Elimination of the Extra Point

how would it still be a two point conversion??????????????????

Because if they choose to go for 2, they are only awarded 6 points..until they convert the 2 pt conversion. Is this really that confusing?

yeah i dont really think the baseball comment, even if it was meant to be humorous is similar to this at all

Let's just take hockey goalies off the ice because sometimes players score on them so WHATS THE POINT AM I RIGHT?!

How about the intentional walk in baseball? How many times does the pitcher actually throw a ball away? Why not just let the batter take his base when the team in the field says they want to walk him? It's pretty pointless to throw the 4 pitches.

How about the intentional walk in baseball? How many times does the pitcher actually throw a ball away? Why not just let the batter take his base when the team in the field says they want to walk him? It's pretty pointless to throw the 4 pitches.

punishes the team for intentionally walking a guy though by raising the pitch counts...

punishes the team for intentionally walking a guy though by raising the pitch counts...

You realize they rarely throw those pitches full bore though, so it's not really doing anything to their pitch count. That's like saying their pitch counts go up when they throw warm up pitches between innings. Also, many of the IBBs are done by relief pitchers whose pitch count doesn't really even matter too much if the IBB pitches were really taxing the pitcher (which they are not).

You realize they rarely throw those pitches full bore though, so it's not really doing anything to their pitch count. That's like saying their pitch counts go up when they throw warm up pitches between innings. Also, many of the IBBs are done by relief pitchers whose pitch count doesn't really even matter too much if the IBB pitches were really taxing the pitcher (which they are not).

it doesnt matter, nowadays so many managers take pitchers out when they reach a certain number of pitches... its minimal but it still does add pitches

obviously for relief pitchers it doesnt matter... only starters

it doesnt matter, nowadays so many managers take pitchers out when they reach a certain number of pitches... its minimal but it still does add pitches

obviously for relief pitchers it doesnt matter... only starters

It doesn't matter because they don't throw those IBB pitches full bore, they are thrown similar to warm up pitches in between innings. You're missing the point I think if you are still contending that those 4 pitches are adding to their "pitch count."

there have been two walk off wins in minor league games by IBB thrown away...it's rare but happens...

Of course it happens, but it's probably pretty damn close to the same percentage as a missed XP. It doesn't happen anymore than 1 in 100, that's for sure.

It doesn't matter because they don't throw those IBB pitches full bore, they are thrown similar to warm up pitches in between innings. You're missing the point I think if you are still contending that those 4 pitches are adding to their "pitch count."

do you think when a pitcher reaches 100 pitches, the manager goes back and says "he had two intentional walks, lets give him 8 more pitches"?

i know its silly, trust me im just giving counterpoints

... and also by the logistics of the entire thing... do you want to just add 4 balls to the pitchers stats automatically?

baseball is very big on numbers/stats/records blah blah blah...

do you think when a pitcher reaches 100 pitches, the manager goes back and says "he had two intentional walks, lets give him 8 more pitches"?

... and also by the logistics of the entire thing... do you want to just add 4 balls to the pitchers stats automatically?

nah I'm sure they count those pitches the same they do the warmup pitches each inning/prior to the game.

Yes, that definitely factors into a decision on whether to take a pitcher out (having thrown 4 IBBs which are basically warm up pitches). For the few guys that there may be a hard pitch count, it definitely would come up when the pitcher got close to that count #. Really though, there aren't too many dudes pulled after exactly 100 pitches, even if that's what they said before the game.

Adding 4 balls to the pitchers' stats? Baseball isn't that big on stats nbafan...I'm not sure you know too much about baseball tbh.

Back