Does This Rise to the Level of Assault?

Don't hit someone with your helmet, especially without theirs on. Don't throw haymakers and uppercuts while someone is holding the player down (without their helmet on) gang kick said person while a COP stood there and twiddled his thumbs. Cops/security guards/coaches/players should ALL get a lesson in humilty.

One player got a broken nose, another got cuts and a concussion and per his father may never play again because he is emotionally fucked up about it.

You beat a kid up with your teammates in flag football if they say bitch you suck, we whooped your ass? Nah. This goes on every weekend in almost every game all over America, trash talk is part of the game and always will be. 5 on 1 helmet swinging in the bare head of someone is not.

Pretty simple.

Don't hit someone with your helmet, especially without theirs on. Don't throw haymakers and uppercuts while someone is holding the player down (without their helmet on) gang kick said person while a COP stood there and twiddled his thumbs. Cops/security guards/coaches/players should ALL get a lesson in humilty.

One player got a broken nose, another got cuts and a concussion and per his father may never play again because he is emotionally fucked up about it.

You beat a kid up with your teammates in flag football if they say bitch you suck, we whooped your ass? Nah. This goes on every weekend in almost every game all over America, trash talk is part of the game and always will be. 5 on 1 helmet swinging in the bare head of someone is not.

Pretty simple.
Yep, saying it was the tunnels fault or harbaugh wanting to run up the score is just victim blaming

Everything but the assault happens thousands of times a year in sports all over the world every weekend

The cowardly assault doesnt

Yep, saying it was the tunnels fault or harbaugh wanting to run up the score is just victim blaming

Everything but the assault happens thousands of times a year in sports all over the world every weekend

The cowardly assault doesnt

Believe it or not, MSU has 1 tunnel as well. As do many CFB teams in America. Ryan Day runs the score up every weekend, he never gets shit (and god bless him for that because I love it) Remember Rutgers and Schiano? Just an example. Josh Heupel does against the sister of the poor, he doesn't get shit. It happens. If you can't stop the team, then quit.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, MSU has 1 tunnel as well. As do many CFB teams in America. Ryan Day runs the score up every weekend, he never gets shit (and god bless him for that because I love it). Josh Heupel does against the sister of the poor, he doesn't get shit. It happens. If you can't stop the team, then quit.
Even if you wanna fight someone, it's not best solution but it happens with young men when they get heated sometimes, 99.99999999% of the time they do it 1v1

If one of the sparty players started shit with gemon green in the tunnel this wouldnt be a big deal, minor story with at most a suspension of maybe a game

Even if you wanna fight someone, it's not best solution but it happens with young men when they get heated sometimes, 99.99999999% of the time they do it 1v1

If one of the sparty players started shit with gemon green in the tunnel this wouldnt be a big deal, minor story with at most a suspension of maybe a game

Great point. Let them go 1 vs 1. I'm all for that.

I kinda feel sorry for Sparty tho..they gonna pay for this as long as Harbaugh is there. Won't be pretty. This will rise Michigan's hatred up to MSU hatred of Michigan's and that's bad news for the boys in green and white.

My take. Sure, the UM player is fucking stupid for ruining into the tunnel with all the MSU players by himself. Not sure wtf he expected. And if he was talking shit or trying to start something, he deserves something in return. But not to get stomped and beat down by a GROUP of players with their helmets on. Only way I would justify that would be if he raped or molested one of their kids or grandparents. I don’t think that happened.
It’s just like those pussy ass gang members who have to all jump in when one of theirs is in a fight. You’re a pussy if you have to beat someone 5 on 1. That’s not tough, that’s a bitch.

My take. Sure, the UM player is fucking stupid for ruining into the tunnel with all the MSU players by himself. Not sure wtf he expected. And if he was talking shit or trying to start something, he deserves something in return. But not to get stomped and beat down by a GROUP of players with their helmets on. Only way I would justify that would be if he raped or molested one of their kids or grandparents. I don’t think that happened.
It’s just like those pussy ass gang members who have to all jump in when one of theirs is in a fight. You’re a pussy if you have to beat someone 5 on 1. That’s not tough, that’s a bitch.
Perhaps he wanted a thrill, or was he sure he was right and invincible? At any rate, he had a lot to talk about with a psychiatrist.

I have no problem with the reverse flea flicker-
They are 8-0, thinking they are headed to playoffs-time will tell….
They may never run the play again, but it gives future opponents’ defensive coordinators one more thing to worry about/prepare for-
No problem running that play at all-

Reactions: KJ
At this point you've gotta be intentionally misrepresenting the points presented. Which makes for a very worthless and unentertaining discussion.

Mr. Costanza asked for an example of 'how the rivalry has been disrespected'. An example of poor sportsmanship was provided. Mr. Costanza did NOT ask, 'what caused the MSU player to use his helmet as a weapon?' Nor did Costanza ask for anyone to provide a justification for the player to use his helmet as a weapon.

You're welcome to disagree that this was poor sportsmanship (though you'd be in the minority) but what you're not welcome to do is twist my words and apply them to a separate discussion altogether. That is just a dishonest argumentative tactic. And again, not worthwhile.

Last edited:
At this point you've gotta be intentionally misrepresenting the points presented. Which makes for a very worthless and unentertaining discussion.

Mr. Costanza asked for an example of 'how the rivalry has been disrespected'. An example of poor sportsmanship was provided. Mr. Costanza did NOT ask, 'what caused the MSU player to use his helmet as a weapon?' Nor did Costanza ask for anyone to provide a justification for the player to use his helmet as a weapon.

This is just a dishonest argumentative tactic. And again, not worthwhile.

He’s a lefty. That’s what they do.

they gonna pay for this as long as Harbaugh is there. Won't be pretty. This will rise Michigan's hatred up to MSU hatred of Michigan's and that's bad news for the boys in green and white.
Terrific. Keep ratcheting it up. That's totally the solution here.

And then when this bubbles over into fan on fan violence at the game (or as has already occurred, fans trying to touch the head of an opposing coach) we can express our shock and outrage behind our computer screens.

My worthless advice: dial down the rhetoric. Keep these teams far the fuck away from each other when not on the field. Work to bring this rivalry back to a healthier place cause right now it ain't it.

Last edited:
He’s a lefty. That’s what they do.
Ha. I'm a lefty too. But I'm also capable of approaching an argument objectively. This really isn't a political thing. But people are equally as passionate about it and rooted in their thinking. All good though.

Last edited:
Ha. I'm a lefty too. But I'm also capable of approaching an argument objectively. This really isn't a political thing. But people are equally as passionate about it and rooted in their thinking. All good though.

Then you’re a liberal. Lefties are the psychotic arm of the liberals.

It was also a joke.

Last edited:
Does anyone want to address why Harbaugh dismissed Franklin's concerns about the tunnel arrangement and warnings of a problem occurring? And then called him a whiner?

And why this type of antagonizing was applauded by michigan fans?

After this type of exchange, would you expect future PSU/mich tunnel interactions to improve?

By the way, if the infrastructure of the building only has 1 tunnel, how about a little common sense protocol to allow the visitors in 1st? How are both teams allowed to go through together while there’s little to no security? Dumbass abound in this world.

By the way, if the infrastructure of the building only has 1 tunnel, how about a little common sense protocol to allow the visitors in 1st? How are both teams allowed to go through together while there’s little to no security? Dumbass abound in this world.

THIS comment is not allowed man !
OMG TUNNEL blaming !!!!!!

Logic / common sense is forbidden - as you might upset a total stranger's (not involved in any way) sensibilities !

In fact - as a kid we never locked our doors at night ..... Sooo from now on I will never lock my doors, to show I am I modern / hip guy - craving to be a victim. If I get uninvited overnight guests -who blows my brains out and gang rapes my family, I double dog dare anyone to say "well hell why didn't you lock your door dumbass" .....
>> on 2nd thought I think I'll just lock my door - keep sawed off 12 as well ha

You're welcome to disagree that this was poor sportsmanship (though you'd be in the minority) but what you're not welcome to do is twist my words and apply them to a separate discussion altogether. That is just a dishonest argumentative tactic. And again, not worthwhile.
Wasnt talking about you or anyone in this thread

There are sparty fans and harbaugh haters online saying its solely the tunnels fault and using the boys will be boys bullshit excuses

You said the tunnel was part of it, I have no problem agreeing with that, I just dont think it can be used as something to excuse the incident, if the tunnel was a small little fire, the actions of the sparty players was pouring a tub of gasoline on it

You call someone a name and then they hit you over the head with a brick. Could the odds of being hit over the head with a brick been decreased? Sure. Does that matter much when discussing the accountability and punishment for the criminal violent attacker? No.

The victim has little chance to defend himself here and rightly he probably feared for his life.

I don't understand the focus on the tunnel. Walk down the tunnel, talk your shit if you want to ... don't get violent. Easy. Why is this different than all the other places teams or players congregate near one another?

If a player tackles a guy on the sideline near Saban and a scuffle ensues and he takes off his helmet and starts bashing Saban in the head with it then do we say Saban should have been in the booth instead of the sideline?

Rather than fix the tunnel, let's fix the mentality of the cowardly pussies who did the attack.

This one isn't hard folks.

yes, I know doing one of those does not preclude them from doing both.

Wasnt talking about you or anyone in this thread

There are sparty fans and harbaugh haters online saying its solely the tunnels fault and using the boys will be boys bullshit excuses
Fair enough. Sorry if I misinterpreted. The amount of internet bickering over this right now is through the roof. Hopefully, the punishments will be appropriate and everyone can chill out and move forward and focus on how to improve the health of the rivalry, rather than reveling in the past.

I'll post more on this later but several MSU players should be suspended / kicked off team for the rest of the year.

This could be their way to get out of the Tucker contract (water cooler talk here).

Absolute disgrace what they did. Disgusting.

I'm gonna tell you guys a little something about the tunnel.

100 years of games just about.

The first incident was last year vs OSU. That was just shouting, that's fine.

The 2nd was versus PSU. That was funny because they were getting their asses kicked on the field stat wise and Franklin was leading the charge and they threw PBJ sandwiches at players on UM. No harm, no foul .

This one was violence and pure PUSSY shit.

You fight one on one with your hands. You don't have someone hold down a player while you use your helmet as a weapon. In the other incident, that was a straight up jumping of up to 10 guys on 1 guy.

This is such cowardly shit

The cops, security and MEDIA filming and watching is EMBARRASSING and a BIG reflection on our society as a whole the last several years.
Call me crazy and some will but in general these are the character qualities that are instilled in many young men growing up in todays world. Young men aren’t expected to and don’t look up to/emulate quality character older men. They are taught to think this way in todays society. Not in every case but in a growing what seems like majority. Young men need to have higher expectations across the board no excuses. Men typically will rise to where you set the bar. If you make it high they will do everything they can to get there. If you set low expectations for character that is exactly what we will get gentlemen. These actions you see on film stem from a lack of respect for their opponent, their school/team, and themselves.

Back