ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 11

@2daBank Not going to do it...but I think LSU takes control in 2H. It will be up to Arky Defense if they keep it close. I'm sure Kelly coaching Daniels to not hold ball as long in the pocket
I think the same way. I think Kelly wants to just control the game and he knows he can beat Arkansas with just a conservative approach and let his talent take control. Arkansas is playing way better on D than they have all year, but I think LSU wears them down with the run game

I like Bama against Ole Miss, but don't want to lay double digits on the road so played them as first team in a teaser:
Bama -5

@2daBank Not going to do it...but I think LSU takes control in 2H. It will be up to Arky Defense if they keep it close. I'm sure Kelly coaching Daniels to not hold ball as long in the pocket

I feel pretty good, they lucky to be ahead and as we been saying in the in-game thread I can’t remember last time hogs d held up a entire game. I already had more than I shoulda on lsu-3 or I prob would have added.

Im way more annoyed/concerned with Daniels rush prop, Mfer has lost 40ish yards in Sacks, Mfers doing a terrible job identifying the blitz.

Looks like Schrader is out for Syracuse. No official announcement, but it looks doubtful. Syracuse has about as many important guys out as any team.

I'd like to bet them against FSU today, but they aren't deep enough to afford injuries to their main guys
FSUwill win, so ML in a par might be your best go.

Travis had gotten so much better in pocket/reading defenses. Cuse Is gonna have to run blitz so much to slow down noles run game I could see Travis burning them:

Wow. Irish/navy went over already?
I think a lot of handicappers are unclear on the concept. I saw a lot of them taking the under in this game with some touting it as their best bet.

But playing under when two service academies play each other doesn't mean it's an automatic bet when they play other teams

I think a lot of handicappers are unclear on the concept. I saw a lot of them taking the under in this game with some touting it as their best bet.

But playing under when two service academies play each other doesn't mean it's an automatic bet when they play other teams

Lol. I love the service academy unders!! I didht touch that game, just surprised at Irish throwing it all over the field, that new!

Honestly I didn’t think navy would score more than a td. Figured Irish could potentially hit the total themselves why I stayed away.

Honestly I didn’t think navy would score more than a td. Figured Irish could potentially hit the total themselves why I stayed away.
Exactly....I was on the Under and thought after making the bet I shud not have for this reason

Navy just had ball for 10 minutes of 3rd qtr and got a fg

Exactly....I was on the Under and thought after making the bet I shud not have for this reason

Navy just had ball for 10 minutes of 3rd qtr and got a fg

You certainly couldn’t have predicted Irish were gonna throw it all over the yard. Can’t imagine anyone expected that.

JT Daniels career is over, at least if the WV coach has any brains at all.

High school star with such an inflated opinion of his talent he skipped his senior year and went straight to USC. Was given the starting job but failed. Transferred to Georgia and given the job, but failed after one or two games. Transferred to WV and given the starting job. Below average results until today when they benched him. Brought a kid off the bench and the team immediately got inspired and played much better and came from behind and won the game

I doubt we see him again

FWIW. Here are my selections. I am skiddish this week. Just don't "feel it." All are 1 unit unless otherwise mentioned.

ECU +5 WIN
Colorado +34.5
LOSE
LSU -2.5
1.5 units/ LSU -3 .5 unit WIN 3/4 PUSH 1/4
New Mexico +21.5
LOSE
Army/Troy Under 45
WIN
Clemson TT Under 29.5
LOSE
Oregon -13
2 units ( I do not keep stats but I think I've made most $$ on either Ducks or Bruins this year) LOSE
Baylor -3
(I never bet agst the Bears @ home. I am not always on them but never agst) LOSE
Wake -3.5
( I took down my UNC bet and bet Wake. Bet the Board persuaded me) LOSE

Adds:
UH -11.5 1H LOSE
ND/Navy Under 40 LOSE
Parlay:
Tenny -19/Rutgers +10/ PennSt ML/ FlaState ML Pays a little over 5:1 WIN
LIVE Under 44.5 Purdue/Illini LOSE
ND -22.5 Live LOSE
ND TT Over 13.5 2H
(may lose my ass in this game)LOSE
Iowa +3.5 Live WIN
Gophers -6 2H WIN

I took down my TCU wager and currently have no wager on game. Probably will not.

Games I am interested in currently: Pitt, TX Tech, Tulane & U.H. If anyone has any thoughts feel free. I'll figure something out.

Further wagers will be added here as I make them - or sometimes later. Sorry but when grinding/watching games, particularly the 11:00 am & 2:30 games, I don't always come back in with time to post. I usually post live in In-Game thread during 11 o'clock games and some in the afternoon.

I do not know my precise record (could figure it out but its a lot of bets to recap). Rounding my unit wins/losses for the 4 preceding weeks from farthest back to most recent I am: +7, -4, +6 and +2 (+11). Its been a good year from my perspective. I used not to concentrate as much on NCAA and worked on NFL harder. For no planned reason I have done the exact opposite this year & enjoyed it far more. I think its my retirement and not working on Saturdays; but who knows?

I bet only 2 NCAA "Futures." Both can get done this week - Michigan RSW Over 9.5 - 145 and Purdue RSW Under 7.5 2 Units -135.

Anyone think its wise to bet Purdue ML at +200 this week? If they do not lose tomorrow I could see them finishing 2-0 last 2 weeks.

First big cold front blew thru here this a.m. and will get at/near freezing over the weekend. Good luck everyone.
Well, as bad as it gets 5-11 on the straight bets. A net loss of 8 Units +a little.

Good news? Yes. I hit my 4 Team Parlay which paid 5 Units +a little.

So, net loss on the day of a little over -3 Units

Coulda/woulda been a lot different if I had not talked myself from taking down my TCU wager and changing my UNC bet to Wake b/c of Bet the Board. Idiot.

I actually knew the 2 wagers on N.D. live/2H were wrong and did it anyway. Fool

* And, to make matters worse I missed watching most of the night games. Well, maybe that's a good thing

Big day for the ML pickers. Two went 3-0. One other had 2 out of 3

I thought Bear's reasoning for putting Iowa State on his GameDay board was pretty weak. If you are going to put your best picks on the board for that TV show shouldn't you have some good reason? Sanders was never ruled out, nobody knew if he would play or not. Bear even indicated I'm pretty sure that he didn't know who was going to be QB. If the possibility existed that Sanders could play, would he have still laid pts on the road with ISU? Turns out he came off the bench and led them to the win.

Sanders went to work after the defense forced a punt, going 6 of 7 for 61 yards to lead the Cowboys on an eight-play, 63-yard scoring drive with nine minutes to go. He put the punctuation on the possession with a 14-yard touchdown pass over a pair of defenders to Nixon, who was wide open in the end zone.

“Sitting on the sideline last week was, you know, it was kind of killing to me,” said Sanders, who finished 9 of 13 for 84 yards and a touchdown. “It was good to get the engine started, I guess you could say.”

While Sanders has never taken a defensive snap, his presence was felt on that side of the ball. His return was the very thing that allowed the Cowboys to record all of their sacks in the fourth quarter.

“He’s a tough dude, so we just tried to give him the ball as much as we can,” said Daniels, who had 10 tackles, an interception and a forced fumble. “We just try to give him the ball back and not put him in bad situations, especially if he’s hurt. That just fuels us.”

Well, as bad as it gets 5-11 on the straight bets. A net loss of 8 Units +a little.

Good news? Yes. I hit my 4 Team Parlay which paid 5 Units +a little.

So, net loss on the day of a little over -3 Units

Coulda/woulda been a lot different if I had not talked myself from taking down my TCU wager and changing my UNC bet to Wake b/c of Bet the Board. Idiot.

I actually knew the 2 wagers on N.D. live/2H were wrong and did it anyway. Fool

* And, to make matters worse I missed watching most of the night games. Well, maybe that's a good thing
My day was bad too, I only won 2 bets. Luckily one of the 2 was my biggest bet, but overall a shitty day.

Bad week for the TV handicappers. Everyone lost except SVP and he said he got Arkansas at +3x when everyone else had it +3, but I'll take his word for it. He doesn't usually play games with the line. The ML Dog pickers had their best week of the season and were the only ones in the plus column

Two weeks left in the season so a lot of pressure to try to stay in the black or get into the black

ESPN Pickers:
Stanford Steve— (1-2) (24-20) 2020-21 Total (71-56) Best Bet (6-5)

Fresno St -9x Best Bet lose
Baylor -2x lose
Army/Troy u 46 win

Scott Van Pelt—(4-3) (48-42) 2020-21 Total (99-77)

Arkansas +3x win
Virginia +4x lose
Marshall +1 win
Miss St +16 lose
Washington +13 win
Texas Tech-3x win
Texas -7 (GPG) lose

The Bear—(1-2) (32-20) 2020-21 Total (61-65) Bank Picks—(1-1-1) (14-15)
Texas Tech -3x win
Louisville +7 lose
Wake Forest -3x lose

Gameday Super Dog Picks, Season Record

David——N Texas lose (8-3) 2021 Season 8-6
Kirk——Syracuse lose (6-5) 2021 Season 9-4-1
Desmond—Cal lose (6-5) 2021 Season 9-5
Reece——Louisville lose (5-6) 2021 Season 9-5
Lee— Hawaii win (4-7) 2021 Season 10-3-1

Other Pickers:
Adam Kramer—(2-5) (60-41)

Texas -7 lose
Arkansas +3 tie
Wake Forest -3x lose
Oregon St -14 win
Baylor -3 lose
Cincinnati -5x lose
UCLA/Arizona o 78 lose
UConn +14x win

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— (1-4) (224-22) 2020-21 Total (66-77)

Seattle +2x lose
Denver + 3 lose
Bears -2x lose
Jags +9 lose
Steelers +2 win

Phil Steele—(3-3) (34-28) 2020-21 Total (78-87)

Colorado St + 9 win
MTSU -10x lose
UConn +14x win
Oregon -13 lose
Iowa St -1 lose
Rutgers +10 win

Pamela Maldonado—(1-3) (27-26) 2021 (17-23)

Washington +13 win
Cal +13x lose
Florida/S Carolina o 59 lose
N dame/Navy u 39x lose
Michigan -31 tie

My Picks—(2-2) (35-27) 2020-21 Total (108-65)
(Parlays—(2-0) (14-5) (
8 wins were teasers)
Baylor -2x lose
LSU -3 tie
LSU ML (-150) win
Tulane -1 lose
USC tt o 49 win
Teaser--E Carolina +12/USC -27 win
Teaser--Alabama -5/TCU +13x win
Teaser—N Carolina +13x win second team to be named next week

ESPN D-League Pickers:
Tyler Fulghum—(1-2) (17-14) 2021 (17-15)

Tennessee -20x win
Oregon -13 lose
Illinois -6x lose

Greg McElroy—(0-3) (20-13)

Texas fh -5 lose
N Dame/Navy u 39x lose
N Caro/W Forest o 77 lose

Joe Fortenbaugh—(1-2) (14-18) 2021 (25-33)

Auburn -1x win
Miss State +16 lose
I State -1x lose

Doug Kezirian—(3-0) (16-20) 2021 (22-28)

Auburn -1x win
Navy +15x win
Ole Miss +12 win

MLDog Pickers:
Bill Bender—(3-0) (14-19) 2021 (9-30)

North Carolina win
TCU win
Kansas St win

Mike DeCourcy—(1-2) (12-24) 2021 (15-24)

N Carolina win
Maryland lose
aTm lose

Zac Al-Khateeb—(3-0) (7-26) 2021 (17-23)
TCU win
N Carolina win
Oklahoma St win

Bill Trocci—(2-1) (8-25) 2021 (16-23)

Louisville lose
TCU win
Washington win

That was my worst week since way early, hope ya’ll fared better than I did. Not shocked tcu won, pretty shocked at score/how that game was played.

This don’t happen often but feel like I let myself get talked out of udub as the week went on, early in week they were 1 the 1st dogs I was bringing up but heard enough good cases against them I got off it. Turned out none those things mattered as much as it was just ducks normal time to blow their shot at playoff! Pretty much like clockwork.

Cunningham barely playing didn’t help ville; even without the ability to run it was still close until he went out. I had no idea his off hand injury was so serious. Still a huge kick in the nuts ville giving up and deciding not to tackle when clemson was running out the clock so a garbage meaningless td in last 2 min pushed tigers tt over, game under still cashed but that hurt bad.

Lsu pushing was like best result of day, that pretty much sums up how crappy my week was. 1st glance at week 12 card it not all that appealing but still confident I’ll do better than last week, a retarded sheep could so not much a standard!

Was I just a week early w tcu losing? Or are they really gonna take this run all way to playoff before getting destroyed? Ya’ll way better with Baylor than I so I’ll prob just follow ya’ll lead.

That was my worst week since way early, hope ya’ll fared better than I did. Not shocked tcu won, pretty shocked at score/how that game was played.

This don’t happen often but feel like I let myself get talked out of udub as the week went on, early in week they were 1 the 1st dogs I was bringing up but heard enough good cases against them I got off it. Turned out none those things mattered as much as it was just ducks normal time to blow their shot at playoff! Pretty much like clockwork.

Cunningham barely playing didn’t help ville; even without the ability to run it was still close until he went out. I had no idea his off hand injury was so serious. Still a huge kick in the nuts ville giving up and deciding not to tackle when clemson was running out the clock so a garbage meaningless td in last 2 min pushed tigers tt over, game under still cashed but that hurt bad.

Lsu pushing was like best result of day, that pretty much sums up how crappy my week was. 1st glance at week 12 card it not all that appealing but still confident I’ll do better than last week, a retarded sheep could so not much a standard!

Was I just a week early w tcu losing? Or are they really gonna take this run all way to playoff before getting destroyed? Ya’ll way better with Baylor than I so I’ll prob just follow ya’ll lead.
My worst week too....5-11. Did win a 4 team parlay to keep losses down some

Back