ECSF: Boston vs Toronto Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This should be a very good series here with the Champs vs Stevens Celtics...

They battled all year in the Atlantic and this will be a war.

Discuss your thoughts and angles...

Toronto hottest team in the league right now...
15W - 1L in the last 16 games, but the only loss... was to Boston...
No Hayward can be big for Boston, but Lowrie can be out as well for Game 1...
I really like the way Toronto overcame the loss of Kawhi, so I will be rooting for them...
Chances in my eyes are 50 - 50...

These teams are actually thinking about boycotting because of the recent shooting. Are NBA players egos that big to think this would accomplish anything? Unfortunately evil isn't going away and certainly not going to stop tragic incidents.

Toronto all day. Too much depth for Boston w or without Lowry. Their damn bench threw up 100 the other day.

love Tatum, Walker, and Brown, but outside of Smart, without Hayward there’s not a lot there

Toronto all day. Too much depth for Boston w or without Lowry. Their damn bench threw up 100 the other day.

love Tatum, Walker, and Brown, but outside of Smart, without Hayward there’s not a lot there
Agreed.

I think 6 games max.

This should actually resemble playoff basketball at least.

too much depth for Toronto you mean. Yes I agree completely

Should be a great series

My guess is that they’re going to be protesting game 1. TSN reported that both teams met together to discuss options.
But back to the game, Toronto has the luxury of letting you pick the style you want to play and adjusting to it and beating you at it. They can go many ways with that depth. That said, o seriously think this all comes down to Gasol again for Toronto. Few meetings they’ve had, they were keeping him wide open and on purpose.

The problem isn't related to their job. It's about a societal issue. There are plenty of things about society that I have a problem with, but I don't then go and "protest" at my workplace.
I’m guessing you don’t make 10 mil a year and make these owners a boatload of money.
Rigid rules and guidelines don’t apply to power struggles.

I’m guessing you don’t make 10 mil a year and make these owners a boatload of money.
Rigid rules and guidelines don’t apply to power struggles.
We all make owners money unless we own our own business. There is a time and place for everything. No one is forcing them to play basketball for a living lol.

Yes, but you can be replaced. How are you going to replace Lebron, Kawhi etc. if they say fuck it?
I guess with the backups? I'm not saying these players don't have things to be upset about. There is definitely some BS happening. I just don't think the workplace is the place to be doing this... unless they have a bone to pick with the owners, etc. The owners aren't the ones out there shooting black people...

I guess with the backups? I'm not saying these players don't have things to be upset about. There is definitely some BS happening. I just don't think the workplace is the place to be doing this... unless they have a bone to pick with the owners, etc. The owners aren't the ones out there shooting black people...
But I know some owners that support it. Does the Texans owner own an NBA franchise?

This is more a big picture thing. All the power is with the stars of the NBA. I’m not watching 5 bucks bench players going against the Zubac led clippers in the nba finals.

But I know some owners that support it. Does the Texans owner own an NBA franchise?

This is more a big picture thing. All the power is with the stars of the NBA. I’m not watching 5 bucks bench players going against the Zubac led clippers in the nba finals.
What's the point of sitting a game?

It does nothing.

These guys can do SO MUCH more to help social causes outside of the actual game.

What's the point of sitting a game?

It does nothing.

These guys can do SO MUCH more to help social causes outside of the actual game.
Why do cops shoot people for no reason? To show you they have all the power and control. It can apply to other people in other situations.

Back to the series...

How bad is the injury?
all that waiting for a sprained ankle, my guess is he suits up game 1 still with limited minutes to test it out. In this day of age, he's probably already feeling much better with cupping, chiro, physio etc.

Know lots want to say Kyle is the heart of the team and while I don't fully disagree, they are grown men still able to perform. FVV will be the PG moving on after next year anyways, so mise well see what that looks like. GIANNIS 2022!

might see that jumbo line up, but I think Serge and Gasol are super key to this series

Feel like this is the game where the craps get back into it after a bad spot to lead off. Toronto -1 for me.

Pretty simple..craptors dont hit there jumpers they loose..good luck tho with marcus smart and brad stephens

I think Boston wins series, I have future on them I’ll prob buy out of in finals assuming they make it. Think I like raps tonight as I def expect it to be a long series.

I’m not confident we see anything much different than the first time game. I think the value is on the Celtics.

Celtics outscore day Raptors 73-71 after the first quarter. Siakam had 3 very early fouls in the 1st quarter and shots just weren’t falling for the Raptors. I think we see shots go in for them today. Not sure who ultimately wins the series but I would be shocked if it doesn’t go at least 6.

On paper, it should have been very close and even series, but at this moment, it looks like Boston too hot for Toronto, who chose the worst time to cool off...
If Toronto win Game 3, they can make it a series, but obviously if not...

C's have creators on offense, Raps don't.

Lowry is always gonna be Lowry.

In the playoffs you need those.

Siakam a few years away from being there if he even gets there.

Raps indebted to Kawhi for eternity. They will never win a 'ship again.

C's have creators on offense, Raps don't.

Lowry is always gonna be Lowry.

In the playoffs you need those.

Siakam a few years away from being there if he even gets there.

Raps indebted to Kawhi for eternity. They will never win a 'ship again.

im not sold on Siakam ever being "that guy",

In this series so far.......3 games including tonight

1st quarter scoring goes Over
2nd quarter scoring goes Under

Back