Eastern Conference Finals Thread

memo to Wade....put more time into getting your game on track in ECF and less time trying dress up and mini me with your son

Wase.jpg

:dunno:

I am surprised by the high scoring games we have had so far in this series and therefore no unders. I wonder if and when this will change.

I can't understand why an adjustment to the line has not been made. Still 7.5? It's as if everyone expects Miami to just blow the doors of Indiana. I think the confidence the Pacers they showed has convinced me that ain't happening. Would I be shocked if Indiana wins tonight? Yes. But, I'm leaning more and more to them covering the number.

I can't understand why an adjustment to the line has not been made. Still 7.5? It's as if everyone expects Miami to just blow the doors of Indiana. I think the confidence the Pacers they showed has convinced me that ain't happening. Would I be shocked if Indiana wins tonight? Yes. But, I'm leaning more and more to them covering the number.

With the 3 refs in action tonight road teams have faired well - road team has won 64% of Crawford's and 60% of Davis' games (small sample size but worth noting) avg margin of victory by road teams in those games was 3. Points look promising.

a lot of free throw shooting are helping those overs

Regulation time FTAs game by game (regulation total in brackets)

1 - 46 (184)
2 - 58 (190)
3 - 72 (210)
4 - 60 (191)

(1) The lowest 2 FTAs totals have come @Miami.

(2) Indy has come out on top in every game: 24-22 (1), 32-26 (2), 44-28 (3) & 33-27 (4). The only game Indy didn't get at least 30+ reg. FTAs in, is the only game to have totaled less than 190.

Is it safe to touch the under..or should we wait for the elimination games?

My expectation is, after 4 Overs, that we'll get at least 1 in the next 2 games. Since those FTA counts make it more than obvious what the 4 previous Over results have been built upon, it's only going to take a little bit of in-game viewing to se whether the refs are letting them play or not to get an idea of whether an Under is on, so my suggestion is if you don't have live total betting, to wait until the half. Plus Indy has the number 1 ranked road D, just another factor which points to tonight being the kind of ugly game we all know these 2 can combine to put up (80 vs 80, 80 vs 70, 90 vs 70).

Didnt know it was this bad, but wow! This guy here...

[video=youtube;L8rGCH_HRdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L8rGCH_HRdQ[/video]

I don't get how can it be that Birdman still on the floor.

Pacers play really well so far, but only up 4 points at HT.

The reason of course, too many turnovers and bad misses close to the rim.

So far, the team that won first quarter, won the game. Hopefully, it stays the same in Game 5...

And btw, after refs being whistle happy for 4 games, here, in a very physical game, 10 fouls after 24 minutes (only 3 on the Heat) - very strange to see...

The worst thing about LeBron and his flopping is everyone always (himself included) about how strong he is. Dude, you either are nowhere near as strong as you claim to be, or you're flopping all over like a dead fish, but it cannot be both. If he's so strong, it's pretty clear he wouldn't be knocked down (especially as dramatically as he is) from any of those "fouls." It's embarrassing that the NBA has turned into a flop fest, but it's more embarrassing that the idiot officials keep falling for it and calling fouls when it's clear it's a flop.

The worst thing about LeBron and his flopping is everyone always (himself included) about how strong he is. Dude, you either are nowhere near as strong as you claim to be, or you're flopping all over like a dead fish, but it cannot be both. If he's so strong, it's pretty clear he wouldn't be knocked down (especially as dramatically as he is) from any of those "fouls." It's embarrassing that the NBA has turned into a flop fest, but it's more embarrassing that the idiot officials keep falling for it and calling fouls when it's clear it's a flop.
Good point. No doubt he's a strong dude, so it's definitely flopping. Embarassing. He's the "KING" of flopping.

Refs with two wins in this series, Pacers with two wins and Heat only with one win.
I wonder, can Heat at least even the series with refs and the Pacers or not...

Third quarter, 5 fouls on Pacers in 5 minutes, causing foul trouble for both Hill and Stephenson after calling only 10 fouls in the entire first half for both teams combined...

Can Heat win this series without refs help? Really can't imagine that...

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the calls were wrong, but to call it so tight suddenly against one team, after "letting them play" attitude in the first half (and most of the second half as well) - cost Pacers the game...

Heat made 21 - 5 run after that, with Hill on the bench with 4 fouls, Stephenson playing with 3 fouls and Augustine contributing a foul, a turnover, missed shot and poor defense...

Heat made 21 - 5 run after that, with Hill on the bench with 4 fouls, Stephenson playing with 3 fouls and Augustine contributing a foul, a turnover, missed shot and poor defense...

I said the same thing to myself when it happened. Fouls that weren't fouls in the 1st half now have the Pacers in foul trouble and this game is about to swing in a big way. It's like watching pro wrestling sometimes, I swear. It's so damn predictable.

I'm sorry don't mean to be a prick but do you guys really believe the Heat won this game and the series because of the refs? Come on. And yes, it is predictable but isn't that the point? To predict the games and win money?

Refs ate shit both ways. LeBron was hacked multiple times on drives to the basket in the 3rd and 4th quarters with no calls. Hill wasn't fouled out with an opportunity to win the game like James was in Game 4, yada-yada. This is still Stern's league, too easy to blame a loss on the refs. Pacers lost because the Heat actually gave a crap in the 2nd half, the whole 1st half they looked disinterested. Hate saying it but when Miami plays as a collective force, they are almost unbeatable. Problem is they only play hard when it suits them...

Back