Crikey, it's AO time

pressitup

Leader of the Adult Humor Industry
Pie won the Brisbane, absolutely destroying Sabby 6-0, 6-3.
Currently +750

Withdrawls:

Men: Nadal

Women: Muchova, Keys, Svitolina, Zzheng

I like Cirstea in the Adelaide , but number is not worth it.

Took a flyer on Preston +560 vs. Garcia. Hoping the crowd can push the young Aussie over the finish line.

Going to spend some time this week on it, trying to catch a few qualifiers to see if it looks like any have a shot at a mini run. 1st week of majors is so tough for me and I haven't looked to see if it's going to be another scorcher this year

Going to spend some time this week on it, trying to catch a few qualifiers to see if it looks like any have a shot at a mini run. 1st week of majors is so tough for me and I haven't looked to see if it's going to be another scorcher this year
They took a ton of locals on the woman’s side. Haven’t recognized a lot of names yet.

Reactions: KJ
Some really good R1 matches:

Swiatek-Kenin
Collins-Kerber
Giorgi-Azarenka
Rybakina-Pliskova
Linette-Wozniacki
Garcia-Osaka
Samsonova-Anisimova
Pavlyuchenkova-Vekic

Sabalenka has a pretty easy path

Some really good R1 matches:

Swiatek-Kenin
Collins-Kerber
Giorgi-Azarenka
Rybakina-Pliskova
Linette-Wozniacki
Garcia-Osaka
Samsonova-Anisimova
Pavlyuchenkova-Vekic

Sabalenka has a pretty easy path
Might have to actually play several in the first round

Like Kerber a lot in that one, watched her play Iga the other day and she was as sharp as I've seen her in a while

Love Rybakina for the tournament but that's a good 1st rounder, not much in the way of tune ups for any of them really

Swiatek/kenin faces Collins/kerner in R2. Iga is the only non Aussie open finalist in that group.

Elena Rybakina’s path to the Australian Open title:

R1 - Pliskova

R2 - Bucsa / Blinkova

R3 - Paolini / Osorio / Shnaider

R4 - Kasatkina / Kalinina / Stephens

QF - Pegula / Zheng / Raducanu

SF - Swiatek / Svitolina / Ostapenko / Vondrousova

F - Gauff / Sabalenka / Jabeur / Sakkari

Iga Swiatek’s path to the Australian Open title:

R1 - Kenin

R2 - Collins / Kerber

R3 - Bouskova / Noskova

R4 - Svitolina / Kudermetova / Cristian / Siniakova

QF - Vondrousova / Azarenka / Ostapenko / Tomljanovic

SF - Rybakina / Zheng / Pegula / Kasatkina / Raducanu

F - Sabalenka / Jabeur / Gauff / Vekic / Haddad Maia / Sakkari

Might have to actually play several in the first round

Like Kerber a lot in that one, watched her play Iga the other day and she was as sharp as I've seen her in a while

Love Rybakina for the tournament but that's a good 1st rounder, not much in the way of tune ups for any of them really
Had no idea that Kerber was still playing thought she retired 3 years ago.

took a long shot w/ wozniacki @100/1

I'll bet kerber in heads up, maybe not in the battle of the quads vs collins. Angie +200, I'll probably cave on game day.

I always take rybakina in a major(+750), but you have to think Pliskova +450 in R1 would be worth it. Not sure my limited brain would make the line that high.

Reactions: KJ
took a long shot w/ wozniacki @100/1

I'll bet kerber in heads up, maybe not in the battle of the quads vs collins. Angie +200, I'll probably cave on game day.

I always take rybakina in a major(+750), but you have to think Pliskova +450 in R1 would be worth it. Not sure my limited brain would make the line that high.
Pliskova +450 is high but seems like it's almost too good to be true when we both know Rybakina has so much advantage in that match. She would need to be really off to lose it imo

Watching Kasaktina/Ostapenko now. Never have understood how Daria doesn't just get it. Stay in every point and Piggypenko will make a ton of errors. This should be a win 7/10 times with basic strategy for her yet her patience is nil

Lets have some fun with the first grand slam of the year

Sinner -2.5 sets -150
Coric +153
Popyrin -6 games +103, -2.5 sets +125
Lajovic -134
Thiem +145
Zverev -2.5 sets -140
B Fruhvirtova -145
Anisimova +204
Noskova +148
Yastremska +430
Paolini -207
Kostyuk -239
Pavlyuchenkova -173
Mertens -1.5 sets -170
Kalinskaya -234
Townsend +179
Osaka -111
Kerber +215
Sabalenka Qtr -115
Zverev vs Rune who goes further -140

Lets have some fun with the first grand slam of the year

Sinner -2.5 sets -150
Coric +153
Popyrin -6 games +103, -2.5 sets +125
Lajovic -134
Thiem +145
Zverev -2.5 sets -140
B Fruhvirtova -145
Anisimova +204
Noskova +148
Yastremska +430
Paolini -207
Kostyuk -239
Pavlyuchenkova -173
Mertens -1.5 sets -170
Kalinskaya -234
Townsend +179
Osaka -111
Kerber +215
Sabalenka Qtr -115
Zverev vs Rune who goes further -140
I want to play Kerber, she could frustrate Collins eith her methodical play. Not sure the rust is off.

I want to play Kerber, she could frustrate Collins eith her methodical play. Not sure the rust is off.
Was a Cup match I watched her play against Iga last weekend, can say the match score doesn't tell the story

Kerber made Iga go 3-4 more shots than she's used to on a LOT of points, was painting her spots and deep. Obviously talent won out but betting Iga live game to game was more stressful than it appears

God I hate the first week

Just threw away money hand over fist betting game to game and the TB that Joker would win the 2nd set

He was the 2nd best player on the court all along. Not like he won't win but that set was expensive.

So was Taylor Fritz and he cost me a load tonight too because he had no idea how to hold serve against a guy he should beat 3-0 more times than not. Bad start to the weekend here.
Fritz has been in bad form for quite awhile.

Got so bad I had to put on the Phantom soundtrack to chill out

Still haven't seen weather for the next couple weeks

Think this is the year Frances finally sniffs top 8 and goes to Turin or wherever it is in December

Hard to watch this when live betting is a full point and a half ahead of what I'm seeing

Next round of stars aren't overly emotional outside of Rune. Would love him and Casper to be a rivalry, I think Casper is quite frankly just better but he's always going to be limited until he embraces hard courts.

Sinner will likely be the class w/Alcaraz but there really isn't much story/emotion to either of them

What a scam replay is

It used to take 30 seconds and the crowd clapping religiously to get hawkeye results, now it's suddenly faster than you can ask for a review

Back