PSGBruggeMan CityRB Leipzig
PortoAtletico MadridLiverpoolAC Milan
DortmundSporting CPBesiktasAjax
Real MadridShakhtarInterSheriff Tiraspol
BenficaDynamo KyivBarcelona Bayern
VillarealAtalantaYoung BoysMan United
Wolfsburg SevillaLilleSalzburg
MalmoChelsea ZenitJuventus

I just wanted a team with a chance in every group if possible, so wanted one of the power 2 in groups with that
Yep same, hated going first but got a good 2/3 and cross fingers for the rest

Getting defaulted Porto isn't the worst default I guess

i was simply referring to last year, but that group is one of the easiest possible
They are just shedding salary, almost akin to a rebuild

The two Milan squads are better and hate to say it, so is Roma if they buy in

Bunch of things to watch there

i've been shocked by the Roma offense so far, surely Jose will ruin that soon enough
He often has good starts good tho, spurs were flying and top of the league last december.
Everywhere else he has a trophy in year 1 or 2

It's usually not until year 3 where the wheels come off, and they come off hard

They are a complete wild card for me. I'd prefer either Milan team to them but at the end of the day they are Juve
Allegri is an huge upgrade from pirlo

Luckily like GW said the group is shit, so they really have until February to figure it out

Locatelli rabiot
De ligt chiellini bonucci
Sir Chesney

That's a good spine, then you have dybala and freddy church up top attacking, sandro and cuadrado at wing back

Talent is for sure there, they figure out the mental part by knockouts, they wont be east to eliminate

Big name vs Milan this weekend should be fun

Reactions: KJ
got a much needed win today from what looked like an overmatched club who offered it to them on a plate, i do think momentum can be built and that can alleviate some of the struggles by being able to jump to another competition unlike american sports that are all the same. Normally it's a drawback for a domestic league performance to have european commitments, but if you start as poorly as Juve then it may be exactly what the doctor ordered

(Pirlo was a joke and the hire was a joke. It's amazing how poorly these big clubs are run)

This should be a fun go, pretty even through today with GW up but Teed and Mong have some thunder coming after tomorrow

Draws for knockouts are on Monday, let's do Europa draft next week. Only want to do it early for consistency, before transfer window keeps it in the fairway

So after group stages we have

KJ 4
PSG
Real Madrid
Benfica
Villareal

Gwarner 4
Man City
Liverpool
Inter
Lille

Monger 3
Atletico Madrid
Sporting
Chelsea

Teeed 5
Ajax
Bayern
Man United
RB Salzburg
Juventus

All gonna depend on the draw

Dude you're in the catbird seat fo sho
I like gwarners spot the best

Man city and liverpool two best teams in world right now, inter are solid

For you I think it comes down to PSG, assume if they haven't been 'fixed' by February than poch is out, and they let messi coach by a proxy. Madrid are really good too, rodrygo and Vini took a leap. Villareal and benfica could go another round

Monger getting Atleti through was big and gives him a chance too, with chelsea, barca capitulating didnt help

I think my only real contender is Bayern unless Man U bring in a midfielder. Juve cant score, ajax and salzburg would need a nice draw

I could see me being down to bayern only after next round, everyone else has 2 strong teams

I like gwarners spot the best

Man city and liverpool two best teams in world right now, inter are solid

For you I think it comes down to PSG, assume if they haven't been 'fixed' by February than poch is out, and they let messi coach by a proxy. Madrid are really good too, rodrygo and Vini took a leap. Villareal and benfica could go another round

Monger getting Atleti through was big and gives him a chance too, with chelsea, barca capitulating didnt help

I think my only real contender is Bayern unless Man U bring in a midfielder. Juve cant score, ajax and salzburg would need a nice draw

I could see me being down to bayern only after next round, everyone else has 2 strong teams
Ajax are a final 4 and might be my #2 behind Bayern

I was looking at europa teams left

West ham may be the best team left of the original teams

Dortmund probly best all around

We are doing a tequila toast on Zoom for the draw Monday. Should be fun and not productive

We are doing a tequila toast on Zoom for the draw Monday. Should be fun and not productive
You guys should get a good draw since you cant get chelsea yet, so atleti is probably toughest possible of the 2nd place teams

Someone usually makes that table with the percentages but I searched reddit and twitter and couldnt find it

Found it

FGMPmEwX0AANPxY

Reactions: KJ
sorry been MIA.

barca need the money so they should care, most of the team are UEL players anyway so should be right up their alley (priced like a UCL team though so i will likely be on Napoli)

good luck all, lots of overlap within the owners so i'm surely down to two of my top-3

Obviously if we're going to do Europa at this point it will need to be after this round anyway which is fine once it's trimmed down to 16 from 24. I'll do it for fun if everyone is in, if not, no harm no foul.

Even $50 per would keep it interesting, probably the most entertaining it's been since I've been watching this sport.

Obviously if we're going to do Europa at this point it will need to be after this round anyway which is fine once it's trimmed down to 16 from 24. I'll do it for fun if everyone is in, if not, no harm no foul.

Even $50 per would keep it interesting, probably the most entertaining it's been since I've been watching this sport.

i'm intrigued @Monger @guaranteeed

Cool, just need to make sure the 16/quarters/semis are relevant so it's not simply picking Barca to win

Starts tomorrow so would need to be tonight

Leipzig I think would just need to forfeit this rounds point?

Or maybe give them 0 for this round, if they advance from the final 8 they get 2 points? I.e one for this and the one they would potentially get next?

doesn't look like we're going to do this since there are early games tomorrow. Leipzig situation is odd, too

...barely know the countries of the teams in UECL Thursday so i think we just roll with our initial contest

Yeah just too late and I didn't even know Leipzig gets the walkover until I read your post

Hard to justify a way to use them because they are obviously likely to win against SM but if they lose next round and that's the difference

I guess we can readdress it after next week and it's trimmed to 8, could still have an interest in the best teams left

QF
KJ 7
Real Madrid
Benfica
Villareal

Gwarner 6
Man City
Liverpool

Monger 5
Atletico Madrid
Chelsea

Teeed 6