PLAY #2
Denver -1/Under 54.5 Teaser ($500)

Lex

Bankroll $10,0000

Play # 1

Ravens/Broncos u48.5 $600

Play #2

parlay Broncos-7/Pats/Bills o51/Cowboys-3.5 $200

Absolutely ridiculous that the plays have to be posted here and not by pm, unlike the baseball contest their is a wager amount factor that should be kept private.

meh...I think it's equally ridiculous to be outspoken about something so trivial in what amounts to a friendly wager contest...it should only be an issue down the line when it's been said plays can be PM'd later in the season...if you are worried about your plays being tailed wait until moments before gametime to post them and your problem is solved....

No logic whatsoever in having the last 3 weeks done by pm but not the others.

LOL no I wasn't worried about anyone tailing my picks but rather fading me.

Question on rules, can I enter an open teaser/parlay and do I have to enter all my picks at once ?

Some General Rules from the other thread:
$10,000 to start for each participant
Minimum of 2 bets per week, maximum of 4 (point spreads and totals only, no MLs)

• Can play 1 parlay (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team parlays will pay 2.6/1
    • 3 team parlays will pay 6/1
  • Can play 1 teaser (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team teasers are 6 pts and -120
    • 3 team teasers are 10 pts and -130
  • Minimum amount for wager is $100, there is no maximum

If you run out of money at any point, you are eliminated…there are no “re-buys”

Lines will be posted on Wednesday, would like to do them on Thursday but with the Thursday night game I want to give everyone enough time to post plays if they're playing the Thursday nighter. No ML plays, I will have to put that in the rules. Just point spreads and totals. (this would indicate to me you don't have to be posted by Thursday night, as long as you're time stamped before Sunday kickoffs, I would assume you could post throughout, just an assumption, correct me if I am wrong!)

Agree with the thoughts about the PMs, kinda what I was originally thinking...that when it gets down to crunch-time is when PMs should be utilized. Let's call it week 15 forward, so it will be the last 3 weeks.

Unless anyone has a better place, or an objection to which lines I am using, I plan on taking the lines from the LV Hilton, as posted on vegasinsider.com at midnight on Wednesday night and post the lines then (or by Wed morning at the latest). Lines will be up shortly for week 1. I will put the lines in a separate thread, and make a new thread each week. Good luck all, I hope this is a fun and competitive little handicapping league.

Anyone who hasn't joined yet, please do as you still have time. You can join up until the kickoff of the final game on Monday Night Football, as you would still be able to make the minimum 2 plays. (this would really indicate you could play up until kickoff of any game)

:shake:

Do picks need to be in before Thursday nights kickoff ? Also can we sticky this please.

Thanks

As long as picks are made before the game you're wagering kicks off, you are good. There are time stamps so shouldn't be any chicanery going on.

Some General Rules from the other thread:
$10,000 to start for each participant
Minimum of 2 bets per week, maximum of 4 (point spreads and totals only, no MLs)

• Can play 1 parlay (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team parlays will pay 2.6/1
    • 3 team parlays will pay 6/1
  • Can play 1 teaser (2 or 3 team) in your 4 plays
    • 2 team teasers are 6 pts and -120
    • 3 team teasers are 10 pts and -130
  • Minimum amount for wager is $100, there is no maximum

If you run out of money at any point, you are eliminated…there are no “re-buys”

Lines will be posted on Wednesday, would like to do them on Thursday but with the Thursday night game I want to give everyone enough time to post plays if they're playing the Thursday nighter. No ML plays, I will have to put that in the rules. Just point spreads and totals. (this would indicate to me you don't have to be posted by Thursday night, as long as you're time stamped before Sunday kickoffs, I would assume you could post throughout, just an assumption, correct me if I am wrong!)

Agree with the thoughts about the PMs, kinda what I was originally thinking...that when it gets down to crunch-time is when PMs should be utilized. Let's call it week 15 forward, so it will be the last 3 weeks.

Unless anyone has a better place, or an objection to which lines I am using, I plan on taking the lines from the LV Hilton, as posted on vegasinsider.com at midnight on Wednesday night and post the lines then (or by Wed morning at the latest). Lines will be up shortly for week 1. I will put the lines in a separate thread, and make a new thread each week. Good luck all, I hope this is a fun and competitive little handicapping league.

Anyone who hasn't joined yet, please do as you still have time. You can join up until the kickoff of the final game on Monday Night Football, as you would still be able to make the minimum 2 plays. (this would really indicate you could play up until kickoff of any game)

:shake:

Yes, you are correct...just like the baseball contest that Alex runs, you can post your plays anytime before the game you're betting kicks off.

No logic whatsoever in having the last 3 weeks done by pm but not the others.

LOL no I wasn't worried about anyone tailing my picks but rather fading me.

Question on rules, can I enter an open teaser/parlay and do I have to enter all my picks at once ?

You can use an open teaser/parlay, can't carry over to another week though.

Thanks Lareux, looks like you started something pretty good here.

Thanks. There are only 16 entrants right now though, we've gotta get most of the regulars on here to get in this before Monday. I was hoping to get closer to 30-40 people at least for the first year.

I also like the format that you guys have started with. It's very easy to read and does the job well. Going forward, maybe everyone can use that format, it would be appreciated!

WOW hopefully by Sunday that doubles, signing up now myself. Wonder if $50 would have drawn in more people.

Obviously the name of this should be changed to Pick Club IV and clearly Lareux was way on point when he stated he would so do a better job than I did when I ran Pick Club years 1-3.

Obviously the name of this should be changed to Pick Club IV and clearly Lareux was way on point when he stated he would so do a better job than I did when I ran Pick Club years 1-3.

Lol. I've done this in the past and we had divisions and head to head betting each week (so it was more like a league), but I didn't want to do all that this year, wanted to see how many people got in and figured I'd make it a bit simpler. Maybe next year, we can try the actual league format out...it was pretty cool and a bunch of fun, but there were only 10 guys in the league, much like fantasy football. Maybe we can have a few different leagues for different buy ins next year with the other format.

PressBux $10K

Play 1:
NE/Buffy Under 51 $100

Play 2:
Sea/Car under 45 $100

Play 3:
Houston -4 $100

Since I'm not that bright, the vig will automatically be taken or do I need to represent my plays at -110?

HBomb
Bankroll $10,000

PLAY #1
Baltimore/Denver Under 48.5 ($700)

PLAY #2
Denver -1/Under 54.5 Teaser ($500)

Play #3
Oakland +9.5 ($300)

Play #4
Jacksonville +3.5 ($300)

**I just continued my plays because I didn't know if we were keeping juice tabs or not**

Last edited:
My bad Egg. Thanks. Was thinking 6 for some reason. You should know I can barely read, regardless.

PressBux $10K

Play 1:
NE/Buffy Under 51 $100

Play 2:
Sea/Car under 45 $100

Play 3:
Houston -4 $100

Since I'm not that bright, the vig will automatically be taken or do I need to represent my plays at -110?

I will take out the vig. You can write it 110/100 if you wish though. Up to you....

Lareux
Bankroll $10,000

Play #1

NO -3 ($100)

Play #2

NE +.5
Ind +.5
Cle +9 ($200)

Joe Public
Bankroll $10,000

Play 1:
STL/AZ over 41.5 ($100)