EPL Dec 15 to 16 Plays from North of the Border

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
English Premier League:
Record: 74-65-17 +$725.03
Totals 13-13-3
Big Plays: 7-5-1

This could be one of the toughest weekends as there is only one team that is a -0.5 favorite and that is Man City at home vs Bolton. So limiting my plays on the EPL but have a big play

Sunderland vs Aston Villa:
Aston Villa Over 1 Team Goals @ 1.68 $1000 to win $680

My Villans have a great scoring record on the road and in general as well. I expect them to make good use against Sunderland after suffering 2 straight loss'. Also manager Roy Keane has sat out goal keeper Craig Gordon for the last 2 games for Darren Ward. Sunderland have played 7 home games and have kept only 2 clean sheets. However those were against Tottenham on opening day and Derby last home game. Villa can at least score one goal here, but i'm looking for them to continue how they have played on the road with a lot of pace especially on the wings. I think John Carew's size will be an issue for the Sunderland defense.

Will play the Sunday games for sure, but not too sure if I will add more on the EPL.

Yo mike do you think villa can go to sunderland and win? thinking about playing the draw in this game because of the form that villa has been in.

Yo mike do you think villa can go to sunderland and win? thinking about playing the draw in this game because of the form that villa has been in.

Sunderland know the only way they can get points will be from home. I'm interested to see how Villa react after 2 loss' however those were tough loss' against quality teams. Sunderland are without influential midfielder Carlos Edwards. Draw should be a good bet. I sense 1-1 or 2-1 Villa. I just don't see Sunderland's offense doing much. If they score first they will put 11 men behind the ball and hope for that slim victory or draw.

Liverpool vs Manchester Utd
On the pitch this game could be extremely boring with neither team willing to take a risk. I'd rather see the fiasco happening outside the stadium then whats happening on the pitch. Not willing to take the under, but with the way Rafa approaches these big matches, i'm hesitant to take on the Over as well. Conservative play is written all over on this match and really no reason to bet on it. Both teams know what is at stake here. It is really difficult to pick a favorite over the 2, obviously Liverpool gets the nod with being the home team but Man Utd have shown they are not pushovers on the road. Even midweek against Roma with a 2nd string squad they stood guard. Now, I'm not going to bet against Liverpool at all this season. When they are motivated, they are dynamite but all this talk about "We're ready"....I need proof that they are. So a win today vs Man Utd will establish their credentials. I would say Liverpool MUST win here because they've already suffered two 1-1 draws to the hands of Chelsea and Arsenal so if they suffer another draw here, they will have lost a ton of points before playing at the home stadiums of the big boys. Best thing to do is actually watch and do a live in game bet. Really want to see how both these clubs will step up to the challenge. Man Utd are the more rested between the 2, however, we saw a dominant Liverpool squad midweek. So who's going to show up? I am itching for this game to start so i don't make some stupid degenerate bet. But in all honesty. Torres' strength should be a great asset vs Man Utd's defense. Utd's duo of Ferdinand and Vidic has been monterous this year however, there hasn't been a striker that has caused major problems, that is because a lot of them are not physically strong enough to compete for headers and tackles. Torres demonstrated midweek, his balance and pure strength. He ran rampage on that poor Marseille defense and I think....and I hope, he can be able to cause Vidic and Rio some problems so it opens things up for Gerrard and Kuyt.
This game marks a revenge factor from last season. Liverpool got swept and will look for a little payback. Actually the more I write about this the more likely i'm going to play the Over.
Pool are missing Daniel Agger. That is a tough loss, in a big game like this. I still have little faith in Hyypia's ability but I just sense Rooney's pace will cause the older CB lots and lots of problems. Plus no Steve Finnan, it will be tough to see if Arbeloa and Riise can handle the Utd wingers.
Benitez will be stupid if he wishes to put Xabi Alonso in this match. The midfielder has barely had any match fitness since his injury and to ruin a teams momentum right now is just awful timing. Liverpool should and must win the battle in the midfield. I am not really too impressed with Utd's midfield right now, Carrick isn't really a big match character. I'm going to take a shot at this over. I can see Utd at least getting on the score sheet. Could turn out to be like the Arsenal game. I would feel Utd are the more adventurous of the 2 sides and might fancy their chances here and there. Sitting back and waiting for someone to do something is a bad idea, because if there is an early goal, this game will open up. I bought down to the total of 2 considering that Under 2.25 is @ 1.80 i don't see a difference. Just hope this game doesn't end up with 1 goal lol.
Over 2 @ 1.82 $300 to win $246

1 real chance for Utd and they score, Pool needs to really take care of their chances or this game will get out of hand

not touching the Arsenal/Chelsea game....London Derby and a top 5 clash....too difficult for me after this stupid North End match. For the sake of viewers i hope it at least has some entertainment value.

Back