CTG 2008 Fantasy Football League

btw if both fill and we don't have enough for another league... i could drop the 50 and let someone else in. we'll see closer to draft time

IDP leagues are only for serious players that dont buy fantasy magazines.

Team defense is the stupidest thing in all of fantasy sports.
It does however keep the weaklings coming back for more each year.

What is available? I would like to be in one or both of the second leauges. BAR could let me know whats going on?

Thanks Bar! I would love to play against the same gang. I would like to get in a fifty leauge too, regardless of which one. I had a great time last year.

I will be in for $50. Since you don't have to be 12 years old and 20 hours online each day to join blankets league.

I will be in for $50. Since you don't have to be 12 years old and 20 hours online each day to join blankets league.
lol.
did you even ask to play? I wouldn't know cause you hide your identity. We just don't want a buncha people that we don't like in the league. :shake:

Thanks Bar....You da Man!

I dont think I can pick up Adran Peterson in the fifth round this year.

I am for def players(3). a lot of skill goes into a lineup and its more fun when whatching the games.

We should do a "BIG BOY" league for $500, Winner takes all .

What are the settings for league #3? Can we get an updated roster of that league?

I'm down for $50, $100, whatever.

What are the settings for league #3? Can we get an updated roster of that league?

I'm down for $50, $100, whatever.

Settings from last year's leagues are posted in the other fantasy thread. I dunno if they are using last year's settings or not. I don't think we had any problems with last year's $100 league. I just didn't like the unlimited transactions.

Settings from last year's leagues are posted in the other fantasy thread. I dunno if they are using last year's settings or not. I don't think we had any problems with last year's $100 league. I just didn't like the unlimited transactions.

How do we address the transactions? i think we should use wavier positions.

I vote for option 2 and to address the waiver wire pickups. It was stupid that you have to sit by the computer and watch for injuries. I felt like a few people were really able to benifit from picking up during the games.

I vote for option 2 and to address the waiver wire pickups. It was stupid that you have to sit by the computer and watch for injuries. I felt like a few people were really able to benifit from picking up during the games.

It would be ideal if we could have all players put on waivers from Sunday thru Tuesday AM to address this, but I don't know if its possible on Yahoo.

I do agree, though. I felt like my team was hurt a bit because I was out watching the games at a sports bar, whereas I used to be home watching and able to run up to my computer.

It would be ideal if we could have all players put on waivers from Sunday thru Tuesday AM to address this, but I don't know if its possible on Yahoo.

I do agree, though. I felt like my team was hurt a bit because I was out watching the games at a sports bar, whereas I used to be home watching and able to run up to my computer.

Yea I remember we talked about this last year, and I couldn't switch the settings on YAHOO!. Maybe it's different this year, I dunno. The best bet would just to do our own waiver system where no one can randomly pick up players. Anyone who wants someone would put in a private waiver claim to the commish, and it would be determined on Thursday or Friday if they got the player.

But that's a lot of work on the commish...

Yea I remember we talked about this last year, and I couldn't switch the settings on YAHOO!. Maybe it's different this year, I dunno. The best bet would just to do our own waiver system where no one can randomly pick up players. Anyone who wants someone would put in a private waiver claim to the commish, and it would be determined on Thursday or Friday if they got the player.

That's why the commish gets paid the big bucks...
:36_11_6:
I agree we do need to do something about this. By the time I sobered up on Monday..to late.

Yeah,

And the commish couldnt play in the leauge because then there could be improprities. I wish there was some kind of system like CBS sportsline had where the teams with the worst records and so forth got the picks first. However, if thats not available on yahoo are there any other fantasy host site that offer that feature? There has to be a way to do it.

Maybe we can set the waiver order the reverse order of the draft picks, and then rotate it down every week. Then pick ups must go in that order on tuesday. Then everyone gets a chance to be on the top. Its still a bit random but at least it eliminates the need to sit next to the computer on game day.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Have you guys thought about using Fanball? I'm almost positive you can do all the things mentioned above.

one thing about waivers. i think they should be set reverse draft order, and then NEVER reordered.

i hate unlimited transactions and FAs, but i hate worse being penalized for being in the lead every week.

i went 13-0 last year in the reg season in a league where i never got one waiver pickup. my guys ended up going down and i got stomped in the playoffs by waiver players

one thing about waivers. i think they should be set reverse draft order, and then NEVER reordered.

i hate unlimited transactions and FAs, but i hate worse being penalized for being in the lead every week.

i went 13-0 last year in the reg season in a league where i never got one waiver pickup. my guys ended up going down and i got stomped in the playoffs by waiver players

Agreed. The only re-order should be that once you use your waiver spot, you go to the end of the line.

Quit complaining. I won our regular season and you beat me with my Romo/Cowboy meltdown. :pillow:

I'm kidding with you BTW.

Well right now we have ohbakeme and luoldeng as the first alternates of the three leagues. I'm pretty sure someone isn't going to pay so you guys will be the first plugged in.

If we can get enough for a 4th i guess we can do it but that's alot of leagues for BAR to hold onto.

I guess if people still want to play keep signing up.

Back