Did UF just fire Muschamp?

When Kirby takes a HC job, Muschamp to Alabama. Internets would explode with Saban/Kiffin/Muschamp on same staff

Hugh Freeze and Dan Mullen will get the first calls. High profile, high paying job should attract big names.

two big openings with this and Michigan ( most likely opening up).

You still hearing Mora, GLB?

I'd say Mullen way before Freeze. No way Foley considers Freeze

Rich has pipelines all over that state for recruiting. Don't know if that 3-3-5 will work in sec?

I've heard Briles' name, but no way he leaves Texas right? He's a hero to all the high school coaches in that state. I agree his offense could be terrifying with the level of athlete you can get at Florida, but I'm not so sure he can't get those guys anyway in an easier conference

9o1.gif

Foley says he wants a coach by Christmas. Does that rule out current NFL HCs?

If Chip Kelly ever was to come back to the college game I would think this would be the ideal job. Otherwise Rich Rod, Jim Mora Jr., are 2 names I would think are on the short list

If Chip Kelly ever was to come back to the college game I would think this would be the ideal job. Otherwise Rich Rod, Jim Mora Jr., are 2 names I would think are on the short list

what about the show-cause?

I expect Mullen and really want Muschamp to come back to Austin

mora didnt turn down texas and udub to go to florida a year later.

only real threat is the nfl specifically the 9ers if harbaugh leaves but his parents and kids are all in socal so im not too worried mora leaves just yet.

Did I see that Mullen isn't a candidate? Is that from his camp or UF's?

Waiting for for rumors that Saban is interested

Doc isn't the name the fans would want, but it might actually be a nice fit. His offenses can run and pass and this year even at a school like Marshall in a conference full of spread attacks he has them playing nice defense. Sometimes what the program needs and what the fans want are divergent, most of the time actually.

Im hearin muschamp is almost def going to so car to be def coord/coach in waiting. He and spurier have a history together and they're good friends.

Also hearing briles' name thrown around alot although that may be smoke. Like gps said, doubt he leaves texas.

I think gary patterson, gundy, or david cutcliffe will be their next coach.

Outside of coaching against one another, what history do the OBC and Muschamp share. AU needs a d coordinator. We could use one. He shares a history w/ AU. Where he and Jimbo coached together. He went to UGA, but I believe the Bulldogs are happy with Pruitt. He will have his choice of jobs the moment his season ends and will make a hell of an addition wherever he lands.

Last coaching search should prove that you shouldn't believe what you hear. Nobody had Muschamp on their list or anything. Everything is pure speculation. A couple things from people in this thread.

0 Chance they go after Kirby Smart. We just had to deal with the "best" D Coordinator and it didn't work out well. Doc Halliday is a dark horse nobody has been talking about other than that twitter post. Dude killed it recruiting South Florida back when he was in Gainesville. Jon Gruden has been brought up by major sources but doubt it. A coach who I really like is Mark Hudspeth. Think he would be great. Going to be a TON of Rumors from "sources" and none of them will have any merit

Im hearin muschamp is almost def going to so car to be def coord/coach in waiting. He and spurier have a history together and they're good friends.

Also hearing briles' name thrown around alot although that may be smoke. Like gps said, doubt he leaves texas.

I think gary patterson, gundy, or david cutcliffe will be their next coach.

I woulda thought Briles to UT....cant see FLA

If I am FLA, Dick Rod baby

Last coaching search should prove that you shouldn't believe what you hear. Nobody had Muschamp on their list or anything. Everything is pure speculation. A couple things from people in this thread.

0 Chance they go after Kirby Smart. We just had to deal with the "best" D Coordinator and it didn't work out well. Doc Halliday is a dark horse nobody has been talking about other than that twitter post. Dude killed it recruiting South Florida back when he was in Gainesville. Jon Gruden has been brought up by major sources but doubt it. A coach who I really like is Mark Hudspeth. Think he would be great. Going to be a TON of Rumors from "sources" and none of them will have any merit

^^^

This.

I'd love Hudspeth as well... I'd be totally fine with Doc too.

Back