Discussion - Thursday 8:00pm CFB (Miami vs Virginia Tech)

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
What are you going to be on for Thursday night's game this week and why?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="class: timechanged, colspan: 7"]8:00 PM EDT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]107 MIAMI FLORIDA[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]51.5u19[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-2.5 -05 / -2.5 / -2.5 -15[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-3 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-150[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]108 VIRGINIA TECH[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-2 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]49 / 48.5 / 49.5[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]49[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+130[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]TV: ESPN, DTV: 206 | CLEAR, NORTHWEST WIND 6-11. GAME TEMP 53, RH 59%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Team Totals
Miami 25.5
Virginia tech 23.5
(both at -110)

Neither team is strong on offense.. Under 49 is very possible. Not sure how either team protects the ball tho.

I was surprised to see Hokies a home thursday night dog here. Beamer is 22-5 home vs ACC Coastal teams and 26-9 in all night home games. Miami is 0-3 on the road this year, although one of those was Kaaya's first ever start, team didn't play bad outside of him, the other was at Nebraska (thought Miami played better than the final showed) other at GT, which I didn't watch.

Can the Hokies offensive gameplan be so pitiful 2 weeks in a row? Maybe they just aren't good period? All their receivers are FR. RB Marshall Williams is supposed to be back, but I don't know if he is really better than the other young guys even though he's the leading rusher. They didn't produce running the ball for sure, but it really was more what they were asking Brewer to do, or what he was deciding to do all night. Surely they can't play that conservative for a home night game this week can they?

I'll give Pitt D as being pretty good, better than Miami has been. So maybe that is good for Hokies.

Both teams are must-win mode. Pressure continues to build on Golden.

I lean Hokies due to home night game getting a FG off embarrassing loss. Not sure they are the better team though.

good to see you around s--k:shake:

Thanks. Not much time for me to post so far this year, but I was check in a couple times during the week to see what you guys are talking about.

VT sacking opposing QBs 4x per game. I;m sure Miami is aware of that though and likely will plan accordingly. Kaaya improving alot, no longer the liability seen from early in the season. Hokies probably need to rattle him early to get the home crowd edge to have fullest effect.

With Marshall Williams returning, I'm going for VT even though the other running backs are out. Feel with the more exp. Brewer and VT defense will prevail over Miami.

Offense its not close. Brewer makes terrible decisions and is not particularly skilled at all. He blows. The rbs/ws are regular and the OL pretty much sucks. Kaaya has progressed a great deal and Duke is a great runner. Solid receivers and a terrific OL. Defense is about even. Both have good dbs. As long as Miami defense can get off field every once in a while they should be fine with depth. Miami owes VT for a big loss at home last year. Eyeball test against GT. GT could not stop Miami and never really did, VT was erratic and lucky against Jackets weak d. Scores dont indicate the relative success each had against them. I think Miami is much more powerful. Beamer is started to suffer from alzheimers. I believe its possible VT loses 4 of the next 5. Including tonight.

vt should have no problem today a game like his comes down to the coach VT has 2 great coaches beamer/BUD these guys will not let there team have 2 bad games in a row . MIAMI QB should have a few INT bol

Marshawn Williams will start at RB. JC Coleman should not see the field at RB, which will be a plus for Virginia Tech. The fullback, Rogers, who played RB last week should be mixed in with Joel Caleb. Teller moved to left guard and Wang moved to center. Caleb Farris, the old starting center, has been moved to the second team. Also, Joshua Stanford is back to add some depth to the young WRs. The Hokies should be able to run the ball with better results and overall move the ball better this week. As always the defense should be good at home on Thursday night.

Back