Cutler to be traded.

t-dot

Pretty much a regular
Breaking News

Denver plans to deal QB Cutler

The Broncos' owner says the team is shopping Jay Cutler after both sides couldn't end their feud.

They tried to work it out to no avail.

Jets?

Heres what the Lions should do but of course they wont because it just makes too much sense, and no sports team do this anymore (actually make moves that make too much sense)
Trade the 20th pick and a 2nd round pick next year for Cutler
Draft Jason Smith with the #1 overall pick.
Draft a pass catching TE in the 2nd round like Travis Beckum/Chase Coffman

You now have your franchise QB, while also solidifying his blind side for the next 10 years. And you team up the scariest WR in the game, with a QB who has a rocket for an arm.
2nd round, you draft a guy like Travis Beckum

If I was Cutler I would love to be traded to the Lions in all honesty. Him and Calvin Johnson teamed up would just be ridiculous. I would even go out on a limb and say it would be better than Culpepper/Moss in their primes.

Come to Philly, lol

Please don't even joke like that. I can only imagine that trainwreck.

Signal's right, he should want to go to D-Town in some ways.

Bowlen Says Broncos Will Trade Cutler

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 9:14 p.m.
Wow.
The calendar doesn’t yet say April 1, but we’re not sure that the Broncos haven’t gotten a head start on the process.
In a statement released Tuesday night, owner Pat Bowlen says that the team will accommodate quarterback Jay Cutler’s request for a trade:
“Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by [coach] Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful.
“A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.
“We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”
Did we say, “Wow”?
If there was any doubt, the auction is open. Let the bidding begin.

The problem, however, is that unless a Denver wants to bring in any of the dozen or so unsigned veterans for a year or two, you kind of have to give them a QB in return.

As a Browns fan, this worries me. Because I don't want Cutler.

How about Cutler for VY & a pick?

who the hells running the broncos?

this off season has been nothing short of a trainwreck for them

:36_11_6:

The statement from Bowlen seals the fact that they HAVE TO TRADE Cutler...meaning no team in their right mind will give up fair market value...another DUMB MOVE.

The problem, however, is that unless a Denver wants to bring in any of the dozen or so unsigned veterans for a year or two, you kind of have to give them a QB in return.

As a Browns fan, this worries me. Because I don't want Cutler.

How about Cutler for VY & a pick?

They have Phil Simms' kid...as a Raider fan would LOVE to see Denver go into the season with Simms and VY @ QB.

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:155867" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=http://www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

This is a very easy trade for both the Lions and the Bronco's. Lions send the number #1 overall pick to Denver. Denver imho gets the short end of the stick becaue the 1 is never guaranteed. But it enables Denver to groom the QB of there choice, or you make a deal with Cleveland and get whatever guy there willing to part with and you still have the number 1 pick more than likely.

If your detroit you then draft nothing but defense and offensive line in the draft. If you do this you do know worse than 7-9 next year.

Last edited:
This is a very easy trade for both the Lions and the Bronco's. Lions send the number #1 overall pick to Denver. Denver imho gets the short end of the stick becaue the 1 is never guaranteed. But it enables Denver and McDonald to groom the QB of there choice, or you make a deal with Cleveland and get whatever guy there willing to part with and you still have the number 1 pick more than likely.

Problem is I highly doubt the Broncos want the number one overall simply because they don't want to pay that guy whoever it is.

That's why I think the trade for the late first and early second round might be a great one. But again, you have to get Denver a QB somehow.

In a perfect world, from my standpoint, that perfect QB is Derek Anderson. Sadly, I don't think that's happening.

I know Seattle is looking for a Qb.
Dont know if the Lions part with a no.1 for Cutler, but the Hawks would.

San Fran wil probably try to get in the mix as well.

joe how stupid are the browns for not trading anderson at super high value after 2007?

there are really only a few teams who can be potentially involved in this deal...making cutler value in return even less. i really think/hope the lions have a shot to get a qb at a great price after missing out on brees in 04?/05?

joe how stupid are the browns for not trading anderson at super high value after 2007?

In a word? Extremely.

It's also now slowly becoming evident the damage that Savage did to that team in the way he structured contracts, hamstringing the franchise with bloated, cap-heavy deals for guys like Donte Stallworth.

(In fairness, if Donte goes to jail they may be able to get some cap relief, but you see what I'm saying.)

I remember John Clayton talking a few weeks ago how one of the most likely scenarios was a three way deal with Cutler going somewhere, Anderson going to the Broncos and then the Browns getting something from the team who gets Cutler.

I think its gonna have to be a three way unless the Broncos want the 1 to take Stafford

Jason Campbell, a #1 pick, a #3 pick, and a #2 next year for Cutler and the Broncos #2 pick.

Denver takes Sanchez with Washington's pick...

who the hells running the broncos?

this off season has been nothing short of a trainwreck for them
I think the Broncos brass are beginning to miss the leadership of Shanahhan. I doubt Cutler would have acted this way if he was still there.

I think the Broncos brass are beginning to miss the leadership of Shanahhan. I doubt Cutler would have acted this way if he was still there.

If Shanahan was still the head coach we would not be even having this discussion. This all started once Shanny was canned and just intensified when trade talks started with Cassel.

I remember John Clayton talking a few weeks ago how one of the most likely scenarios was a three way deal with Cutler going somewhere, Anderson going to the Broncos and then the Browns getting something from the team who gets Cutler.

Fine with me, as long as it's Anderson and not Quinn. It's not even that I am so sold on Quinn, just that you can't go on not having a QB forever if you intend to win at some point.

If Shanahan was still the head coach we would not be even having this discussion. This all started once Shanny was canned and just intensified when trade talks started with Cassel.

Which is funny because the rumor was Bowlen wanted Shanahan to fire his DC (again) which would have been entirely justified based on the way they finished the season. Shanahan said no, the whole staff got the boot, and here we are.

What if the Bears did Urlacher, Orton and their second.

That's kind of fair. Orton's not that old, McDaniels would have to sign off on it and they still might have to take a QB with their pick--but he could be someone McD could groom and they would have two second round picks to fill their other holes.

Not to mention that they'd suddenly have a hell of a lot more brains on defense with Urlacher and Dawkins back there and Nolan coaching. Could be interesting and it could lessen the 'need' to get a starting QB in return if you knew your defense was suddenly going to be very strong.

They have Phil Simms' kid...as a Raider fan would LOVE to see Denver go into the season with Simms and VY @ QB.

Thats the last thing I wanna see VY on the broncos fuck that.

If VY would have started or even played vs the Ravens in the playoffs then win that game easy :shake:

Nope, I'd be willing to give that up but I'd change the 1st to a 2nd. Denver would have to ask for the 1st.

If you're serious and I was Denver I'd do that trade in two seconds. Though I don't know why you wouldn't try to do the deal without including Orton, do you want to sit him back on the bench as a backup?

Got this from a Raiders forum :36_11_6:

Here are some of the better responses on the Broncos Message Board:

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Awesome...

just awesome

God, this is the worst time for me to have this in the back of my head...

Wow never thought it would happen...

Sooo pissed and depressed

LOL I have 2 Cutler jerseys!!!! One authentic... only game I got to wear it we got blown out 52-something... just awesome

If the Broncos can rebound from this, hahahahaha! (sorry impossibilities make me laugh) much respect.

So much for our best player looks like its rebuilding the rebuilding"

"Just when you thought it was safe to visit the Bronco boards again."

"Does anyone think there is the slightest chance that no one will give up enough pick/players for Jay and he will remain a Bronco?

I'm just trying to be optimistic(sp?)"

"Maybe this is a giant pre-April fools joke!!!! Oh man they got us good right? right guys? :sobs: Hahaha good one guys! :sobs:"

"Let's be clear what is happening and let's not fool ourselves. A hall of fame coach is lost. A QB that could have led this team to a superbowl is gone and those guys are HARD to find.

Denver will wallow in mediocrity for a long time now unless we strike gold somehow. It is a sad day for me, and honestly , if you are a denver fan, with the way this was handled, I dont know how your level of enthusiasm can stay the same.

I have gone from a HUGE Denver fan to maybe just a football fan.

I live in Dallas, I know how hard it was to follow Aikman and that road that even had Quincy Carter as the QB. I am afraid those days are now ahead for us"

"Today is my birthday, and I felt like someone **** in a package and sent it to me for my birthday. What a great present. Damnit, McDaniels screwed everything up from the beginning, Jay would still be in Denver if that idiot hadn't even thought about trading Jay for CassFail. Bowlen is a dumb owner. This all started ever since Shanny got fired. Bowlen has shown he's too immature to make the right choices. I'll still be a Broncos fan but we better get a good QB."

If youre minnesota dont you just say heres my first and my third??

that gets it done id think

and minny is an instant serious super bowl contender

no brainer

unfortunately for vikings fans...childress has no brain, so it wont happen, but it should...

Tommie Harris, Urlacher and the 1stR for Cutler

Agree, minus the 1st round pick. Urlacher is nothing like he used to be but name alone would be enough to make this happen. Harris has been nowhere near close to his 2006 pre injury dominance. Hell get rid of the draft pick and throw Orton in there.

Problem is Jerry Angelo is an idiot especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. He could not see talent if it was hitting him directly in the face. Just have to face the facts the bears will never have a franchise qb under this ownership and management.

no brainer

unfortunately for vikings fans...childress has no brain, so it wont happen, but it should...

You're right about Childress. It would also make mockery out of the Vikings after signing Sage Rosenfels in free agency and STILL making him a backup. I seriously doubt they get involved, but I guarantee the Broncos call.

no brainer

Al Davis esque. Deal was on the table Smoke with Denver and the Pats to send Cassell to Denver, Minny sends picks to Denver, Pats get the picks in return.....Childress nixed it.

You're right about Childress. It would also make mockery out of the Vikings after signing Sage Rosenfels in free agency and STILL making him a backup. I seriously doubt they get involved, but I guarantee the Broncos call.

Thats like saying "No, Im not interested. Why would I want to buy a Porsche for 50 cents on the dollar when I just got this nice Kia??"

Al Davis esque. Deal was on the table Smoke with Denver and the Pats to send Cassell to Denver, Minny sends picks to Denver, Pats get the picks in return.....Childress nixed it.

Hes a stubborn fuck just like his mentor...he was the one telling reid, "no we dont need a stud WR...we have freddie mitchell, todd pinkston and james thrash!!"

and now he has Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, and Bobby Wade! WOO HOO! (But everything is Tavaris' fault)

and now he has Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, and Bobby Wade! WOO HOO! (But everything is Tavaris' fault)

Berrian is an upgrade over every WR besides TO that the eag's had when Childress was there.

As for everything being Tavaris' fault well probably not true but the guy obviously is not cut out to be an nfl qb.

I'd be shocked if the Jets don't throw whatever it takes to get Cutler. But I also think Denver might want to trade him to the NFC.

Where could Cutler end up?
April 1, 2009 12:12 AM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Broncos are serious about their statement that they will trade quarterback Jay Cutler. He is not on the team's depth chart at quarterback on its Web site.
It is over.
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" width="300"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td>
nfl_g_cutler_300.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td align="left">Doug Pensinger/Getty Images</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td align="left">Plenty of teams could use the services of Jay Cutler.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> So here's the next question. Where will Cutler land? Let's handicap the field of possible landing spots for Cutler (with odds in parentheses):
New York Jets (3-1): The Jets have made it known they want to replace Brett Favre with Cutler, another Bus Cook client. The Jets have the No. 17 pick and they would have to give Denver much more to get him. But the Jets showed with the Favre pursuit that they know how to pull off a big deal.
Tampa Bay (3-1): The Buccaneers were one of the first teams to talk to Denver about Cutler in February. They desperately need a quarterback. They have the No. 19 pick, so they might be hard pressed to make a deal.
Detroit (4-1): The Lions have had interest in Cutler since early in this process. They have the No. 1 and No. 20 picks in the draft. However, Detroit could decide to draft Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford instead.
Chicago (5-1): Making such a deal may be out of character for general manager Jerry Angelo, but the Bears need a quarterback and two of their NFC North foes will be going after Cutler. They need to make a push. Chicago has the No. 18 pick.
Cleveland (5-1): The Browns have a good chance of landing Cutler if they want him. They can package Brady Quinn and perhaps defensive tackle Shaun Rogers for Cutler. This could work -- if the Browns want to do it.
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" width="203"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td></td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td align="left">NFL.com Video</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td align="left">The best moments from Jay Cutler in 2008.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Jacksonville (8-1): The Jaguars could use an upgrade over David Garrard. They have the No. 8 pick and could compete with several other packages.
San Francisco (8-1): The 49ers wanted Kurt Warner, so why not Cutler? Expect San Francisco to get in on this race. The 49ers have the No. 10 pick, so it is possible they can give Denver a nice package.
Washington (10-1): I have quietly heard Washington could be involved in a deal for Cutler since the day the trade story broke. The Redskins have said Jason Campbell is their quarterback, but Cutler is a better player and a trade package could involve Campbell. How about Cutler and Mike Shanahan reuniting in the nation's capital in 2010?
Minnesota (12-1): The Vikings were one of the first teams in on Cutler. They have since added Sage Rosenfels, but the idea of Cutler could be tempting.
Tennessee (18-1): This could be a dark horse. Cutler would love to end up in Nashville, where he played in college. But would the Titans do it?
St. Louis (20-1): What better way to start a new era than with a new quarterback. The Rams have other needs, but why not?
Seattle (25-1): Could the Seahawks be intrigued by sending Matt Hasselbeck and the No. 4 pick for Cutler?
Philadelphia (30-1): The Eagles have an aging quarterback and two first-round picks. If they wanted to do it, they could make a nice package.
Kansas City (50-1): This whole saga began when Josh McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel. Perhaps the Chiefs should give McDaniels another chance to take Cassel in a deal for Cutler.

Yeah, if the Browns wanted to give up the anchor on their D-line and their starting QB for a malcontent QB, I'm sure they could do this deal.

It would also be perhaps the worst deal in Browns' history.

Yeah, if the Browns wanted to give up the anchor on their D-line and their starting QB for a malcontent QB, I'm sure they could do this deal.

It would also be perhaps the worst deal in Browns' history.

Bro, I have to disagree with you.

Rogers is a 9 year vet that will soon slow down and Brady Quinn has shown ZERO...how does Cleveland not trade these two for a young QB coming off his 1st Pro Bowl?

I know he's acting like a little bitch but he's a proven elite QB......:shake:

We can disagree on Rogers to a point, but what we can't disagree on is this. Right now the Broncos are switching to a 3-4, and as key to anything in that is that bulk in the middle. Removing Rogers from the Browns, where he went to the Pro Bowl last year, not only cuts the knees out from under what the Browns are trying to do on defense, it helps fix one of the Broncos' biggest problems.

So not only would you be giving them QB help, you'd be helping their defense, too.

My thing with Quinn is, he's had no time to show what he can do. Now, I missed his handful of starts last year, but I can tell you what I have seen from him I like and that I do think he has some room to grow into an NFL starter, maybe a pretty good one.

My problem with Cutler is that he's obviously extremely immature, that he may or may not have a drinking problem, that he might not hold up in Cleveland--and that he'd cost money to get.

The Browns need to pick a course and go with it. This changing directions completely every other year is a joke and that's all Cutler would be, another change, in another direction for no real reason other than to do it.

Berrian is an upgrade over every WR besides TO that the eag's had when Childress was there.

As for everything being Tavaris' fault well probably not true but the guy obviously is not cut out to be an nfl qb.

Oh, I agree Deuce's. LOL. Tarvaris sucks. These guys are running wide open and T-Jack bounces one off Shiancoe for a 3 yard incompletion.

I would LOVE Cutler but wouldn't want to part with Greenway to get it done.

We can disagree on Rogers to a point, but what we can't disagree on is this. Right now the Broncos are switching to a 3-4, and as key to anything in that is that bulk in the middle. Removing Rogers from the Browns, where he went to the Pro Bowl last year, not only cuts the knees out from under what the Browns are trying to do on defense, it helps fix one of the Broncos' biggest problems.

So not only would you be giving them QB help, you'd be helping their defense, too.

My thing with Quinn is, he's had no time to show what he can do. Now, I missed his handful of starts last year, but I can tell you what I have seen from him I like and that I do think he has some room to grow into an NFL starter, maybe a pretty good one.

My problem with Cutler is that he's obviously extremely immature, that he may or may not have a drinking problem, that he might not hold up in Cleveland--and that he'd cost money to get.

The Browns need to pick a course and go with it. This changing directions completely every other year is a joke and that's all Cutler would be, another change, in another direction for no real reason other than to do it.

Great points...I'm of the opinion that wherever Cutler goes he'll "clean up his act" and play balls out...he has to realize his reputation has been tarnished badly.

Back