ESPN Handicapper Picks--Week 11

FWIW. Here are my selections. I am skiddish this week. Just don't "feel it." All are 1 unit unless otherwise mentioned.

ECU +5 WIN
Colorado +34.5
LOSE
LSU -2.5
1.5 units/ LSU -3 .5 unit WIN 3/4 PUSH 1/4
New Mexico +21.5
LOSE
Army/Troy Under 45
WIN
Clemson TT Under 29.5
LOSE
Oregon -13
2 units ( I do not keep stats but I think I've made most $$ on either Ducks or Bruins this year) LOSE
Baylor -3
(I never bet agst the Bears @ home. I am not always on them but never agst) LOSE
Wake -3.5
( I took down my UNC bet and bet Wake. Bet the Board persuaded me) LOSE

Adds:
UH -11.5 1H LOSE
ND/Navy Under 40 LOSE
Parlay:
Tenny -19/Rutgers +10/ PennSt ML/ FlaState ML Pays a little over 5:1 WIN
LIVE Under 44.5 Purdue/Illini LOSE
ND -22.5 Live LOSE
ND TT Over 13.5 2H
(may lose my ass in this game)LOSE
Iowa +3.5 Live WIN
Gophers -6 2H WIN

I took down my TCU wager and currently have no wager on game. Probably will not.

Games I am interested in currently: Pitt, TX Tech, Tulane & U.H. If anyone has any thoughts feel free. I'll figure something out.

Further wagers will be added here as I make them - or sometimes later. Sorry but when grinding/watching games, particularly the 11:00 am & 2:30 games, I don't always come back in with time to post. I usually post live in In-Game thread during 11 o'clock games and some in the afternoon.

I do not know my precise record (could figure it out but its a lot of bets to recap). Rounding my unit wins/losses for the 4 preceding weeks from farthest back to most recent I am: +7, -4, +6 and +2 (+11). Its been a good year from my perspective. I used not to concentrate as much on NCAA and worked on NFL harder. For no planned reason I have done the exact opposite this year & enjoyed it far more. I think its my retirement and not working on Saturdays; but who knows?

I bet only 2 NCAA "Futures." Both can get done this week - Michigan RSW Over 9.5 - 145 and Purdue RSW Under 7.5 2 Units -135.

Anyone think its wise to bet Purdue ML at +200 this week? If they do not lose tomorrow I could see them finishing 2-0 last 2 weeks.

First big cold front blew thru here this a.m. and will get at/near freezing over the weekend. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

Last week was a disaster for the picks. We went 3-8, dropping our season total to 51-61 on the year. No excuses, we’ve got to win down the stretch to get back to positive territory.

LSU@ARK +3.5 (makes me feel even better about my LSU wager)
Why in the world would you hop on Arkansas here? Because the Razorbacks are the value play.

Mizzu@Tenny -20.5
they’re running into an angry buzzsaw for the final home game of the Volunteer football season. Last year Heupel hung 62 on the Tigers, this year the points are less, but the cover comes with ease.

ND@Navy +15.5

Vandy+18 @KY

So far in the SEC this season Kentucky has not scored more than 27 points.

Liberty@UConn +14.5
A major letdown effort, the Flames win, but only by a touchdown. Boom, go Huskies.

Bama@OleMiss +12.5 and OVER 64.5

Wisky@Iowa UNDER 35.5

Both offenses stink. This is the most Big Ten game possible.

SoCar@Fla OVER 58.5
...this game is all about pace. I think the Gators play fast and South Carolina keeps up because Florida’s defense hasn’t been great

Washinton+13.5 @Oregon (feeling better about my Ducks bet)
There’s value in betting on the other side of the Ducks, especially in major rivalry games with high totals expected. Washington’s a sneaky 7-2 and has run off three straight Pac-12 wins,

TCU+7.5@Texas (feeling better in getting off my TCU bet)
How many times, over the past decade, have we seen Texas overvalued in a big game?

GA@Messy +16

Aggies@Auburn -1.5

the only SEC game Jimbo Fisher’s team has won so far this year was a doink off the uprights against Arkansas.

FWIW. Here are my selections. I am skiddish this week. Just don't "feel it." All are 1 unit unless otherwise mentioned.

ECU +5 ( I lose almost all ECU bets for years, either 'for' or 'against.' I lost a few weeks back agst BYU as I recall. I need to do a "Costanza" and bet Cincy )
Colorado +34.5 (what the hell am I doing? wife left town for the weekend and will watch the game.)
LSU -2.5 1.5 units/ LSU -3 .5 unit (putting my faith in Brian Kelly)
New Mexico +21.5 (straight tail off Bet the Board podcast)
Army/Troy Under 45 (listened to Stanford Steve. He had good analysis based on Troy's coaching staff's familiarity with Army and probable game script)
Clemson TT Under 29.5 ( my recency bias, Clemson QB play @Frank Costanza taught me, Bet the Board and @2daBank 's thoughts)
Oregon -13 2 units ( I do not keep stats but I think I've made most $$ on either Ducks or Bruins this year)
Baylor -3 (I never bet agst the Bears @ home. I am not always on them but never agst)
Wake -3.5 ( I took down my UNC bet and bet Wake. Bet the Board persuaded me)

I took down my TCU wager and currently have no wager on game. Probably will not.

Games I am interested in currently: Pitt, TX Tech, Tulane & U.H. If anyone has any thoughts feel free. I'll figure something out.

Further wagers will be added here as I make them - or sometimes later. Sorry but when grinding/watching games, particularly the 11:00 am & 2:30 games, I don't always come back in with time to post. I usually post live in In-Game thread during 11 o'clock games and some in the afternoon.

I do not know my precise record (could figure it out but its a lot of bets to recap). Rounding my unit wins/losses for the 4 preceding weeks from farthest back to most recent I am: +7, -4, +6 and +2 (+11). Its been a good year from my perspective. I used not to concentrate as much on NCAA and worked on NFL harder. For no planned reason I have done the exact opposite this year & enjoyed it far more. I think its my retirement and not working on Saturdays; but who knows?

I bet only 2 NCAA "Futures." Both can get done this week - Michigan RSW Over 9.5 - 145 and Purdue RSW Under 7.5 2 Units -135.

Anyone think its wise to bet Purdue ML at +200 this week? If they do not lose tomorrow I could see them finishing 2-0 last 2 weeks.

First big cold front blew thru here this a.m. and will get at/near freezing over the weekend. Good luck everyone.

Think crazy warm weather braking across most the country, certainly in Midwest, the tropical storm might delay it getting to east coast, we went from 70s-80s to 40 today and 30s over weekend.

I think I agree w ducks, initially I leaned huskies but think that was wrong. They far too dependent on Penix and he has been turnover prone on the road. Really not sure if udub can get a stop on ducks? So a turnover or 2 or a couple smaller drives then trading scores won’t do them any good, I could see the back door open, think I’m going with ducks team total over, spread has dropped so thinking maybe 41/42 for TT? I don’t see ducks having any trouble hitting that.

I like texas tech also. I often talk about how bad I am when it comes to situational capping:these kids mindsets but this has to be a letdown spot for ku who celebrated like they won the SB after becoming bowl eligible last week, can’t blame them at all to walk around with chest puffed out this week, quite the turn around:!! Now they gotta go to Lubbock and face a solid team who really needs this win to get themselves on right side of bowl eligibility and think they have played more than well enough to do it. Im down with the red raiders here!

With you on wake, BTB guys kinda got me there but pretty sure they just beat me to it and I woulda found my way to that one anyways. Love fading a overvalued team like unc who has played/beaten nobody impressive amd the problems wake has had just not a concern vs this massive step down in defense they facing here!!

I like the idea of ucon, it def them or nothing: another solid situational play i tnink, which biggest reason I havnt pulled trigger, I suck at those!! Lol

You know how I feel bout lsu, we agree Kelly won’t allow the letdown; massive value laying -3 if lsu plays their A game and isn’t hung over, line should be -7 all things being equal imo.

I don’t think I can back Colorado even tho I understand it, they so bad! If I wanted to play a few bigger dogs they would be maybe Arizona, or I do kinda like mizzou, those guys more like +20 but I think much better teams with a pulse who could def stay within the number, Arizona with their offense; mizzou d is pretty damn good to be getting +20! If the offense can just give us 14-17 I think that enough to cash! Mizzou:under 57 I think correlates pretty nicely as does zona/over but that a crazy high total!!

ThT bout all I got off top my head: don’t be skittish, I think you got a winning card!!

Think crazy warm weather braking across most the country, certainly in Midwest, the tropical storm might delay it getting to east coast, we went from 70s-80s to 40 today and 30s over weekend.

I think I agree w ducks, initially I leaned huskies but think that was wrong. They far too dependent on Penix and he has been turnover prone on the road. Really not sure if udub can get a stop on ducks? So a turnover or 2 or a couple smaller drives then trading scores won’t do them any good, I could see the back door open, think I’m going with ducks team total over, spread has dropped so thinking maybe 41/42 for TT? I don’t see ducks having any trouble hitting that.

I like texas tech also. I often talk about how bad I am when it comes to situational capping:these kids mindsets but this has to be a letdown spot for ku who celebrated like they won the SB after becoming bowl eligible last week, can’t blame them at all to walk around with chest puffed out this week, quite the turn around:!! Now they gotta go to Lubbock and face a solid team who really needs this win to get themselves on right side of bowl eligibility and think they have played more than well enough to do it. Im down with the red raiders here!

With you on wake, BTB guys kinda got me there but pretty sure they just beat me to it and I woulda found my way to that one anyways. Love fading a overvalued team like unc who has played/beaten nobody impressive amd the problems wake has had just not a concern vs this massive step down in defense they facing here!!

I like the idea of ucon, it def them or nothing: another solid situational play i tnink, which biggest reason I havnt pulled trigger, I suck at those!! Lol

You know how I feel bout lsu, we agree Kelly won’t allow the letdown; massive value laying -3 if lsu plays their A game and isn’t hung over, line should be -7 all things being equal imo.

I don’t think I can back Colorado even tho I understand it, they so bad! If I wanted to play a few bigger dogs they would be maybe Arizona, or I do kinda like mizzou, those guys more like +20 but I think much better teams with a pulse who could def stay within the number, Arizona with their offense; mizzou d is pretty damn good to be getting +20! If the offense can just give us 14-17 I think that enough to cash! Mizzou:under 57 I think correlates pretty nicely as does zona/over but that a crazy high total!!

ThT bout all I got off top my head: don’t be skittish, I think you got a winning card!!
I also had AZ +20.5 rolling around in my brain.

Regardless of outcome, I feel best about my LSU and Ducks wagers.

GL this weekend. I always enjoy/learn from what you have to say.

Hope you're healing up?

I also had AZ +20.5 rolling around in my brain.

Regardless of outcome, I feel best about my LSU and Ducks wagers.

GL this weekend. I always enjoy/learn from what you have to say.

Hope you're healing up?

The ribs much better, I might have cracked my damn sternum tho, I dread having to cough, I have a hell of a time trying to lean back/lay down, I been sleeping with enough pillows keeping me propped up. Center of my chest, hurts like a bitch!! I keep making deals w the old lady like If it ain’t feeling better by so amd so day I’ll go to dr and keep pushing the day, I really don’t think much they could do and it not like I’m struggling to breath, if that was case I’d go instantly. Think just needs to heal:

I enjoy discussing the games with you as well! Everyone In this thread typically adds things Of value which why I find myself posting in here as much as everywhere, I come to discuss w @TahoeLegend also but funny thing is I hardly pay any attention to the cappers records or picks he takes the time to post! Much more interested in bouncing thoughts off ya’ll: lol.

I know @bones likes listening to a lot the pods like me. Him or anyone else you guys listen to the 2 goofballs that are under the RJ bell dream preview (obviously the college fb one), that is by far the worst pod and they about the worst cappers on any the ones I listen to, only reason I continue listening is I’ve found a great exercise is after listening to sharp ppl talk on other pods like BTB or just my own thoughts then listening to see which games these clowns are against plays us sharper ppl like, those plays been gold!! These dudes talked bout entering some contest in Vegas and they gotta make 8 picks a week so they both pick 4, Mfers never been better than .500 and up until last 2 weeks where they were truly awful kept saying “we just a few 7-1 weeks from being in the money”, nevermind I think 5-3 been their best! Lol. Just watch, they are bad and do not compliment each other at all, one of them has the squarest most pathetic reasoning, love when he against one I love! Lol

The ribs much better, I might have cracked my damn sternum tho, I dread having to cough, I have a hell of a time trying to lean back/lay down, I been sleeping with enough pillows keeping me propped up. Center of my chest, hurts like a bitch!! I keep making deals w the old lady like If it ain’t feeling better by so amd so day I’ll go to dr and keep pushing the day, I really don’t think much they could do and it not like I’m struggling to breath, if that was case I’d go instantly. Think just needs to heal:

I enjoy discussing the games with you as well! Everyone In this thread typically adds things Of value which why I find myself posting in here as much as everywhere, I come to discuss w @TahoeLegend also but funny thing is I hardly pay any attention to the cappers records or picks he takes the time to post! Much more interested in bouncing thoughts off ya’ll: lol.
Same here. I pay far more attention and the opinions in discussions than I do to the picks the handicappers make

Greg McElroy picks. He has the best percentage of any of them.
Texas 1st h -5
N Dame/Navy u 39x
W Forest/N Carolina over 77

His pod is really good also if anyone hasn’t heard it: I dunno thst he ever really makes picks on it, one the days bear comes on and they discuss what they like, both been smoking so that a good one to listen to! Think he does 3-4 a week and they all good. Joel klatt’s are as well.

I woulda lazily leaned navy but I think @VirginiaCavs makes a really good case for ND, sounded like mac leaned that way along with under. I’ve never had much success laying more than 2 tds and with a 37 total seems really tough but Irish should roll navy. They outta physically dominate navy on offense and sounds like Irish HC got better and better defending the option his years of dc: Seems like a game ND could score 24-30 amd navy prob doesn’t score 10.

Posted Pam Maldonado picks. A lot of public pickers are going with Washington, but I don't see it.
Washington +13
Cal +13x
Florida/S Carolina o 59
N dame/Navy u 39x
Michigan -31

Been trying to figure out how to bet USC and decided the best way was team total over. High for a normal team--49--routine for a Lincoln Riley team with world class talent like USC has. Added:
USC tt over 49

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Last edited:
Posted ML Dog Picker picks:
Bill Bender—(0-0) (11-19) 2021 (9-30)
North Carolina
TCU
Kansas St

Mike DeCourcy—(0-0) (11-19) 2021 (15-24)
N Carolina
Maryland
aTm

Zac Al-Khateeb—(0-0) (4-26) 2021 (17-23)

TCU
N Carolina
Oklahoma St

Bill Trocci—(0-0) (6-24) 2021 (16-23)
Louisville
TCU
Washington

Been trying to figure out how to bet USC and decided the best way was team total over. High for a normal team--49--routine for a Lincoln Riley team with world class talent like USC has. Added:
USC tt over 49

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Sorry I dozed off for bit. Nothing really to add anyways/ hate those huge spread games.. I see you on pace at half just hope they keep foot on gas for ya. Gl

Another week I like more favs than dogs. Pretty sure I actually been pretty good the weeks this has happened, I just like the weeks where I have more dogs.
Same here. Hard to find many dogs I like this week because so many of them are outmatched and your only chance to win is if the favorite comes out flat. If they don't you automatically lose. I like a dog with enough toughness and confidence to have a chance to win no matter if the favorite is flat or not. TCU and Louisville are about the only ones that fit that description. Maybe W Virginia

Washington is the dog I see more public handicappers picking than any other dog. In fact, it's the most popular pick period, dog or favorite. I don't see it though. I watched Washington against Cal and they were far from impressive

I'm looking for some more dogs. Maybe someone has some ideas

Last edited:
Game site weather report. Nothing game-changing like last week. The two that caught my eye are at Kentucky--33 degrees, steady rain, wind at 10. Now I see why so many cappers are taking Vandy and the points

The highest wind is at the Tulane game--they don't play in the dome anymore--where it will be 15mph, gusts to 24. Probably helps Tulane more. Cold and windy--12-18 mph--for the LSU/Arkansas game. Don't know which team that helps

Perfect weather for most games, including Texas/TCU, Oregon/Washington, and--of course--in the Rose Bowl for UCLA/Arizona

Same here. Hard to find many dogs I like this week because so many of them are outmatched and your only chance to win is if the favorite comes out flat. If they don't you automatically lose. I like a dog with enough toughness and confidence to have a chance to win no matter if the favorite is flat or not. TCU and Louisville are about the only ones that fit that description. Maybe W Virginia

Washington is the dog I see more public handicappers picking than any other dog. In fact, it's the most popular pick period, dog or favorite. I don't see it though. I watched Washington against Cal and they were far from impressive

I'm looking for some more dogs. Maybe someone has some ideas

Initially I wanted to like like udub but more I looked less I liked. Didn’t get to the point I wanted to lay dd w ducks, I do like their tt over 43.5, just not sure huskies can get stops and I worry bout how reliant they are on Penix and his problem w turnovers on the road. I think huskies be game but I think they will make a mistake or 2 and just dunno they can afford that cause don’t think their d can slow ducks down.

I think missouri+20 is fairly reasonable, like how it correlates with the under 57 also. Mizzou d is legit, I think they can take some of what they saw Uga do and slow vols down, they not Uga but we getting 20 points! Hold vols to 31-34 and I think it pretty damn likely they cover. I don’t like or trust mizzou offense but think they can muster 14-17 points vs a average at best vols d.

I might be able to get there with Arizona catching +20 also. Unlike mizzou they gonna have to do it with their offense which I don’t like as much but think they have the ability to score 24-31 points, add the +20 and it takes a huge number by ucla to cover.

Wish I could find something on cuse qb, havnt been able to find anything. I might be able to get there w cuse catching +7.5 if Schrader was healthy but without knowing I havnt even did a ton of work on this one cause without him I don’t think they have much chance. I do like the noles so unless I can find something saying Schrader for sure playing and healthy no point digging deeper.

Game site weather report. Nothing game-changing like last week. The two that caught my eye are at Kentucky--33 degrees, steady rain, wind at 10. Now I see why so many cappers are taking Vandy and the points

The highest wind is at the Tulane game--they don't play in the dome anymore--where it will be 15mph, gusts to 24. Probably helps Tulane more. Cold and windy--12-18 mph--for the LSU/Arkansas game. Don't know which team that helps

Perfect weather for most games, including Texas/TCU, Oregon/Washington, and--of course--in the Rose Bowl for UCLA/Arizona

Being on lsu I don’t love cold and windy, just cause we got the better qb so I’d think better conditions would favor lsu. Plus I’m not sure Daniels has ever played in cold coming from asu! Think his arm plenty strong to handle winds less than 20mph, just feel like worse weather often favors the worse team, especially considering I’m expecting Daniels to take arky crappy d apart. Pretty confident tigers will be able to run the ball also so not like it a deal breaker for me, just rather it was 60 and nice!

Add a 4th bet I like in the ville game. They came even shorter than I expected with Cunningham rush yards. 37.5 feels crazy low to me. I like Daniels over 54.5 rush also.

Adding:

UH -11.5 1H LOSE
Parlay: Tenny -19/Rutgers +10/ PennSt ML/ FlaState ML Pays a little over 5:1
ND/Navy Under 40 LOSE

LIVE Under 44.5 Purdue/Illini LOSE
ND -22.5 Live LOSE
ND TT Over 13.5 2H [i may lose my ass in this game alone] LOSE
Iowa +3.5 Live WIN
Gophers -6 2H WIN

Last edited:
Being on lsu I don’t love cold and windy, just cause we got the better qb so I’d think better conditions would favor lsu. Plus I’m not sure Daniels has ever played in cold coming from asu! Think his arm plenty strong to handle winds less than 20mph, just feel like worse weather often favors the worse team, especially considering I’m expecting Daniels to take arky crappy d apart. Pretty confident tigers will be able to run the ball also so not like it a deal breaker for me, just rather it was 60 and nice!
Daniels rush prop is 54.5 yards.

Daniels has had double digit rush attempts in all but 2 games all year, the 2 games were against little sister the poor schools. Only issue with him they do get him sacked a lot but gotta think he easily averages 5+ ypc against this d.

Sorry I dozed off for bit. Nothing really to add anyways/ hate those huge spread games.. I see you on pace at half just hope they keep foot on gas for ya. Gl
The funny part is that USC was not even close to efficient. Three and out first two possessions, interception on the third, but they are go good when they get rolling they still covered.

Starting RB got hurt early and all that did was allow them to play Rayleek Brown and he showed he's a super star in the making. And Riley wanted to hang 50 for sure. he had them go for two when they hit 40 and kept the starters in all the way

It's in the 20s now in Fayetteville and it just showed them scraping a light covering of snow off the field. But it was just a dusting of snow and there's a bright sun out and the wind wasn't noticeable.

It will probably affect LSU slightly more, but didn't look like it will be a problem after a few plays

Daniels has had double digit rush attempts in all but 2 games all year, the 2 games were against little sister the poor schools. Only issue with him they do get him sacked a lot but gotta think he easily averages 5+ ypc against this d.
Yeah, I agree.
Another one that I like is Ashford over 56 yards rushing
And MJ Morris over 27 yards rushing

Achane is 108.5 yards, so I put a little on that.

What are your plays for today, hhm?
Mostly props:

Large:
Penix (WASH) over 315.5 passing yards

Medium:
Ashford (AUB) over 55.5 rushing yards
MJ Morris (NCSU) over 26.5 rushing yards
Daniels (LSU) over 54 rushing yards
Tex 1st half -4

Small:
Kansas +4
Baylor -2.5
WVU +9
Achane (A&M) over 108.5 yards rushing
Thayer Thomas (NCSU) over 61 yards receiving

I early bet all of the spreads so I am gonna go back and see if I will bet any more on them.
I have not looked at team totals yet.
I am still deciding on what I want to do with Ville/Clemson

Mostly props:

Large:

Medium:
Tex 1st half -4

Small:
Kansas +4
Baylor -2.5
WVU +9

I early bet all of the spreads so I am gonna go back and see if I will bet any more on them.
Thanks for sharing. Good luck on the action.

It's in the 20s now in Fayetteville and it just showed them scraping a light covering of snow off the field. But it was just a dusting of snow and there's a bright sun out and the wind wasn't noticeable.

It will probably affect LSU slightly more, but didn't look like it will be a problem after a few plays

There was snow on my car this morning, it was 80 2 days ago!

Mostly props:

Large:

Medium:
Tex 1st half -4

Small:
Kansas +4
Baylor -2.5
WVU +9

I added to WVU +10 to make it a medium bet

I also found Dorian Thompson-Robinson over 48.5 yards rushing and made it a small bet. I may add more to it if Charbonnet is officially out.

Looks like Schrader is out for Syracuse. No official announcement, but it looks doubtful. Syracuse has about as many important guys out as any team.

I'd like to bet them against FSU today, but they aren't deep enough to afford injuries to their main guys

Only ones I’ve bet so far are Daniels and Cunningham ov rush and Hartman ov 2.5 passing tds., hopefully I’ll add a few later. I just dunno wtf to expect in Aggies/aub but I agree w aub qb rush, I just stayed away from that game totally:
Holy shit, Cunningham's rush total is low (40.5). I do not know how I missed that.

Holy shit, Cunningham's rush total is low (40.5). I do not know how I missed that.

It was 37.5 when I played it! I knew they would under shoot it, give too much respect for tigers d but surprised was that low! only way he don’t hit that is if he gets hurt again.

It was 37.5 when I played it! I knew they would under shoot it, give too much respect for tigers d but surprised was that low! only way he don’t hit that is if he gets hurt again.
Yeah, he has over 100 yards against them last year and tends to have bigger rushing days against the better overall defenses.

Yeah, he has over 100 yards against them last year and tends to have bigger rushing days against the better overall defenses.

They been getting run on by way less athletic qbs than him recently. Schrader probably can’t outrun me and he ran all over them! Travis ain’t really run 1st and he had 64 on them. I dunno, I don’t get it, unless he more hurt than im aware of? He always gets hurt but usually comes back in, far as I know at moment all that wrong his non throwing hand is hurt, shouldn’t effect much:

Jesus., maybe they think he get sacked 20x like Daniels on pace for. Mfer back to 0 rush yards after a 20 yard run and few other decent runs.

Ok I just don’t get how Mel kiper has will Levis as the 2nd best qb in upcoming draft? There no way I draft that kid in 1st round let alone top 10.

Back