CWS

29mph blowing straight out. This should be interesting. Not sure how this stays Under.

With that said Floridas starter is nails. Gonna be a tough game for LSU to pull off but I wouldnt get in front of em at this point. Lezzzzzgeauxxx!
If you see the wind speeds tomorrow, please let me know

Was windy as fuck here today, which hasn't been the norm. Looks like the weather reports say 12 MPH out of the north for tomorrow night, which is straight out to RF.

I assume Skenes will be available for something like a bullpen session tomorrow, maybe 50-60 pitches or so?

Dude's a fucking horse. Any team that drafts him isn't going to have him throw in games this year anyway unless they're retarded. This is it, run him out there.

For the natty, on 3 days rest? I'd be shocked if he doesn't start and throw 100+ pitches again.
Guessing there are a couple MLB teams that don't want to see that happen

Would be irresponsible for the coach to do it but championships yo!

I'd think 5-6 innings would be ok

NCAA sure does know how to do virtually nothing right though so you might be correct cub

If you have a guy pitch once a week all year, surely you can ride him harder the last week in Omaha for a natty.

If you have a guy pitch once a week all year, surely you can ride him harder the last week in Omaha for a natty.
Think it's more about conditioning than rest, reason starters in MLB are just now seeing the end of the 6th and into the 7th in late June these days

Last I checked NCAA trophies aren't worth much when it comes to contracts, guy will most likely end up needing TJ at some point but hope he can avoid a 2nd one. Not like he needs to prove anything to anyone

Hesalreadydead.jpg
The next Andrew Miller?

Memory is shoddy at best but that's the last stud in Omaha I remember expecting big things from and he found his niche as a reliever

Hell I'm sure you'll correct me but David Price is the only one I remember there that became a star for a few years

Those Ben McDonald baseball cards were gonna pay for someone's college

Will be interesting to see what they do with Skenes. I imagine if he goes, it'll be 75 tops. I can see both sides to the argument on whether to pitch him or not. Tough spot to be in

Reactions: KJ
Line keeps creeping up and I'm not comfortable betting any of it til wind is known

If it's as Cub described it would be and out to right, over is likely how I'm going after it

So it's appears to be Hurd v Caglianone

Couple important factors for me...Hurd a righty and Caglianone a lefty. If wind is indeed blowing out to right at a reasonable rate, advantage lefty hitters v Hurd to start out. We know it will be short ropes for both.

Side note that Riley Cooper out of the pen for LSU might be a question mark. He had a stomach bug yesterday and didn't leave his hotel room. #Bugaha

That was a fun ride.
Gotta trust Scott Woodward in all things, and what an absolute NAB to get him from TAMU and bring him home.
Hires Brian Kelly, beat Bama and win the SEC West year 1
Hire Kim Mulkey and National Championship year 2
Hire Jay Johnson and National Championship year 2

On a tear

To be fair, Jay inherited a star studded team. His biggest contribution IMO has been insane results from a weathered pitching staff. Obviously, Skenes, White and Hurd out of the portal are vital championship pieces. Mainly just ecstatic we gracefully exited Pulmonary (Paul Manieri) stage right and managed to allow Crews and Morgan and the gang to grab the title they deserved. The highest number I saw going back a year ago was +650 for LSU Natty. Glad the oddsmakers were right.

Reactions: KJ
To be fair, Jay inherited a star studded team. His biggest contribution IMO has been insane results from a weathered pitching staff. Obviously, Skenes, White and Hurd out of the portal are vital championship pieces. Mainly just ecstatic we gracefully exited Pulmonary (Paul Manieri) stage right and managed to allow Crews and Morgan and the gang to grab the title they deserved. The highest number I saw going back a year ago was +650 for LSU Natty. Glad the oddsmakers were right.
Reality is that LSU, Wake and Florida were the only #1 ranked teams all season (I think) and this was the rare event where those who were the best were actually the best in the NCAA in any sport. We obviously see it often in NBA and NFL but rarely in the NCAA with such short life lines in their championships. Those were the best three bar none.

We agree mostly
But to restore it and not just “get there”

That’s everything

Reality is that LSU, Wake and Florida were the only #1 ranked teams all season (I think) and this was the rare event where those who were the best were actually the best in the NCAA in any sport. We obviously see it often in NBA and NFL but rarely in the NCAA with such short life lines in their championships. Those were the best three bar none.
Reality is LSU vs Wake was the Championship

No disrespect to FLA at all

But it’s clear

Yeah Wake was actually the only team that was #1 besides LSU the entire season.

LSU lost 3 great pitchers in Taylor, Edwards and Shores. Turned out to be a gift as the other pitchers elevated their games in the postseason. Watched and followed all 7 championship teams but this one was special in a far more competitive era.

Half the starters have a real shot at MLB careers. Humble team players surrounded by this level of talent is extremely rare.
GEAUX TIGERS! Woody for Prez!

Back