Eastern Conference Finals discussion thread

Road team 8-1 SU these playoffs under Foster.

LeBron 15-5 SU in the playoffs under Foster.

Lang on the Hawks for 50 dimes.

Can't back the Hawks tonight. Foster loves lebron and gives him the benefit of the doubt and basically lets him do whatever he wants.

Lebron does seem to start series slowly. It seems to be somewhat intentional though. To scout how the opposing team plays him etc. People don't always realize this part of his game. It's what makes him exceptional

This is the game when Blatt came onto the court trying to call a TO when he had none, apparently Foster looks across and shakes his head...

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/emQliYVEAmB/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

hate -1 favorites as well.. was hoping the line would flip... points to take the cavs but i just cant do it... will be on hotlanta game 2 if the cavs win tonight

LeBron 0-8 SU (2-6 ATS) in Game 1's on the road. Scott Foster reffed Game 1 of the ECF's last year in Indy, Pacers went to the line 30+ times.

It's a pick your poison game tonight.

All the ref BS aside... I think the cavs are in for a rude awakening defensively... similar to the warriors last night... this is not your bulls/celtics lackadaisical & inconsistent offense.... i think the cavs are more than capable of playing solid defensively but it'll take some time

[TABLE="class: tableOdds, width: 1180"]
<tbody id="oddsBody">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]5/20

8:30 PM

503 Cleveland Cavaliers
504 Atlanta Hawks
[/TD]
[TD="class: bets"] 21548
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 56%
44%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 66%
34%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 52%
48%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 60%
40%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The Hawks have been very inconsistent and lackadaisical on offense during these playoffs.

Cavs a -1 fave at Bovada.

The Hawks have been very inconsistent and lackadaisical on offense during these playoffs.

Cavs a -1 fave at Bovada.

eh they had their way vs the Nets for the most part...

the wiz are actually a very good defensive team.... i think the cavs have had the easier road so far

Warriors guilty of lazy defensive play as opposed to be shocked, imo.

Extra rest affects the D more than the O.

That being said doesn't CTG shutdown in about 20 mins ?

Cleveland has LeBron and the Hawks don't. LeBron's dunk late in the 4th, when the Bozemore kid tried to guard him outside the 3, LeBron blew past him, and Korver was seen running out of the way says it all. I commend the Hawks, and Demare Carroll has become one of my favorite players in the league, but the Hawks don't have the experience of getting your ass kicked and coming back for more to win this series.

Lastly, if you don't believe the NBA has influence in the outcomes of certain events, you are either under 30 years old, don't know what to look for, or don't want to see it. Can't blame anyone for being any of the above, but it is what it is.

While driving home from work yesterday I caught the first half of the game on Sirius Xm radio and listened to the Hawks feed. Their announcer was fucking furious every time Scott Foster called a foul on them and he mentioned how they never win with him officiating. Just thought it was funny cause he was mentioned in this thread earlier.

Personally I hate blaming refs, as its a hard sport to call. On every play you have guys crying on each team. And some of the plays are split second decisions where you sometimes have to anticipate a call or you blow the whistle late then get shitted on.

I think that refs today were a bit in favor of the Hawks or neutral.
LeBron got in to foul trouble quickly with offensive charge on him, they missed few fouls that were made on LeBron driving to the basket.
Refs let the teams play on both sides, so I would call it a decent work by the refs overall.
Don't get some blaming refs here...

Cavs d just bucked up when they had to. Junior Smith having an all American playoffs. LeBron has willed this team and just makes everyone else ten times better.

The officiating last night was fair? Clearly I was watching a different game...

It might look fair but with different referees having different tendencies...ex) some call more off ball illegal screens, some call more offensive fouls.... this crew last night fits into that category... its not the number of fouls on each side that matters... it's the type of calls and its how the officials allow each team to play their style... I just wonder if Lebron and other players know referee tendencies like MLB pitchers know umps... i think Lebron definitely does and this could be one reason he has such a good record with Foster...

The hawks need to somehow make Lebron shoot outside the paint. The way they were guarding him is just silly when he is shooting below 15% from 3.

Luckily for Carroll and the Hawks, it looks like he may be able to play on Friday.... saved himself from losing out on a few million

They called illegal screens on both ends of the floor.

The call on Millsap that got him the T was wrong one, but other than that... Can you give an example of clearly wrong call by the refs?

Obviously style of a ref, even if he calls the game evenly, can decide the outcome, but refs let both teams play on both ends of the floor and I don't think it was bad for the Hawks.

They got LeBron in foul trouble early and that wasn't good.

Refs aren't the ones that helped Smith with three pointers and those weren't the refs that allowed LeBron to score time after time.
They could have called it tight when he started to go strong to the rim and missed a few shots, but chose not to.

The problem with the refs, is that Hawks just not as good as Cavs. They need refs to really help them, to have a shot at the game...

The Lebron drive in the 3rd when they called a blocking foul on Antic was a joke.... Lebron extended his arm and created the contact

Cavs started getting calls when he bugged out after that reverse drive chuck that he wanted a foul on

these were cavs friendly refs and it was obvious before the game started... and yes all those 3's that go in can be a result of it because it changes the flow of the game and extra fouls forces teams to change the way they play... not saying it would have mattered yesterday with the way JR was in the zone but the refs can definitely control the tempo

highly doubt you'll be seeing Tony Brothers or Joey Crawford in Atlanta tomorrow

Millsap coming out of the paint to guard Bron is hilarious. Bron killed him every time

I think that refs today were a bit in favor of the Hawks or neutral.
LeBron got in to foul trouble quickly with offensive charge on him, they missed few fouls that were made on LeBron driving to the basket.
Refs let the teams play on both sides, so I would call it a decent work by the refs overall.
Don't get some blaming refs here...

lol, Divol.

To claim Foster and his sidekick Phillips were somewhat favorable to the Hawks is a joke.

The road team being 1-9 in games he refs this postseason and James' playoff dominance under his whistle is more than a coincidence.

Scott Foster is a crook and people are starting to take notice. Type his name into Twitter.

'The Scott Foster Money Move' is real. Always fade the steam in games he officiates.

That being said you ain't winning shit in this league without a bonafide superstar and the Hawks don't have won.

This is a star-driven league marketed on it's star-pull. Hawks jersey sales figure to be about 0.001%.

That being said you ain't winning shit in this league without a bonafide superstar and the Hawks don't have won.

This is a star-driven league marketed on it's star-pull. Hawks jersey sales figure to be about 0.001%.
That's true. Pretty much every NBA champion the past 30 years, other than the '04 Pistons, has had at least one future HOF'er on its roster.

That's true. Pretty much every NBA champion the past 30 years, other than the '04 Pistons, has had at least one future HOF'er on its roster.

Just because your a HOFer doesn't make you a star or someone tv audiences wants to watch.

Spurs never got ratings based on Duncan. Hell even after they beat Detroit in the 2005 Finals the Spurs had to play in Detroit on Christmas day despite Detroit's roll in the Pistons-Pacers melee and the Spurs being a model franchise.

lol, Divol.

To claim Foster and his sidekick Phillips were somewhat favorable to the Hawks is a joke.

The road team being 1-9 in games he refs this postseason and James' playoff dominance under his whistle is more than a coincidence.

Scott Foster is a crook and people are starting to take notice. Type his name into Twitter.

'The Scott Foster Money Move' is real. Always fade the steam in games he officiates.

I agree that he is a crook. Been saying it for a while now.
Still... I watched the game...
It was a good officialting imho...

Warriors are destroying the Rockets without Curry or Thompson on the floor...

Livingston is amazing for the second straight season.
It's really great to watch, after all the injuries, he is finally playing to at least some part of his potential...

Feel like the Cavs are set up to sweep this, with or without KI.

In the playoffs to date...

- Cleveland's games are 5-0-1 to Under when the SU winner scores 99 pts or less; 4-2 to Over when the SU winner scores 100+ pts.

- Cleveland has not conceded 100+ pts in a SU loss.

- Atlanta at home has only once conceded more than 97 pts (avg. 93.1 ppg against; 5-2 to Under).

These trends holding in G2 will make an Over result extremely difficult to come by.

---------

Cleveland's 4th periods have average pretty much the same whether they've been played at home (45.60 ppg) or on the road (44.83 ppg). The big difference the venue makes has been in their 3rd periods: 41.67 ppg on the road vs. 50.60 ppg at home. Hence their road 2nd halves have averaged almost a full 10 pts less than their home ones (cue 4 x 2nd half Unders in 6 road games to date, with only 1 of the 6 exceeding 99 pts).

---------

Also, Atlanta is 2-5 ATS at home: their 2 wins coming when scoring at least 106 pts. Highest score Cleveland's conceded these playoffs is 101 (then 100) pts.

Back