CTG 2008 Fantasy Football League

SHSUHorn

Thief
This league on here seems to be growing pretty strong. Last year we had two different leagues one set at $100 each and the other $50 each.

Payment must be made via paypal before the draft or you won't play.

I guess we can get started early on all who's interested.

I'm in for the $100 league and $50 league.

$100 League I

1. SHSUHorn
2. TideHigh
3. Kramer
4. T-dot
5. Marlo Stanfield
6. Believe811
7. Wearo Dog
8. JumponBoard
9. Smith1051
10. Seabass
11. Bossup
12. Troutman

$50 League II

1. SHSUHorn
2. Mogo
3. TideHigh
4. Marlo Stanfield
5. Believe811
6. Boss Up
7. Frankiegotti
8. Orangemonk
9. B.A.R.
10. Madshooter
11. vegaskyle
12. boz45

$50 League III

1. Smokedog
2. B.A.R.
3. Troutman
4. Inspekdah
5. Yessir
6. Slug
7. Pboxnation
8. Loggy
9. boz45
10. Mcdrewcarey187
11. Rufus1966
12. t-squared

Last edited by a moderator:
Also guys can we make some changes to this league? I think the current format is so damn boring of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, K, Team Defense.

In my other leagues its more challenging when we play

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R
W/R
DL
LB
DB

Playing with defensive players is so much better then playing with team defenses.

Just a thought but its much funner and takes more skill.

d players would be fun, since i'm not in any IDP leagues this year.

i like your setup Horn. i don't like IDP leagues with like 6+ players on D

i personally am against playing with defensive players but obviously ill do whatever

Also if we need to start a third league we will.

And a big thanks to BAR once again for voluntering to hold the money and make the payouts like he has so far in all of our leagues the last two years.

Payments once again are going to be made via paypal to him.

Throw me in for both the 50, and the 100 league.

Is the draft conducted during the day, or @ night, or on the weekend?

Last edited:
as long as we get it filled early we should be able to pick our time from a wide array of times. i think we all just chimed in and tried to go with the best time for all, last year. but i think the 50 league had issues and drafted after week 1

I'm in for the $100 league, and the $50 if you have trouble finding people. I was going to take care of everything this year like last year, but I'd prefer someone else takes over.

I think Defensive Players should be saved for an alternate league, not the $100 league. Last year's $100 draft was a lot of fun. We found a time that everyone could make it. I think everyone made it last year... We drafted on a week night, so everyone was home.

I'm in for the 100 league again as well...I also don't want indivdual players on D...I'm fine w/ the more spots on O though Horn..

I'm back in the $100 league to donate my money to whomever. Me and my Nattie's will see ya'll on Draft night. I am also against individual
defensive players and would basically like to see the same format, at least this year.

Also I'd prefer to play with 12 teams than 10 to get a little deeper into the talent pool. Don't remember which way we did it last year.

Yahoo's servers crashed for everybody the Wednesday night before the first Thursday night game last year....

so lets remember to do our draft the weekend, or the week before this year... :shake:

ill get in the 50 league

edit: is the 50 league gonna be standard?? not to try and change what you guys plan on doing but I dont really wanna do it if its individual D players or a wacky system..would prefer close to "standard" rules/players

Last edited:
Can we put up the rules for each league so i know which to join? Thank you.

Well IDP players are out. All I need to know is do you guys want to do the traditional.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex
K
Team Defense

OR

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex
Flex
K
Team Defense

Basically just adding one more flex to the standard rules to make it a little more tougher.

I prefer the second option but I'm down with whatever you guys want.

If you want to mix it up go with another QB instead of a flex - that would make it challenging. Do you want your 2nd QB to end up to be a turd like Croyle?

If this becomes a yearly thing, I think previous players should get the first right of refusal. That way we can eliminate deadbeat GM's and maintain some semblance of continuity.

Just a suggestion (possibly turning one of the leagues into a keeper ..hint hint..cough ...cough)

2 flex and i'm with tdot we should try to get the same group back into one league and start another one as well.

2 flex and i'm with tdot we should try to get the same group back into one league and start another one as well.

I was thinking about pushing this as well...if we do get 2 leagues, it'd be fun if we could keep all the returnees in one league...

We will try to do that. I'll move some guys around by seniority. Once we see how many return we can start talking keeper leagues.

Also if you were in the leagues last year let me know. I was in both but forgot most since Romo chocked away both fuckin titles for me in our leagues.

Back