DFS/Props Week 3 2024 Discussion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Thread starter.

Just a common note --- the metrics will look better post week 4, so take some of the game by games with a grain of salt.

Some DFS/Prop/Fantasy things of note.

Will go game by game.

- Cook looked great with 3 TDs, and a low snap count due to blowout... but 2 targets/g currently, and allen a vulture candidate, he will have some stud, but also dud weeks.
-Keon Coleman led the WRs in snap count for 2nd week in a row, hitting 91%, but finished with just a 5.5% target share... is he not getting separation or is he due for some big time regression upwards? Shakir on PPR sites seems to be the main one you'd want here.
-Kincaid has a negative aDOT through 2 games, ouch.
- Achane without Mostert had 29 opps (7 targets --- in b2b games now), he may be a must play in those situations.
-Unfortunately for the entire offense, Tua going down sinks all ships. I haven't checked pricing yet, but I doubt we got any discount on the big 2... I will not, Thompson did have a similar air yards per attempt as Tua but both are near the bottom of the league.... In weeks 5/17/18 in 2022, his 3 starts, Hill had a 13 aDOT/20% target share, but again, can we stomach paying a premium? I dont think so.

-Hall sawe his snap% drop from 82% to 72%, but he saw roughly the same amount of total snaps, and finished with 22 opps (8 targets --- never seeing less than 6 so far), those are great numbers.
- Wilson is sitting on a 29% target share, and an ok aDOT of 9, his weighted average puts him 10th among all WRs, he's practically an every down WR too.
- Pollard looks like the 1A afterall.... week 1, 20 opps (4 targets), week 2 23 opps (6 targets). His price has moved by just $100 on DK since week 1, yes please.
- Hopkins snap count has risen, but still not at 50%. I touted Ridley last week, and he shined.. I'll do it again. Wk1, 26% target share/23 aDOT, Wk2, 22% target share/26.5 aDOT, those are big play potential numbers.

- Neither Najee or Warren hit 50% of snaps... Najee still had 19 opps (2 targets), and he is relatively cheap, but it feels bad chasing production on him. Alsothis numbers are when playing with a lead... ugh.
- I still like me some pickens, he has a 27.5% target share, with a good 13 aDOT, but we may only be able to play him when we think PIT will be playing from behind.
- It's nice to see Jav. Williams hit 66% of snaps, when playing from behind too... he was inefficient on the ground, but finished with 16 opps (5 targets), at 5.4K, a 1 TD game, and he could easily 3X.
- wth do we do with the pass catchers here.... Dulcich quietly had a 26% target share, with a good TE aDOT of 8, but he played just 54% of snaps, and caught just 3 of his 8 targets. Sutton leads at 22%/13, I guess they are cheap enough in the right matchup.

- I've said it in b2b weeks now, but until Kamaras price becomes egregious how do you not play him? He did finish with just 23 opps (3 targets), but this was another blowout.
- I obviously still believe in Olave (21%/11), but Shaheed is just outperforming (23.5%/17.5), and is cheaper... in plus matchups, it'll really come to an ownership leverage decision.
- DAL RBs didn't hit 50% of snaps in blowout, and Wk1 was hard to tell too, this in now another year of blow out or get blown out so its hard to gauge metrics there but we can agree there are better priced options at their price.
- Lamb is rightfully a WR1, but I want to make note Tolbet/Cooks have practically been playing just as much, and all 3 of the WRs have aDOTs between 10.67 to 11.9, and they come significantly cheaper --- be mindful for possible salary relief/punt play option with upside (looking at you tolbert).
- If Ferguson is out again, I still like Schoonamker as a punt play too, he finished with 15% target share, despite a low 2.5 aDOT, we like that on PPR sites.

- If White is healthy, I really don't think Bucky is taking his playing time like others suggest, despite the groin injury he still played 70% of snaps --- we obviously don't want them in favorite roles, but he actually is kind of cheap at 6.1K.
- McMillian reminds me of the old Jam-o/Shaheed/Pierce, he gets playing time, not many targets, but last week he had a big aDOT of (19.5). If desperate for a punt/hr hitter, he can be on the back of your list.
- What we do like to see, is the concentrated offense this is, as Godwin/Evans combine for a 74% target share last week, similar to Hill/Waddle, Smith/Brown, Nacua/Kupp of the past. There aDOTs aren't great, but that may come with time, and when the team struggles to run, they seem to generate that with dink and dunks, even better for PPR sites.
- Otton continues to be a top snap getting, but just no volume, and tiny aDOT, ugh.
- At a minimum/games with a lead, Gibbs looks to be in a 50/50 split, but from behind it is rising to 66/33. He finished with 20 opps (7 targets, never less than 6 so far), I feel like he should be with the alphas imo, but the Montgom steal is holding him back. \
- ASB I will always be ok with playing, as a 38% target share is insane... but Jameson Williams has solidified himself as a really good WR2 to start the year. Last week he had a 22%/12, on the year he's at 25.5%/13 and still priced in the 5K range.
- You can not justify playing TE1 pricing for Laporta and his 10%/4 stat line, I know I'll regret it 1 week, but until something changes, I'll live with the trend.

- I know it was a positive pass script, but is taylor not better suited than sermon anyway? I can't justify why he played just 52% of snaps, and having just an average of 2 targets/g scares me. I obviously like how efficient he was running the ball (12-103), but paying a premium for this kind of range is scary.
- Pierce's numbers are similar to Mitchells (20%/22.5, vs 18%/19), I think either can have a spike game with a HR hit, but guessing will be annoying. Pitman with a 30% target share/good 11 aDOT gives us floor/ceiling combo.
- In first game without Love, Jacobs was called on for 32 total carries (0 targets), that's obviously solid, and translated into 151 rushing yards, but 0 tds/receptions and you got just 15.1 points, barely 2x'ing his current salary. Now I think in a closer contested game maybe he sees more targets and maintains his overall volume, so he could be a plus going forward.
- No WR had more than 4 targets for GB, but again, they played with a 2 possession lead throughout, and with Willis.... so if we go by aDOT, Doubs was not only the sole player over 9, he had 18, with a 23% target share, and saw the most snaps. Wicks quietly did well too with 31%/9, those would be the 2 I consider if going there (doubt I do).

- Mason with b2b 81% snap counts, he finished with 21 opps (1 target). While we like the volume, that is now b2b games with just 1 target while playing with opposite scripts. He obviously has TD equity, and no deebo will help raise his floor some more, and he doesn't break the bank like cmc quite did.
- Deebo has a massive 33%/10 to replace/be siphoned to others. Kittle/Aiyuk are obviously the prime candidates for increased production. Note, Aiyuk is the cheapest he's been across all 3 weeks. Jennings is a punt flyer, having already 16%/12 metrics.
- While averaging just 15.5 opps last 2 weeks, Jones does have 4 targets/g, and is still priced in the 5K range... His final FPs does not look appealing, but I think he can be viable in spots.
- If Addison is still out, it looks like Nailor is the WR2, playing almost 100% of snaps, and finished with a 17%/13 stat line, he's cheap, and I'm interested as home dogs in the 4th highest O/U of the week.
- JJ played just 70% of snaps and stilll finished with 29%/15, great numbers.

- The game was in neutral script throughout, but I guess with no walker, Seattle was like nope, we are just going to throw the ball.
- Charb did finished with the highest snap % of the week among RBs (96%), and probably one of the most important handcuffs in the league. He had 19 opps (5 targets).
- Going back to the passing attack, Dk/Jsn/Lockett all played over 80% of snaps, Lockett was an afterthough, with just a 5% target share the worst aDOT. JSN/DJ combined for 70%m and aDOTs of 11~. I'm worried JSN/Lockett can alternate weeks on us, but atleast DK looks solid for week to week usage.
- Stevenson is Kamara-lite, and I'm playing him until his price is egregious too, he finished with a 72% snap count, and 26 opps (5 targets), yes please.
- Unfortunately for the Pats WRs, not 1 finished with more than 3 targets. This did lead to a massive 50% target share to Henry, with an ok aDOT of 6 for a TE, he may have some big spike weeks still which we should have learned from last year too.

- Singletary finished with 18 opps (1 target), that's not bad for someone in the 5K range, a TD (which he had) and he should at least 3x, but it's not someone we are happy to click.
- The only one worth discussing is Nabers... the guy had a MASSIVE 18 targets/66% target share, has that every been higher in a 1 game sample? lol, and his aDOT was good at 11.5. Idk if that continues or not, but through 2 weeks, he is the #1 WR in weighted average for target share/aDOT. and he doesn't break the bank just yet.
- Daniels had 13 FPs with 0 TDs, even with a 2 TD performance, he should be hitting the 25 FP~ range, which imo would be closer to his floor than 13. Hurts/Lamar>Daniels>>>>>Fields in terms of running utilization (I know Kyler/Richardson can be up there, but there attempts are low). Not bad.
- Not sold on Terry as an insta lock, but I'm sure he only has gotten cheaper, and still has an ok 22.5%/9 stat line, he will get his sooner than later.

- Dobbins looked to easy last week, and while I had him a little, idk why I was so scared... his price jumped up to 6.4K now (was 5.4/4.9K). and I think I want to take a step back. He's averaging 15.5 opps (2 targets) a game, but you can argue he is becoming 1A, and last week was a blowout, so those numbers could jump and it's better to be ahead of it then behind.. so I'm not sure where I land just yet.
- It's hard to take their games to seriously as they've yet to play in a negative run script but QJ is stating to look like the #1 there, which was probably peoples 3rd guess. He currently has a 25.5%/10.5 stat line which is incredible for a guy still in the 4k range.
- Throw everything mostly out for CAR.... Dalton is now in, Wk3 last year he did have an insane 58 attempts, and on Charks 11 targets, he had a 17 aDOT, on Thielens 14, he had a 10 aDOT... so he is willing to at least throw the ball downfield, which Young was 2nd to last among starting QBs at 2.8....we may be getting a discount on these WRs this week.

- Somebody let me know if Ford got hurt or not, but in a positive run script, seeing just 44% of snaps is WORRISOME. Foreman is more assimilated with the offense after a week I guess as he went from 1 to 38% of snaps. If favored, Ford should not be of interest.
- These WRs are a crap shoot, as Jeudy/Moore have 20% target shares, and Cooper 23.5%, At least jeudy/Cooper have respectable aDOTs of 13, but idk if I can trust Moores tiny aDOT, unless you really need a punt play, and playing on PPR site, his elevated targets last week could be because of no Njoku too.
- Etienne finished with 17 opps (4 targets), you definitely want that over 20 opps for a premium RB, but he still had a 70% snap count so he'll have more moments to improve.
- Lawrence is actually similar to Richardson in performance this year. Both have about 50% completeion%, and both are top 5 (T-3rd) in air yards per attempt. I say this because all 3 WRs are getting sufficient playing time, and all 3 have aDOTs of atleast 15... idk who it will be, but eventually we will have a slate breaker imo. Even TE Strange last week had a 13.5 aDOT on 6 targets...which is something to be mindful of if Engram is out again.

- I guess the raiders backfield is on the no select list. they were pretty much in a pass script/neutral at best for most of this game (like Wk1), and Zamir went from 38 to 63% of snaps, and Mattison went from 60 to 22% of snaps... and Mattison was the TD getter.. LOL. Neither had many opps, and I'm not going here until further notice.
- Minshew is quietly the leader in air yards/attempt, and T-2nd in completion%. I know it's only 2 weeks though. Adams has a good 26.5% target share, with an 11 aDOT, he is a consistent floor, and obviously has upside.
- Finally a TE we can talk about, Bowers to start the year has a 25% target share, #3 amongst all TEs (screw you Henry), with an ok aDOT of 5.6. He is the #2 option on that team, and should be a top 3 option at the position most weeks already.
- WTF Baltimore... switch my survivor from HOU to you at like 1145AM~. Anyway. Can we trust Henry? They had a positive to neutral run script, and he had 19 opps (1 target), which seems great, but that feels like a ceiling to me... because in other scripts, Hill will get more playing time. Maybe a 3TD game will come, but he is to expensive on PPR sites imo.
- I said not to chase Likely, and him and Andrews may see-saw, but spike weeks are in there for the 2 of them, idk if I will chase though unless priced appropriately, or other circumstances arise.
- Flowers for a floor/ceiling combo, Bateman for HR potential. 30%/7.5, and 13%/17.5.

- Rams are effed. Kyrens 80% snap count in a blowout, and 17 opps (5 targets) makes me think he has a pretty safe floor, but when priced around Achane/Kamara/Gibbs/etc, it's hard to want ot go here over there.
- At WR I still like Robison, he lead in aDOT last week, and there's nobody else, Atwell/Johnson >>> Whittington next, but they are all cheap, and why I think I'd just stick to robinson.
- Parkinson is cheap with more target volume injured on this team, and he played 80%+ of snaps.
- Game was a blowout, so 22 opps (1 target), seems improvable with Conners small 62% snap count, but I see him more as safety over ceiling.
- Even in a blowout, it's great to see Harrison have a 38%/18.75 aDOT... those are incredible numbers even if slightly reduced.
- McBride is finally another TE we can talk about. He finished wk 2 with a 28.5%/5.5 stat line, and is arguably the 1st or 2nd option on that team.

- Moss hitting 80% of snaps is great, having just 13 opps (1 target) is not... I think that combination should be very hard to come by again, and at the right price believe he is still a value option.
- Every WR's aDOT was terrible last week, and no WR had a target share over 18%... that makes me worried if a chase owner, and we can't really pay a premium for that.
- Gesicki however finished with a solid 26.5% target share, and a good TE aDOT of 7. He's the target share leader through 2 weeks, and almsot the aDOT leader too, wow.
- I'm thinking no Pacheco ='s more Mahomes pass attempts, and I want to be on that before others. Rice's aDOt of 6 isn't great, but 30% target share from Mahomes I'll eat up all day and will lock him in where I can. Kelce feels bad paying a premium for as through 2 weeks, he has just a 14% target share, I don't think that'll last, but why pay up?

- Swift was bottled up A LOT. Still good to see an avg of 68% snaps, and 19 opps (5 targets) last week. That's really good for a guy in the 5K's still.
- We'll see if allen is back or not, but without him in Moore had a 29.5%/11 stat line, which is really good. Odunze/Kmet were fine options too, at 15% each and 12.5/9 respectively.
- No Mixon? Ogunbowale, Akers, maybe Pierce? Don't really love any of them, and maybe like the Pacheco effect, we see more pass attempts out of Stroud. Collins had a lot of success post Stroud buying time/rolling out, but he's still my go to, and has a solid 27.5%/13.5 stat line. I don't see how you can pay for Diggs when Dell is much cheaper and has a massive aDOT game (13.5 to 5.5).

-Bijan finished with 19 opps (5 targets -- now in each of his games), in a relatively slow game, totaling 123 yards. I think he's a solid option most weeks.
- Mooney/London/Ray-Ray all practically played 100% of snaps last week (wow). Mooney/London had 24% target shares, but Mooneys aDOT of 16 vastly beats Londons 7.5, which is similar to Wk1 too... I like London, but Mooney needs to be considered at a cheaper price point, and possibly stashed in some leagues.
- Barkley from 80 to 90% of snaps... please stay healthy as I am invested in you lol... he finished with 27 opps (5 targets), and had a TD called back at the half a yard line (did get the 2pt conversion though) Imo he will be fighting for overall RB1 status by years end and can be played mostly every week.
- W/o Brown, Smith had a great 34.5%/10.5 stat line line is too good for his price... sign it up.
- Geodert finally had depth!, maybe its the brown injury, idk, but 9.5 aDOT is good for a TE, I wish he was a bit cheaper, because his targets aren't always there, but he is a good pivot off those around him (like likely/andrews).

Thurs Night/Showdown Slate

NEP@NYJ

Pats have a good P/RB matchup.
Jets have a good P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Brissett has a meh pressure rate situation.
Pace of play is T-11th (bad).

- Notes

Dammit bro, I’m doing my best not to think bout nfl till like Sunday morning but I can’t get enough of reading this stuff you post, it is fucking awesome. I know you know this but I’ll still keep saying it. Appreciate you sharing this work w us, makes my life so much easier!!

I’m really feeling Houston but they gotta stop settling for/kicking so many damn fgs! It hasn’t hurt them yet (cept for ats it killing anyone betting them) they easily coulda blown out both teams they faced but they kick so many fucking fgs it’s maddening, we get it your kicker is awesome that doesn’t mean we need to see him 5x a game unless it extra points! Shit gonna burn them when they play a good team.

We been talking bout this in one thread or another but figure this a good place to bring it up. The colts seem to have a real issue stopping the run and I really think part the issue that could continue being a big problem AR15 isn’t a consistent enough passer to keep his teams drives going so the d is getting left out on the field a bunch! You would think that something the progressively wears them down more and more. Running backs vs colts gotta be a target going forward. Swift gets his chance this week, I’ve always wanted to see him in a lead back 15-20 touch spot, of course lot the reason he hasn’t been he has had issues staying healthy, he healthy now tho, if he gets the touches he got vs Houston d he could have a monster game this week!

Some of these TTRs/OURanks may change slightly as sunday approaches. I am gone this weekend, hoping to be home sunday late morning, so may be late on adding/changing stuff --- busy weekends to start the football year unfortunately, but it is making be get these down earlier, which could be helping.

Sun 1PMs/Main Slate

HOU@MIN

Texans have a meh RB matchup, bad P matchup.
Vikings have a good RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Stroud has a good pressure rate situation.
Texans TTR is 6th (good).
Vikings TTR is 14th.
Pace of play is 9th (meh), O/U Rank is 4th.

- Notes

PHI@NOS

Eagles have a bad P/RB matchup.
Saints have a great P/RB matchup.
Carr has a great pressure rate situation.
Eagles TTR is T-7th (good).
Saints TTR is 2nd (good).
Pace of play is 14th (bad), O/U Rank is 2nd (good).

- Notes

NYG@CLV

Giants have a good RB matchup, bad P matchup.
Browns have a great P/RB matchup.
Jones has a bad pressure rate situation.
Watson has a good pressure rate situation.
Giants TTR is 24th (bad/last).
Browns TTR is T-12th.
Pace of play is 3rd. O/U Rank is 10th (bad).

- Notes

DEN@TBB

Broncos have a great RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Bucs have a good P matchup, bad RB matchup.
Nix has a bad pressure rate situation.
Broncos TTR is T-22nd (bad).
Bucs TTR is T-9th (good).
Pace of play is 10th (bad), O/U Rank is 9th (meh).

- Notes

LAC@PIT

Chargers have a bad P/RB matchup.
Steelers have a bad P/RB matchup.
Chargers TTR is 21st (meh).
Steelers TTR is T-17th (meh).
Pace of play is 16th (bad/last). O/U Rank is 12th (bad/last).

- Notes

GBP@TEN

Packers have a good RB matchup, bad P matchup.
Titans have a good P matchup, bad RB matchup.
Willis has a great pressure rate situation (I think this accounts for loves gm1/willis gm2 --- they barely threw it too).
Levis has a meh pressure rate situation.
Packers TTR is T-22nd (bad).
Titans TTR is 16th (meh).
Pace of play is 15th (bad). O/U Rank is 11th (bad).

- Notes

CHI@IND

Bears have a great P matchup, good RB matchup.
Colts have a bad P/RB matchup.
Williams has a meh pressure rate situation.
Richardson has a good pressure rate situation.
Bears TTR is 15th.
Colts TTR is T-12th.
Pace of play is 1st (great). O/U Rank is 5th.

- Notes

4PMs/Main Slate (Cont.)

CAR@LVR

Panthers have a good RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Raiders have a great P/RB matchup.
Dalton has a meh pressure rate situation (young skews this)
Minshew has a great pressure rate situation.
Panthers TTR is 20th (meh).
Raiders TTR is T-9th (good).
Pace of play is 7th (meh). O/U Rank is 8th (meh).

- Notes

MIA@SEA

Dolphins have a good RB matchup, bad P matchup.
Seahawks have a great P matchup, bad RB matchup.
Thompson has a great pressure rate situation. (Tua skews this)
Geno has a bad pressure rate situation.
Dolphins TTR is T-17th.
Seahawks TTR is 11th.
Pace of play is 5th. O/U Rank is 7th (meh).

- Notes

BAL@DAL

Ravens have a great RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Cowboys have a great P matchup, bad RB matchup.
Lamar has a bad pressure rate situation.
Dak has a great pressure rate situation.
Ravens TTR is T-3rd (good).
Cowboys TTR is T-7th (good).
Pace of play is 2nd (good). O/U Rank is 3rd (good).

- Notes

DET@ARI

Lions have a good P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Cards have a good P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Goff has a good pressure rate situation.
Kyler has a meh pressure rate situation.
Lions TTR is 1st (great).
Cards TTR is T-3rd (good).
Pace of play is 6th (meh). O/U Rank is 1st (great).

- Notes

SFO@LAR

49ers have a great P/RB matchup.
Rams have a good RB matchup, meh P matchup.
49ers TTR is T-3rd (good).
Rams TTR is 19th (meh).
Pace of play is 8th (meh). O/U Rank is 6th.

- Notes

Dammit bro, I’m doing my best not to think bout nfl till like Sunday morning but I can’t get enough of reading this stuff you post, it is fucking awesome. I know you know this but I’ll still keep saying it. Appreciate you sharing this work w us, makes my life so much easier!!

No problem man, keeps me going!

Sunday Night/Showdown Slate

KCC@ATL

Chiefs have a good P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Falcons have a great RB matchup, and meh P matchup.
Pace of play is 4th.

- Notes

Monday Night/2 Game Slate

JAC@BUF

Jaguars have a meh RB matchup, bad P matchup.
Bills have a good P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Jags TTR is 4th
Bills TTR is 2nd (good).
Pace of play is T-11th (bad). O/U Rank is 2nd.

- Notes

WAS@CIN

Commanders have a great RB matchup, meh P matchup.
Bengals have a great P matchup, meh RB matchup.
Daniels has a bad pressure rate situation.
Burrow has a good pressure rate situation.
Commanders TTR is 3rd.
Bengals TTR is 1st (great).
Pace of play is 13th (bad). O/U Rank is 1st (good).

- Notes

Back