CTG TRIPLE CROWN HORSE RACING CONTEST--FREE!!—PRIZES!!

Gandolf

Leader of the Van Buren Boys
1D6B4274-B4E4-4A13-BD13-125BB35A8CBF.jpeg

A BRAND NEW CONTEST FOR CTG, CENTERED AROUND THE SPORT OF KINGS AND THE PURSUIT OF THE TRIPLE CROWN.

Here are the contest rules:

- Free to enter
- The contest will run for 9 races through the Triple Crown season.
- Players will be placing an imaginary $2 Win/Place bet on one horse in each of the following Derby prep races:

1) Florida Derby on April 2
2) Arkansas Derby on April 2
3) Jeff Ruby Steaks on April 2
4) Wood Memorial on April 9
5) Blue Grass on April 9
6) Santa Anita Derby on April 9

7) Then for the Kentucky Derby it'll be a $4 Win/Place bet on one horse.

8) Same for the Preakness, a $4 Win/Place bet on one horse.

9) Then for the Belmont Stakes it'll be a $6 Win/Place bet on one horse.

Total $ earned for the 9 races wins the contest.

- Following typical racing contest rules, there will be a cap on single race amounts won as follows:

- For the $2 bets Win $42 max, Place $21 max
- For the $4 bets Win $84 max, Place $42 max
- For the $6 bets Win $126 max, Place $63 max

- Your pick for each race must be submitted by Post Time of the race
- If you do not pick a horse for a race you got zero $ earned for that race.
- If your horse is scratched before Post Time you can submit an alternate horse. If you fail to submit an alternate horse OR if your choice scratches after Post Time your “bet” will be moved to the Post Time favorite.

- Gandolf will put out the list of entries and a pdf of past performances for each race once the post positions are drawn, Typically mid-week for the race in question.

- To make your selection, list the Race Name, Horse Number, AND Horse Name, such as:

Florida Derby
Justify

Arkansas Derby
American Pharoah

Jeff Ruby
Animal Kingdom

- Standings are based on must cumulative dollars won for the 9 races.

-Ties will be broken based on
A) Most number of winners chosen
B) Final position of your Kentucky Derby choice
C) Whoever is closest to the final winning time for the Belmont. We’ll get to that part during Belmont Week.

First prize $50
Second prize $25

- Gandolf will track all the bets and tabulate the scores following each week of bets.

We’ll see you on the Trail!

The Louisiana Derby on Saturday is not part of the contest, but it is a 100 point race for the Derby. As an example, here are the past performances (courtesy of Brisnet) I'll be posting, in case you want some practice.

Attachments

Looking forward to this

Absolutely sucks that in AZ not only can we not bet on races in Cali, we can't even get feeds w/o going the UFC/boxing route

Epicenter going to be tough to beat today. Has the pace advantage and has proven himself on the Fairgrounds dirt. Would need Pioneer of Medina to pressure him, as there's not any other speed in the race. If that happens then Call Me Midnight could repeat his Lecomte upset. The most intriguing shipper to me is Rattle N Roll, who finished 2021 on a strong note at Keeneland and may have needed his effort last month at Gulfstream to get tuned back up. 6-3-9 for a cold trifecta.

Epicenter should win. But not the best horse to play in contests. Galt and Rattle and Roll for me in the exotics.

I actually had $20 to win on Call Me Midnight last time but I don't think he gets the same set up today.

Epicenter looked sharp, rated well and showed a lot in the stretch. He'll be a low price in May.

I'll get the past performances out for the start of the contest next week as soon as they're available. Tell your friends!!

Epicenter looked sharp, rated well and showed a lot in the stretch. He'll be a low price in May.

I'll get the past performances out for the start of the contest next week as soon as they're available. Tell your friends!!
Impressive. That race will help him alot more Derby day than just going to the front and galloping around there. Big time effort.

FYI the field for the Arkansas Derby has been drawn, it'll be a nine horse field. The Florida Derby and Jeff Ruby fields should be drawn today, and then I'll post lists with morning lines and pdfs of the past performances.

Time to diversify your books brother.
I actually care more about seeing the races than anything, especially Santa Anita and Del Mar but any feed on those gets blocked in AZ. Can't even go to Turf Paradise and see them.

OK, Round 1.....this Saturday's races are the Jeff Ruby at Turfway Park, the Florida Derby at Gulfstream and the Arkansas Derby at Oaklawn. Post Times are as follows:

Jeff Ruby Steaks - 6:23 PM EST
Florida Derby - 6:38 PM EST
Arkansas Derby - 7:35 PM EST

Make sure your picks are submitted in time! One selection in each race.

The overnight past performances from Brisnet are attached. Still waiting on a couple of morning lines. I'll post the fields with the morning lines when they're available.

Attachments

Field and Morning Line Odds for the Florida Derby

Strike Hard (20-1)
2. Classic Causeway (7-2)
3. Simplification (5-2)
4. King of Truth (50-1)
5. Pappacap (10-1)
6. Charge It (7-2)
7. White Abarrio (3-1)
8. Cajun’s Magic (30-1)
9. O Captain (20-1)
10. Clapton (30-1)
11. Steal Sunshine (30-1)

Field and Morning Line Odds for the Arkansas Derby

Kavod (15-1)
2. Chasing Time (12-1)
3. Barber Road (6-1)
4. Doppelganger (9-2)
5. Un Ojo (6-1)
6. Secret Oath (5-2)
7. Ben Diesel (20-1)
8. Cyberknife (8-1)
9. We The People (7-2)

Field and Morning Line Odds for the Jeff Ruby

Royal Spirit (10-1)
2. Stolen Base (7-2)
3. Cabo Spirit (12-1)
4. Rich Strike (20-1)
5. Tawny Port (6-1)
6. Great Escape (15-1)
7. Tiz the Bomb (2-1)
8. Red Run (6-1)
9. Dowagiac Chief (8-1)
10. Optigogo (30-1)
11. Constitutionlawyer (50-1)
12. Blackadder (15-1) - NOTE - Blackadder is expected to scratch and enter the Blue Grass next week
13. Swing Shift (15-1) - NOTE - Swing Shift is currently an Alternate Entry but figures to draw in when Blackadder is scratched.

Last edited:
My Picks

Florida Derby
White Abarrio

Arkansas Derby
Cyberknife

Jeff Ruby
Tawny Port

Florida Derby
Strike Hard

Arkansas Derby
Ben Diesel

The Jeff Ruby
Rich Strike

I'll See YOU At The Races. Good Day Everybody!

Still about 5+ hours to post. Plenty of time to get your picks for today in. As noted above #12 Blackadder did scratch out of the Jeff Ruby, and #13 Swing Shift drew in. No other changes in the three races, and no one has chosen Blackadder, so that's good!

Back