Cutler to be traded.

I agree, Mully. Funny, I think Tenny would be perfect for that guy. But they just gave Collins that contract, and they might have the tendency to coddle him since he's kind of 'the' guy in that town.

Funny thing is, NY wants him, but I'm not sure how well he'd do with the pressure in NY whether he cleans it up or not.

The Browns and Redskins do have some leverage over the Jets. Both teams can offer a serviceable QB in a package deal. I believe Chris Simms is the lone QB on Denver's roster. This year's QB class is weak IMO, so Denver might not just want draft picks.

Denver might not just want draft picks.

ESPNews had the Broncos' beat reporter on earlier today, that's exactly what she said. The Broncos want more than draft picks, they want a player or two.

I swear I think Washington and Chicago have the ability to pull this off. Chicago may not want to, but I don't see a problem with sending them Orton, another player, and a high pick. You can carp about it if you're a Bronco fan, but it gives McDaniels the ability to coach up one guy who's arguably never had it and draft another to groom him. It would also give McDaniels some job security while he grooms 'his' guy.

Denver needs to find a direction first. Are they re-building or trying to win now? Garcia is still an option for at least a year at QB.

If I were Cutler, I wouldn't have acted like a prick to Pat Bowlen. But more pertinent to this thread, I would want the Vikings.

Solid OL which leads into a solid run game, decent WRs (I think Rice and Berrian have talent), and a good defense (something he never had in Denver).

If I were Cutler, I wouldn't have acted like a prick to Pat Bowlen. But more pertinent to this thread, I would want the Vikings.

Solid OL which leads into a solid run game, decent WRs (I think Rice and Berrian have talent), and a good defense (something he never had in Denver).

AD is a STUD...play action w/Cutler...DAMN......................:tiphat:

Minnesota with AD and Cutler would be turnover central, AD cant hold on to the ball and Cutler throws like 2 picks a game

Can't believe this mess...

Besides Cutlers backtracking statements now...the fact that Denver would announce he is on block and then say the bidding will start at 2 first round picks...

Nice way of positioning yourself Denver.

They say this should be done by tomorrow....hope so...about sick of hearing about it.

They say this should be done by tomorrow....hope so...about sick of hearing about it.

It's the way of media now. Turn on any of the news channels and you'll see them already starting to hyperventilate about who's positioned better to run for president--four years from now.

As soon as this thing started they couldn't wait to shove him into another home to fill some airtime.

Funny thing is, with that asking price, the only team dumb enough to make the deal at any time is Washington, let alone by tomorrow.

Two first rounders, good luck.

Exactly, Washington.

I'll give them 20 and 33 for him and get the tackel at #1.

Would not be too bad of an offense shaping up there.

Heck, I'll even throw in the rights to Mike Williams and Charles Rogers...

You are a generous soul, BAR. Never let anybody tell you any different.

read an interesting thing on either cnn or wsj today saying the lions have so many holes and so many guys they could be looking at they should let the clock expire a couple times and draft 3rd or 4th , still getting a guy they want but saving some money in the process. i like it.

Cutler going to Bears

<CITE class=source>By John Clayton
ESPN.com
</CITE>
<!-- end mod-article-title --><!-- begin story body -->The Chicago Bears pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, a source told ESPN.com.
The Broncos confirmed the move.
Terms of the trade weren't immediately available, but the Bears had to beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to get land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback.

The Broncos had been asking for at least two first-round choices.
Cutler asked to be traded when he found out first-year coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel in a trade with the Patriots.
Cutler had not returned phone calls from the Broncos, according to the team, and had been staying away from the offseason program.

Listening to ESPN 980 in DC, apparently the Skins were very close in the race. Wonder if Jason Campbell will demand a trade now? lol

Now Jason Campbell has been mentioned as trade bait. If the deal doesn't go thru and he stays a Redskin, do you think he pouts and cries and demands a trade? I say he doesn't say shit and acts professionally. Fuck that crying ass bitch Jay Cuntler.

In Denver he could throw it up to marshall and royal and collect the yac.
Chicago receivers wont give him the home run throws or yac.

lol at the vikings

not only do they not get him, but then he goes to the bearS???

too funny

Just talked to some buddies in Chi-town and they dont like it.

Brad Childress is a joke, he had the opp to get Cutler before he wanted out.

But my opinion is thats alot for Cutler, especially since 1st round picks are so valuable.

the deal is cutler and a third for 2 firsts and orton, btw

Winner = Denver.

But this is what happens when you go for so many years without a QB, it almost makes you overpay when you do get one--unless you win the lottery.

I think Jay Cutler is a better QB than Matt Cassell but how the fuck does Cassell get a 2nd and Cutler get two 1sts

I love that it looks like the Broncos look to be going in to this season with Kyle Orton as a starter but they got two high quality picks out of this.

Last edited:
Denver gets the 12th and 18th pick this year.

Hello, Mark Sanchez, welcome to Denver, Colorado. That's where John Elway lives, that's where they brew Coors beer . . .

I think your right JP, Orton isn't great but he is serviceable. Plus he had nothing to work with in Chicago

I don't think Sanchez is going to be at 12, ESPN has been talking all day about how his pro day was outstanding and Kiper and I think maybe McShay are projecting he goes at 8 to Jacksonville now

Nice thing for Chicago is, they just got rid of 2 "what ifs" and 2 guaranteed contracts, but im sure they will make up for it when they give Cutler an extension.

I don't think Sanchez is going to be at 12, ESPN has been talking all day about how his pro day was outstanding and Kiper and I think maybe McShay are projecting he goes at 8 to Jacksonville now
<TABLE class=standard_table cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=whiteback><TD>1</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/detroitlions/profile?team=DET"]Detroit Lions[/URL]</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD>.559</TD><TD>143-113</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/st.louisrams/profile?team=STL"]St. Louis Rams[/URL]</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>.125</TD><TD>.533</TD><TD>136-119-1</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>3</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC"]Kansas City Chiefs[/URL]</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>.125</TD><TD>.537</TD><TD>137-118-1</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>4</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/seattleseahawks/profile?team=SEA"]Seattle Seahawks[/URL]</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>.498</TD><TD>127-128-1</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>5</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE"]Cleveland Browns[/URL]</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>.572</TD><TD>145-108-3</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>6</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/cincinnatibengals/profile?team=CIN"]Cincinnati Bengals[/URL]</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>11 (1 tie)</TD><TD>.281</TD><TD>.553</TD><TD>141-114-1</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>7</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK"]Oakland Raiders[/URL]</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>.313</TD><TD>.520</TD><TD>133-123</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>8</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/jacksonvillejaguars/profile?team=JAC"]Jacksonville Jaguars[/URL]</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>.313</TD><TD>.537</TD><TD>137-118-1</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>9</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB"]Green Bay Packers[/URL]</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>.375</TD><TD>.504</TD><TD>129-127</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>10</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/profile?team=SF"]San Francisco 49ers[/URL]</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>.438</TD><TD>.447</TD><TD>114-141-1</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>11</TD><TD>[URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF"]Buffalo Bills[/URL]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

based on that I can see San Fran, or Buff taking him

As a bear fan I am estatic to FINALLY have a QB lining up behind center. Plus look at the history of 1st round picks by Angelo and company they amount to pretty much nothing. At least here Bears have a legit QB and dont have to worry about drafting a bust.

I think this helps both teams, Denver can get somebody in the draft and the bears now have a QB. If they can land a playmaker WR to go with Hester they will be ok. They have a real good TE combo with Clarke Olsen and a top flight RB with Forte, a pretty formidable offense.

I cannot believe Chicago was that desperate.

Granted, had they waited, Washington would have likely been stupid enough to do something similar, but man, they paid a huge price. Although, the guy's a starting QB.

As for Sanchez, everybody's sucking his nuts right now. But that's because his pro day was yesterday. After Stafford's pro day every one was saying, 'now the Lions really want to take him at one.'

That stuff cools and the reality is, Sanchez has one year of game tape, that's it. He's a project. Period. Doesn't mean he can't be good, but you have a much better chance at a starter sooner with a four-year guy like Stafford.

I still think Hill ends up being the guy in SF. I just do. Jax is saying they're not going to draft a QB (which could be a lie).

I think one of those QBs slips into the teens like Aaron Rogers or Brady Quinn.

Oh, and thank God Cleveland stayed out of this mess.

(Now watch the Bears go win the SB based on an MVP season from Cutler.)

As a bear fan I am estatic to FINALLY have a QB lining up behind center. Plus look at the history of 1st round picks by Angelo and company they amount to pretty much nothing. At least here Bears have a legit QB and dont have to worry about drafting a bust.

I think this helps both teams, Denver can get somebody in the draft and the bears now have a QB. If they can land a playmaker WR to go with Hester they will be ok. They have a real good TE combo with Clarke Olsen and a top flight RB with Forte, a pretty formidable offense.

You're going to be severely dissapointed. I don't classify Cutler as a 'legit' QB. He had two receivers in Denver that were valuable. Now, his #1 is Hester, and his #2 hasn't seen an NFL Field yet (think it's earl bennett). Cutler had one of the best offensive lines in football, if not the best, then the best as far as youth and potential goes. That, and he had a consistent running game.

I think if you put Grossman or Orton over in Denver the past few seasons, they prolly put up the same #'s. Maybe not Orton cuz he can't throw the deep ball, but all this talk of the Bears needing a QB and all that jazz, i'm like ok, go out and get one but you got absolutely positively no one to throw the ball too.

play 1 Handoff up middle to forte
play 2 sweep forte
play 3 draw forte
play 4 screen to forte
play 5 line up forte at WR and throw to him

i'm going under bears win total this year. i can't wait.

I cannot believe Chicago was that desperate.

Granted, had they waited, Washington would have likely been stupid enough to do something similar, but man, they paid a huge price. Although, the guy's a starting QB.

In order to win in this league you have to have stability at QB position imo. Cutler gives the Bears this for the first time since the first depression. You can say they overpaid but my thinking is Cutler > Orton the draft picks who knows what will happen. Chicago brass does much better with late picks in drafts.

You're going to be severely dissapointed. I don't classify Cutler as a 'legit' QB. He had two receivers in Denver that were valuable. Now, his #1 is Hester, and his #2 hasn't seen an NFL Field yet (think it's earl bennett). Cutler had one of the best offensive lines in football, if not the best, then the best as far as youth and potential goes. That, and he had a consistent running game.

I think if you put Grossman or Orton over in Denver the past few seasons, they prolly put up the same #'s. Maybe not Orton cuz he can't throw the deep ball, but all this talk of the Bears needing a QB and all that jazz, i'm like ok, go out and get one but you got absolutely positively no one to throw the ball too.

play 1 Handoff up middle to forte
play 2 sweep forte
play 3 draw forte
play 4 screen to forte
play 5 line up forte at WR and throw to him

i'm going under bears win total this year. i can't wait.

The Bears TEs are head and shoulders above Denver same with the running game gimme a break. Denver was down to 8th string with RB last year. I will take my chances with Cutler at the position. Look at Orton after he was hurt he had qb ratings of under 60 most of the way. I said they need a WR now and their offense will be plenty good.

Their defense is going to need to play better to make them a complete team.

Back