lot better.

Never heard this one, I’ll add it to my listening list. I notice Joel klatt has a pod this week and was kinda excited cause think he pretty knowledgeable, I always try to catch his weekly segment on cowherd, but his pod was pretty garbage, he was all over the place mostly not talking bout what I’m most interested in which is breakdowns of upcoming games or teams.
Klatt is the only positive I've ever taken from Cowherd's show

Klatt is the only positive I've ever taken from Cowherd's show

Cowturd has several weekly ppl who come on I like, I usually record those days and skip to those parts! Klatt segment and Cosell does a fantastic once a week on Thursday.

Reactions: KJ
Klatt was very good on his upset pick of the week, but I haven't seen him do it for the last year or so

Reactions: KJ
You betting them this week? I kinda like the over but I lost pretty much all the value of oddsmakers being slow to adjust to what okie lite is this year, it damn sure ain’t the same defensive team! Not only has the d slipped a ton but the offense is going at a warp speed pace. Feel like I’ve knocked Sanders a little less each year, I remember when he was a walking turnover, he has gotten a lot better.
I'll likely be on them, maybe ML. Just need to decide whether I want to lay the couple points.

Probably make a nice ML parlay partner for a higher spread game.

I don’t get it, why? I been trying not to bet their games at all cause I have a terrible time figuring them out, why not bet against them ever?
The preceding phrase answered your question. Plus, I like Aranda and since 1976 you never know when Baylor will come up and bite you in the ass.

Just my rule

Steve has been very good on his picks involving Stanford and just the fact he thinks Oregon will smoke the trees makes me consider it

For sure, his take on trees one the few things I will never go against. Wish ducks woulda made his card, sounded like he might add them on one those segments he does where he has to have another play.

Cowturd has several weekly ppl who come on I like, I usually record those days and skip to those parts! Klatt segment and Cosell does a fantastic once a week on Thursday.
Yeah Greg Cosell is always fascinating. Can't say his segments do anything to influence my wagering but his knowledge is insane.

Yeah Greg Cosell is always fascinating. Can't say his segments do anything to influence my wagering but his knowledge is insane.

Hardly any of them really influence my wagering but anywhere I can sometimes pick up things I didn’t know make me happy.

Klatt was very good on his upset pick of the week, but I haven't seen him do it for the last year or so
Possibly since he's become one of their most prominent analysts on game day he's shied away...dunno.

Like him a lot calling games, best on Fox. Wish Gus would go back to just doing hoops.

I'll likely be on them, maybe ML. Just need to decide whether I want to lay the couple points.

Probably make a nice ML parlay partner for a higher spread game.

You don’t think anything to okie lite losing the b12 championship game and maybe a spot in playoff to them by a yard last year?

You don’t think anything to okie lite losing the championship game and maybe a spot in playoff to them by a yard last year?
You've said it about Ok Lite defense already. Not close to the same team. Another game I'm shying away from the situation angle (MTSU tonight) which is rare but I can't really expect the defense to just randomly find a different gear in Waco.

Yea I dunno why he stopped, think he always called it the “almost upset” on cowherd show. He usually still tips his hand bout one dog or another he likes during the segment. He say shit like “im just saying” or “so and so better be careful”. This week I’d guess he was thinking that bout iowa ov Michigan.

You've said it about Ok Lite defense already. Not close to the same team. Another game I'm shying away from the situation angle (MTSU tonight) which is rare but I can't really expect the defense to just randomly find a different gear in Waco.

Oh yea I def think bears scoring some points; especially if they willing to throw a bit more, okie lite sells out against the run. I think cowboys be able to score also, per usual I never have any idea on baylor side, still might end up on over w a bad number. I dunno.

I can't see anything clearly about the Oklahoma State-Baylor game. It looks to me like one of those games that will go down to the last possession and that will decided the winner straight up AND against the spread.

Oklahoma State lost the DC who created that great defense and lost the best player off it (Rodriguez got no more respect from the NFL than he did the colleges--6th round pick I think--but he started from day one and is leading the Lions in tackles the last time I looked) and most of the back end of it. The D-line is better than last year, one of the best they've ever had, but the rest of the D is not up to last year, at least so far.

The offense is going to have to rely on passing this year because they lost their best RB and the best back on the team is probably a freshman who has looked like a star in the few plays he's gotten on the field. They probably have the best receivers in the conference and a lot of them so if Spencer can throw it to the guys in dark shirts they have a chance, but he's had some of his worst games against Baylor

The Baylor D looks as good as it did last year, but I'm not sure about the O. That QB had his greatest game against Okla State in the title game last year--first game he ever started--and has not looked that good since.

My guess is it will be the typical Big 12 game--home team will probably win and the outcome will be within a point or two of the spread.

If I had to bet it I'd probably take Baylor, but the line looks right on the money to me

Sanders over td passes be fine also but it was -200, I didn’t love it that much!! Shapen was only -120!

Back